I thought it was wabbit season.

dando
11-04-05, 10:37 PM
Biggie time showdown in the Big 10 tomorrow:

Bucks/Illini! :gomer: :D

Other matchups of note:

'canes @ Hokies - it's turkey season, y'all
Badgers @ Knittin' Lions - winner takes sole possession of first in the Big Ten
Vols @ domers - OK, it looked like a big matchup a few weeks ago....
UCLA @ 'zona - I still gotta a feelin' dem Broons are gonna fall this week or next

Go Ducks!

-Kevin

jcollins28
11-05-05, 12:18 AM
Biggie time showdown in the Big 10 tomorrow:

Bucks/Illini! :gomer: :D

Other matchups of note:

'canes @ Hokies - it's turkey season, y'all
Badgers @ Knittin' Lions - winner takes sole possession of first in the Big Ten
Vols @ domers - OK, it looked like a big matchup a few weeks ago....
UCLA @ 'zona - I still gotta a feelin' dem Broons are gonna fall this week or next

Go Ducks!

-Kevin

Nope Bruins are running the table. Dem SC sons of a beaches going down!

Ankf00
11-05-05, 12:39 AM
Bruins run the table when Phil Fulmer runs a clean program... :gomer:

cartman
11-05-05, 04:49 AM
Bruins aren't running the table. They are the only team in the top 10 that actually has a worse defense than USC. Bruins will put up around 30, but it won't matter because with their ranked somewhere in the 90's for all of division 1 college football defense, USC will put up around 50.

USC & Texas in the Rose Bowl for sure.

VT will probably beat Miami, they are tough as nails when they play in Blacksburg, but it will be irrelevant, they'll get shut out of the championship game even if they win.

Ankf00
11-05-05, 01:41 PM
FEAR THE BEAR!!!

dando
11-05-05, 03:29 PM
FEAR THE BEAR!!!
Hey they took Okie to OT....it could happen. :gomer:

I say BU will give 'em a run for their $$$...for the 1st Q. ;)

-Kevin

racermike
11-05-05, 09:08 PM
Oregon Ducks pull off an overtime win over the Cal Bears, 27-20, to bring their record to 8-1 on the season.

GO DUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcollins28
11-05-05, 09:42 PM
LOL, I think the jig is up for UCLA. They have had more comebacks then Freddy Kruger but this game is out of hand.

Dr. Corkski
11-05-05, 10:39 PM
Even 1-AA doormat Northern Arizona did better in Tucson. :rofl:

jcollins28
11-05-05, 10:49 PM
Even 1-AA doormat Northern Arizona did better in Tucson. :rofl:

Yeah it hurts to REAL BAD.... :( :mad: :o

racermike
11-05-05, 11:54 PM
Well, wonder if my Ducks can make top 10 in polls, and BCS, after UCLA and Florida St lost to unranked teams today.

dando
11-06-05, 12:11 AM
UCLA <=== :laugh: (told y'all)

GO Ducks (and take Corky w/you). :)

Va Tech = turkey :thumdown:

FSU loses @ home to 1-4 in conference Wolfpack? :cool:

-Kevin

coolhand
11-06-05, 03:58 AM
I always thought that Oregon could be the second best in the pac-10.

I hope they finish in the top 10.

As much as i wish SC beat UCLAs undefeated hopes, this was a pretty funny spanking today.

and Stanford's band is annoying!

Gnam
11-06-05, 04:01 AM
Stupid ducks.

http://www.wunderbar.co.uk/A%20drunk%20bear.JPG

Stanfurd's band needs a beatin'. Kill the Tree!

coolhand
11-06-05, 04:05 AM
burn tha ****ing tree.

the tree was pretty mild this game, i think at B-ball gaes is where it gets real ugly.

But the SC bands half-time show was making fun of the Standford band.

and all the stanford band did was mimick the SC band songs and make load noises.

cartman
11-06-05, 04:26 AM
The good news (for me at least) is that Georgia couldn't and didn't lose this weekend! Hopefully nancy boy Richt will figure out how to muster up some offense before we tangle with Auburn next weekend.

UCLA and Virginia Tech got embarrassed. Man...at least my Dawgs showed up (except for offensive play calling), made the loss look respectable and played a game that if you were watching you wouldn't want to turn off due to blowout against the Gaytors last weekend. VT and UCLA didn't even show up. Ha Ha (doing my best Nelson from the Simpsons impression as I type this).

Ankf00
11-06-05, 06:34 AM
But the SC bands half-time show was making fun of the Standford band.

and all the stanford band did was mimick the SC band songs and make load noises.

