PDA

View Full Version : Mexico City GT

Sean O'Gorman
11-05-05, 07:52 PM
Only eight cars, but wow, what a finish! I hope they let Murry keep the championship.

I missed most of the race, can't wait to watch the tape on that.

NismoZ
11-05-05, 08:00 PM
They probably will, but they shouldn't! (4 wheels off course!!! :p ) I sure hope there is a nice still shot of that bit of aerobatics...classic.)

Fio1
11-05-05, 08:45 PM
It was indeed a good race. I am a Porsche guy and am so glad Porsche won the title! Lally's pass on Murry was uncool also. What can Grand-Am do, punish one and not the other?

The only thing for sure regarding the GT race is that once Auberlen stepped out of the BMW with a 42 second gap at half distance, Magnussen made up the deficit and walked away with the race......

pedroskova
11-05-05, 10:36 PM
...boring.

Accipiter
11-05-05, 10:55 PM
Pratt & Miller built GM cars won a Championship in World Challenge by ramming Porsches off the track. So a Porsche ramming a Pratt & Miller built GM car to win this championsip just evens the score.

Lizzerd
11-06-05, 12:26 AM
I watched the last 20 or so laps. The GT race was fantastic. The Azteca (?) TV crew missed the pass by Lally and the re-pass by Murray live but the replays to me seemed that Lally's pass, although a bit rough, was fair. Murray's punt was a flagrant dive bomb move. But what do I know? I think the GTO-R deserved the win.