PDA

View Full Version : Transitional lenses.

mapguy
11-04-05, 05:54 PM
Anyone got 'em? I have a new prescription that requires prisms and contacts are too expensive. So I am thinking on getting transitionals. I now how bad they were when they first came out so I want some feedback on how they are now.

Anyone?

Tifosi24
11-04-05, 07:06 PM
I had them for three years and went back to normal lenses just recently. They aren't bad and I don't think they are nearly as bad as they use to be, but I did notice with mine that they never technically went back to normal. It was never something too bad, but I would notice that inside everything would have a slightly yellowish tint. Instead of transitions, this time I got glasses that have these little magnets around the lenses. Included with the pair of glasses are click like sunglasses that attach to the magnets. These new types of glasses are about everywhere they sell glasses.

chop456
11-04-05, 07:31 PM
Ugh.

Get separate eyeglasses and sunglasses. Tinted lenses are for guys who wear zip boots and short-sleeved shirts with ties.

TKGAngel
11-04-05, 08:11 PM
.... Instead of transitions, this time I got glasses that have these little magnets around the lenses. Included with the pair of glasses are click like sunglasses that attach to the magnets. These new types of glasses are about everywhere they sell glasses.

I agree these types of glasses are good. They really were not that much more expensive than a regular pair of frames.

Tinted lenses are for guys who wear zip boots and short-sleeved shirts with ties.

I see you've met my father then? Well, minus the zip boots part...

nissan gtp
11-04-05, 09:24 PM
lasik is the **oops**, really good

:cool:

JLMannin
11-04-05, 11:10 PM
The biggest problem I had with them is they would not transition inside of a car. See, they need UV radiation to darken, and glass filters out UV, so inside a car (when I need sunglasses real bad), they just did not darken.