"b... b... b...ut we won at halftime!!!!!!" sounds veeeeeeeery aggy..... i guess there's a first time for everthing... first time for leinert to make a TD first time for reggie bush to realize he's an overrated chump and losing to vince in the heisman race.... good god, went to SMU today... they have more kids at the bars than the stadium, ****ing PATHETIC, and these douches cheer notre dame too.... a shame their women are so beautiful....

Rice M.O.B. best satirical/tongue in cheek band in the land, although they've been subpar this year :gomer:

anywho, like i told all y'all mfr'ers, marcus mexico's an overrated joke, ron mexico had better passing stats his frosh year, marcus mexico is a reshirt JUNIOR.... vince is a reshirt junior.... wanna compare? i thought not..... everyone glossed over his 3 int game 2 weeks ago "marcus mexico is one of the hottest passers in the country, he's better than his bro"

gee, how funny, VT FINALLY plays a real defense and they go down, no one would've EVER thought THAT!!!!!

Ankf00
11-06-05, 03:55 PM
Tyrone Moss - knee
Frank Gore - knee
Willis McGahee - knee

playing TB at the U is detrimental to your health.

Ankf00
11-06-05, 04:00 PM
1. USC (57) 9-0 1,617
2. Texas (8) 9-0 1,568
3. Miami 7-1 1,452
4. Alabama 9-0 1,450
5. LSU 7-1 1,328
6. Penn State 9-1 1,271
7. Notre Dame 6-2 1,201
8. Virginia Tech 8-1 1,147
9. Georgia 7-1 1,097
10. Ohio State 7-2 1,076
11. Oregon 8-1 943
12. Florida 7-2 905
13. Texas Tech 8-1 753
14. UCLA 8-1 693
15. Auburn 7-2 680
16. West Virginia 7-1 677
17. Florida State 7-2 605
18. TCU 9-1 536
19. Wisconsin 8-2 438
20. Fresno State 7-1 410
21. Michigan 6-3 372
22. Colorado 7-2 312
23. Louisville 6-2 242
24. Georgia Tech 6-2 109
25. Northwestern 6-3 82

jcollins28
11-06-05, 04:02 PM
Ohio State is ranked 10th! :rolleyes: ND at #7!..lol Giv eme a break. No way that Ohio State should be above Oregan and ND a two lose team ranked 7th is the biggest joke of all.

CART T. Katz
11-06-05, 07:06 PM
it is an outright travesty, a TRAVESTY, when ucla gets beaten by such a wide margin by a team with a losing record and does NOT get dropped out of the top 25 when they pretty much set the precedent when louisville dropped 16 spots by getting beaten by south florida by a smaller margin (barely) to a team with a winning record.

for the rest of the season, these polls are now illegetimate. :flame: :flame: :flame:

Ankf00
11-06-05, 07:14 PM
Ohio State is ranked 10th! :rolleyes: ND at #7!..lol Giv eme a break. No way that Ohio State should be above Oregan and ND a two lose team ranked 7th is the biggest joke of all.

ND and Miami are both jokes in the rankings... ND's wins came against teams collectively 22-31, and they lost to Mich St at HOME... Miami is probably the most solid 1 loss team out there, but they do NOT deserve to be over any undefeated team, especially 'bama in the SEC, even if 'bama's squeaking by...

even Eric Winston last night had his head together when asked after the game if they deserved a shot at the Rose Bowl, keep in mind the emotion of that kind of win and yet he said "no, I think there's something to be said for being undefeated. Do I think we're the best 1 loss team? yea"

Va Tech, Georgia, Miami, and PSU would all obliterate Notre Dame...

Ankf00
11-06-05, 07:15 PM
it is an outright travesty, a TRAVESTY, when ucla gets beaten by such a wide margin by a team with a losing record and does NOT get dropped out of the top 25 when they pretty much set the precedent when louisville dropped 16 spots by getting beaten by south florida by a smaller margin (barely) to a team with a winning record.

there isn't a rule that "you lose and you drop x spots"

the situation is totally different, teams have different records, different teams won and lost this weekend, different movement amongst the polls, but yes, polls suck, even the AP...

CART T. Katz
11-06-05, 07:41 PM
never said that. but the precedent was set earlier this year. if you can explain to me how a team that was ranked around what we were can suffer a loss that was worse that we had to a team that had a worse record than the one we played and only dropped 7 spots to our 16, i would be very interested in hearing your theory.

this only shows how much the national media is just picking on the big east just because it's the big east. most of them don't realize the ones they should be hammering on is the acc for having such a low ranking up until last year.

Dr. Corkski
11-06-05, 08:15 PM
:cry: Louisville lost early in the season when there were still a bunch of undefeated and good 1-loss teams. Of course they were going to drop hard.

The Wankers from Westwood are now ranked behind every other one-loss team from a major football conference, which is where they should be.

