PDA

View Full Version : Cosworth News

NismoZ
11-05-05, 12:41 PM
Reading where Cosworth has an LMP1 600+ hp twin turbo V-8 ready to sell to ALMS customers, is ready to market it's own synthetic engine oil and coolant and is expanding it's aftermarket stuff to Subaru, Nissan etc. "Whatever is good for business!" :thumbup: :D

Accipiter
11-05-05, 12:57 PM
Since then Sportscar racing has once again gone from strength to strength with Audi shortly to be joined by Peugeot and Porsche having “works” entries in the top P1 class. This is the prototype class competing for outright victories in which customer teams are also well represented due to the prescriptive nature of the rules offering a reasonably lever playing field for “works” and customer teams alike. This is the category in which Cosworth see an opening for a P1 engine and has designed and developed a 3.6 litre twin turbo engine to be offered for competition in the ’06 season.

The engine is Cosworth’s first to use petrol direct injection for reasons of economy and recently completed a full 24-hour durability cycle without problem except test cell operator fatigue!

Sportscar racing is one of few categories in which Cosworth has not been well represented over the years and this is the engine with which we hope to make our mark.

http://cosworth.com/content.php?pageid=2&contentid=73

Cool.

stroker
11-05-05, 07:41 PM
Too bad Gulf oil isn't around any more. That old Mirage-Cosworth in the John Weyr blue/orange was a great-looking car...

coolhand
11-05-05, 08:03 PM
i want to see the radical lmp2 with a cossie

extramundane
11-05-05, 10:27 PM
i want to see the radical lmp2 with a cossie

With the exception of Rollcentre, Radical P2s only come with AER engines.

pchall
11-06-05, 12:42 PM
Giovanni Lavaggi (a blast from the Champ Car past!) is doing a his own P1 chassis using the twin turbo Cosworth for Le Mans and the rest of the European races. I haven't found a picture of the LS1 yet, but the chassis has passed crash testing.

Accipiter
11-07-05, 01:51 PM
Someone needs to stick that engine in a new Riley & Scott P1 chassis.

chop456
11-07-05, 02:17 PM
Has this supposed P1 Porsche been mentioned anywhere else? It's news to me.

The new Peugeot is a diesel, BTW.

extramundane
11-07-05, 04:19 PM
Has this supposed P1 Porsche been mentioned anywhere else? It's news to me.

Nothing's been announced, but the Porsche P2 has been assumed to be a foot back in the door en route to a P1. I guess they're just assuming Porsche will be a fellow P1 competitor.