PDA

View Full Version : Busch & McMurray Driver Swap

trish
11-06-05, 11:23 PM
This came from another forum. I thought it was pretty funny and wanted to share.

Kurt Busch and Jamie McMurray still don't know if they will be driving for new teams next year. The anticipated swap of drivers involving three teams isn't done. If a deal is done, the changes are these: Busch will leave Roush Racing and drive the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge next season, replacing Rusty Wallace. McMurray will replace Busch for Jack Roush. And someone – possibly Bobby Labonte or Ricky Rudd – will replace McMurray in the #42 Havoline Dodge. "Ultimately it's Jack's decision if we want to separate and move on," Busch said. "If we can work out all the details, great." Jack Roush said he isn't sure everything will get resolved. "I don't have a drop-dead date," he said. "Geoff Smith [team president] is handling those negotiations, and he said it needs to be done quickly." Roush was asked if he and Busch had spoken recently. "I haven't had a conversation with Kurt of any consequence since he told me he wanted to be released from his contract for 2006. I'm immune to frustration when it comes to Kurt Busch."(Dallas Morning News) (11-5-2005)

Thanks Andrew!

TKGAngel
11-07-05, 01:27 PM
I'll add to the funny by saying that Jim Beam is looking for a rebate of their Robby Gordon sponsorship because of 13 DNF's/DNQ's.