Ankf00
11-06-05, 11:16 PM
but the precedent was set earlier this year

there is no precedent, there is no rule you drop x spots, there were 16 teams with as good or better records that moved up when you lost, ucla is a 1 loss team and now the only 1 loss major they are ahead of is west virginia.

1. USC (59) 3-0
2. Texas (6) 3-0
3. Virginia Tech 4-0
4. LSU 1-0
5. Florida 4-0
6. Florida State 3-0
7. Georgia 4-0
8. Ohio State 3-1
9. Miami 2-1
10. Tennessee 1-1
11. Michigan State 4-0
12. California 4-0
13. Notre Dame 3-1
14. Arizona State 3-1
15. Alabama 4-0
16. Texas Tech 3-0
17. Wisconsin 4-0
18. Minnesota 4-0
19. Virginia 3-0
20. UCLA 3-0
21. Boston College 3-1
22. Purdue 2-1
23. Iowa State 3-0
24. Louisville 2-1
25. Georgia Tech 3-1

this is the AP the week after your loss, looks plausible enough over here, BC lost to FSU, ASU to LSU, ND to MSU, Miami to FSU, OSU to UT, L-ville lost to S. Florida... "one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong..."

dando
11-06-05, 11:42 PM
See my post in a pevious thread about pre-season or polls early in the season, and the predisposition they cause. Just look @ the week 4 or 5 poll Ank posted to see how many of those teams aren't ranked now. And yes, ND's ranking is *********. Their loss to MSU proves that to be so. OSU lost to two teams ranked in the top ten. Oregon plays in a pathetic conference, and played non-con games against Houston and Montana, and a close W against a 20ish ranked Freson St. Think SOS might have sumthin' to do about dat ranking?

-Kevin

dando
11-06-05, 11:44 PM

for the rest of the season, these polls are now illegetimate. :flame: :flame: :flame:
Uh, big loss in week 4 vs. big loss in week 10. BIG difference, dawg.

-Kevin

dando
11-06-05, 11:46 PM
"one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong..."
Good to see you still have yer Sesame Street down pat. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-07-05, 12:00 AM
:D s'how I do

And now I present to you, Mike Leach: Weatherman (http://www.weathernow.tv/video/weather.wmv)

Greatness.

CART T. Katz
11-07-05, 02:18 AM

-Kevin
i fail to see the difference. both teams lost in similar situations while being similarly ranked. keep in mind i'm not arguing louisville's ranking currently, but what they were a month ago. the logic of when the loss occurs is an empty one. are you saying a team that gets blown away in week 1 will drop more spots than a team that gets blown away in week 12 or 13? plus we are asking the media to be consistant (a real stretch i know).

also f00 how many of those teams were ranked when they pulled the upset? i honestly don't recall. but i still will make this point that it doesn't matter when you lost but to whom you lost, an arizona team that has done nothing in the last 5 years (before you say the same about south florida, check the record. south florida has had 2 losing records in its history; last year and it's inagural year. the last 5 years arizona has a record of 23-35. from 2002 south florida has a record of 17-16) beat ucla in the same way that south florida beat us and there are dissimilar results in the polls a week later.

speaking of ugliness, have you seen these eyesores? these are the rumored new oregon unis:http://www.mightyoregon.org/14604896_z.jpg

Dr. Corkski
11-07-05, 03:03 AM
The timing of your losses DOES matter. Even if you think your overrated Louisville team was better than a bunch of the teams ranked ahead of it at the time, fact of the matter is they had a better record than Louisville and should be ahead until they actually display the suckage expected of them. Earlier in the season you are going to have more undefeated teams than you would later in the season. How dare that big bad Big East hating media machine not penalize teams for winning. :laugh:

cartman
11-07-05, 03:13 AM

-Kevin

I'm glad you spelled "dawg" properly. Go Georgia!

Ankf00
11-07-05, 10:57 AM
yes it does matter when you lose, and to a degree whom you lose to, but the biggest factor is what EVERYONE ELSE'S records are... everyone ranked in week 4 had 1 or 0 losses... how many teams can you say that about now?

you lose early and win out, you're going to end up ranked higher (unless you'r ND) if you win 9 games and then drop one... e.g. Miami

skaven
11-08-05, 12:01 AM
I'm glad you spelled "dawg" properly. Go Georgia!

I'm suddenly worried that the Old Ball Coach might beat the Gators this weekend. If so, your "dawgs" can lose against Auburn and still win the east.

Urban Legend vs. Ole Ball Coach - Round I :thumbup:

If Legend loses, Goter faithful will be calling for Legend's head on a platter and the return of Superior. :cry:

Ankf00
11-08-05, 12:28 AM
your douche Legend needs to bring in Tebow and Schaffer for QB in this year's class so we can pick up Jevan Snead. :D

skaven
11-08-05, 12:54 AM
As long as they can run the Legend's legendary spread option... :gomer: