PDA

View Full Version : Sonny's BBQ

skaven
11-04-05, 06:55 PM
Had some last night with dinner. YUM ! ! ! :)

You can buy some too and support Dale Coyne and Champ Car. Sonny's Store (http://www.sonnysbbq.com/pages/products.php?cat=Bar-B-Q+Sauces)

BTW, per Dale Coyne's website (http://www.dalecoyneracing.com/sponsors/index.htm) Sonny's was founded in Gainesville, FL in 1968 (Gay Goters :D ) and is the largest BBQ chain in America with more than 150 restaurants in nine Southeastern states. Not sure why they wound up in Champ Car, but way to go Dale. :thumbup:

cameraman
11-04-05, 07:13 PM
I read on a forum somewhere that Dale Coyne owns some Sonny's franchises.

That might be correct.

skaven
11-04-05, 07:25 PM
Perhaps like Indeck on the Forsythe cars then?

You sound pretty sure of yourself there... ;)

theunions
11-04-05, 09:59 PM
I read on a forum somewhere that Dale Coyne owns some Sonny's franchises.

That might be correct.

You ARE correct. He's got something like 11 or 12 in FL and/or GA. I believe this took place in between the collapse of his/PRG's early 2001 merger and his solo return in 2003. Why they're nowhere near his Illinois home base like Route 66 Raceway, I dunno...

stroker
11-04-05, 11:36 PM
I meant to go to Sonny's when I was in Orlando in August. Never made it. Ended up in Harry Ramsbottom's English Pub instead watching soccer. (Ptui!)

The beer and fish & chips were good, though.

Dvdb
11-05-05, 11:53 AM
Funny enough, some of their e-mail addys are dcrpitcrew@

skaven
11-08-05, 11:46 AM
From Sonny's customer service email center -

Thanks for the support, it's great to hear from a Sonny's fan. Dale Coyne owns 7 Sonny's Restaurants in Florida: Ft. Pierce, Stuart, Port St. Lucie, Sebring, 2 Ft. Myers locations and Clewiston.

tllips
04-03-06, 12:45 PM
We stopped at Sonny's somewhere in GA (I can't remember exactly which one) on our way home from Spring Break Saturday evening.

I found it excellent. I really like the variations in sauces. I liked the Sizzlin' Sweet.

Much better than Famous Dave's for a chain.

I had the Spare ribs. The Mrs. tried the pork platter (Spare ribs, Sliced Pork, and pulled pork). Both meals were great and my son (4) actually ate some pulled pork.

devilmaster
04-03-06, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the support, it's great to hear from a Sonny's fan. Dale Coyne owns 7 Sonny's Restaurants in Florida: Ft. Pierce, Stuart, Port St. Lucie, Sebring, 2 Ft. Myers locations and Clewiston.

Dangit! I was in Fort Myers beach in November for 10 days.... If I had known about that, I would have at least tried it out.

I do try and support current and former sponsors (as I made a cajun shrimp salad po'boy for lunch today with a homemade Herdez chipotle mayo)

NismoZ
04-03-06, 04:04 PM
Me too, I send everything FedEx, use Pennzoil, bought an Electrolux and a little Dirt devil,, run Bosch and Bridgestones, sip a Miller now and then, slap on rain'X, had a Cosworth Vega once, have a Uniden phone(s), use Energizers and Gillette stuff, owned a slew of Toyotas and Hondas, but I've never had a Ford, a Fosters, a Marlboro, a Kool, Players or hollywood or bought Firestones. Even a Tecate. (Though I have been an ardent supporter of their Girls!) I seldom see the inside of a Target or K-Mart, never tasted Barilla anything, but I HAVE had a Jiffy Mix or two! Ah, the good old days. (What's a Mi-Jack?)

rabbit
04-03-06, 04:27 PM
(What's a Mi-Jack?)
http://www.mi-jack.com/

Ankf00
04-03-06, 04:37 PM
Sonny's? never heard of it :gomer: goters are for suitcases, not food :p

Night Train
04-03-06, 10:35 PM
Sonny's is ok, they've got a few around Charlotte. The BBQ is poor compared to the good stuff you find in the Eastern part of the state, but it'll do in a pinch.

Michaelhatesfans
04-04-06, 01:27 PM
Me too, I send everything FedEx, use Pennzoil, bought an Electrolux and a little Dirt devil,, run Bosch and Bridgestones, sip a Miller now and then, slap on rain'X, had a Cosworth Vega once, have a Uniden phone(s), use Energizers and Gillette stuff, owned a slew of Toyotas and Hondas, but I've never had a Ford, a Fosters, a Marlboro, a Kool, Players or hollywood or bought Firestones. Even a Tecate. (Though I have been an ardent supporter of their Girls!) I seldom see the inside of a Target or K-Mart, never tasted Barilla anything, but I HAVE had a Jiffy Mix or two! Ah, the good old days. (What's a Mi-Jack?)
You sound like a guy who's put away a lot of Provimi Veal.

TravelGal
04-04-06, 02:37 PM

Great post!!

Barilla really is superb pasta. Search it out.