PDA

View Full Version : Big MO

Ronbo
11-04-05, 12:36 AM
I was sitting here thinking about the recent announcement of Sherman/Williams joining the ranks, Paul Newman starting an Atlantics team, CC purchasing the rights to Toronto, 19 drivers in Mexico, and then I think about the announcement of the new Chassis/engine formula for 07, the purchase of Cosworth, Long Beach, added races, like San Jose and Edmonton,( I'll leave Korea and China off of this list until they happen), and all the way back to the purchase of CART.

The thing that struck me most is that comparing now to the hey-day of the mid '90's, now feels better. What I mean is that when we had everything going our way, with several teams/ drivers/engines/chassis, etc... we were kind of in a rut. No need to fix something if it's not broken. The racing was good, the series was healthy, and we had enough drivers that we could actually sit drivers that were not fast enough, (the 110% rule). But we had problems. Problems that were covered up by money. There were a lot of chiefs and not enough indians. There was no real direction, or control. Or too much! We suffered through some bonehead hires at the top. Heck, we even had Rahole as the chief for a while. Look how that worked out.

Anyway, this just feels better. Despite all the damage others have tried to inflict upon us, starting at the split, then the bk proceedings, the attempted purchase of Cosworth and Long Beach, the defection of several teams and drivers, sponsors, and even the negative press, ChampCar has prevailed.

Not only has ChampCar prevailed, it is borderline, downright, kicked butt!!
CC has not played dirty pool.
CC has not cheated, lied or decieved, anybody.
CC has not paid teams from the rival series to defect.
CC has not tried to undercut the other series, by buying out tracks or engine suppliers, or try to kill it outright by buying out the assets or done anything that could possibly be considered underhanded, evil, or in the case of the opposition, just plain stupid!
CC has not interfered in the other series in any way.
CC has done exactly what it said it would do, and done a lot more than that.

The defections have stopped and some are even rumoured to return.

Then you add the all the new teams that are rumoured to be joining CC and T/A in '07.

The "news" of future title sponsors, and every day there is news of new sponsors coming into the series, the possible addition of new tracks, and God only knows what 2007 will bring.

CC is halfway into their 5 year plan and by all accounts, way ahead of where anybody thought they would be, including me! I could have never imagined that we would be as far along as we are and the news on the horizon is brighter and brighter. If you talk to any insiders, they hint of more big news, just around the corner. They have not lied to us yet, so why should we doubt anything that we hear from CC?

Yes, things like China and Korea, happen. So do things like Edmonton and San Jose!

My money is with KK and GF and PG. They have shown the ability to run this business, and I can't wait for the next report of good news, that comes out of the CC camp!

These guys are doing it right and are gaining that all important, "Big Mo"!!!

Keep the Faith!

Ronbo

Mike Lawler
11-04-05, 01:18 AM
And with the addition of Steve Johnson................. look out TG.

CARTNUT
11-04-05, 01:20 AM
PLEASE!!!! MODERATORS!!!!

For gawds sake can we get rid of all these doom & gloomers??? ;) :laugh:

But Seriously, PRAISE ON BROTHER!

'NUT :gomer:

Lizzerd
11-04-05, 02:37 AM
Great post, Ronbo. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nobody can ever say you heard any D&G from me, ever. I was always in the "never say die" camp, and am proud to say that I never, NEVER lost faith. Back in '01 and '02, a buddy of mine kept telling me that "CART dead. The handwriting is on the wall. TG has won the war. Give it up. Forget it." Well, he was half right, I guess. But, The Saviors came through and our favorite series is alive and well, I believe. No, I KNOW that our series is alive and well and thriving with nothing but a better future before it.

Your enthusiasm is great, Ronbo, and I share it with you.

And it still wouldn't break my heart to see the hurl wither and die, either.

One more time... :thumbup:

Gnam
11-04-05, 03:18 AM
Raise your hand if you thought this thread was gonna be about Mauricio Gugelmin. (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2001/By800/20010617P_0005.jpg)

coolhand
11-04-05, 04:23 AM
Raise your hand if you thought this thread was gonna be about Mauricio Gugelmin. (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2001/By800/20010617P_0005.jpg)

ditto.

I agree that CC is going the right direction, but don't get too excited about "news" of new sponsors. the news almost never comes to fruition

sadams
11-04-05, 09:13 AM
Hand raised!!!

TKGAngel
11-04-05, 09:29 AM

Hand raised. Wonder what Big Mo's been up to lately?

mueber
11-04-05, 09:34 AM
My money is with KK and GF and PG. They have shown the ability to run this business, and I can't wait for the next report of good news, that comes out of the CC camp!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

racer2c
11-04-05, 09:34 AM
Gimme a C, gimme an H, gimme an A, gimme an M, gimme a P, gimme another C...well, you get the idea. :)

cartman
11-04-05, 11:05 AM
Hand Raised!

rabbit
11-04-05, 11:38 AM
CC has not paid teams from the rival series to defect.
CC has not tried to undercut the other series, by buying out tracks or engine suppliers, or try to kill it outright by buying out the assets or done anything that could possibly be considered underhanded, evil, or in the case of the opposition, just plain stupid!
CC has not interfered in the other series in any way.
CC has done exactly what it said it would do, and done a lot more than that.
Ding! Ding! Ding! How many times has it been said on here that Champ Car needs to forget about what goes on at 16th & G'town and focus on its own series. Finally we have owners who are doing just that, and look what they have accomplished. Great post Ronbo.

(Oh, and my hand is raised also.)

NismoZ
11-04-05, 12:42 PM
"The news almost NEVER comes to fruition"? Where do you GET that stuff? These posts are about MORE coming to fruition than most of us were willing to even HOPE for! Seriously, what would it take for you to post a more positive response to the direction ChampCar is presently heading? (lets just say I'm excited about the new RuSport sponsor news...if it doesn't come to fruition I'll join your skepticism) :)

cameraman
11-04-05, 01:54 PM

Here.

formulaben
11-04-05, 02:27 PM
It's almost scary to think about how the series might look in 2008, let alone 2007. It really gives me "blind faith", as it were, for what will happen in the coming years when you constrast where the series has come from in the last few years and all the land mines it has both dodged and stepped on.

RaceCat
11-05-05, 12:36 AM
Thank you! I haven't read a post that made me smile this much is a LONG time. Thanks so much for posting this. You are so right and you made my day by posting it.

RaceCat :D

Ronbo
11-08-05, 10:44 PM
Thank you! I haven't read a post that made me smile this much is a LONG time. Thanks so much for posting this. You are so right and you made my day by posting it.

RaceCat :D

Your welcome!

Keep the Faith!

dando
11-08-05, 11:33 PM
Guilty.

(hoping Big Mo was coming in as an owner)

-Kevin

formulaben
11-09-05, 12:03 AM
Guilty.

(hoping Big Mo was coming in as an owner)

-Kevin

Ditto. :cry: