1:00 PM Jacksonville at St. Louis
4:05 PM Miami at New Orleans
4:05 PM Kansas City at San Diego
4:15 PM Philadelphia at Denver
4:15 PM Tampa Bay at San Francisco
8:30 PM Buffalo at New England

10/31/05
9:00 PM Baltimore at Pittsburgh

Most important game of the week: Browns at Texans. Houston has a chance this year to run the table and go 0-16. This is their biggest roadblock of the season for them going undefeated. The Cleveland Browns are struggling, and may very well lose to the Texans. Houston needs to definately come up big and play like they have the last 7 weeks so they can take the L.

WickerBill
10-30-05, 11:24 AM
Here's hoping that TO gets shut out and Green Bay and Cincy give us a 58-54 game....

nrc
10-30-05, 06:02 PM
Here's hoping that TO gets shut out and Green Bay and Cincy give us a 58-54 game....

With five interceptions the Bengals should have made it more like 58 to 7. :(

Ankf00
10-30-05, 06:22 PM
the way plummer and tatum are moving the ball, TO won't get many touches this game... Denver man, terrell davis, olandis gary, mike anderson, clinton portis (well that draft pick was always gonna be $$$), but quentin griffin and tatum bell (apparently Denver likes okie trash), they definitely know how to draft backs and compliment them with a decent line to run behind

meanwhile there's the suck of garcia and harrington with an ineffectual line ruining the all-universe abilities of charles rogers roy williams and kevin jones

spinner26
10-30-05, 06:26 PM
Indianapolis remained undefeated this week, tyvm! :gomer:

dando
10-30-05, 08:21 PM
With five interceptions the Bengals should have made it more like 58 to 7. :(
Who Dey! Oy! :confused: :saywhat:

That about sums it up.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-30-05, 08:22 PM
Chris Simms chokes at the sight of red jerseys again. :laugh:

WickerBill
10-30-05, 09:05 PM
How 'bout them Broncos... a healthy Champ would have made that final score a LOT worse than it was.

Redskins... what? 50+ last week? ZERO??

AFC West... hey... you guys just keep whipping up on each other and letting Denver stretch it's lead, please.

Bengals -- two games this year with 5 picks? You should have destroyed Green Bay. Any particular reason Chad barely saw the ball?

Houston wins!

Thank you St. Louis for pushing Jacksonville further away from Indy.

I love Suzy Kolber.

Andrew Longman
10-30-05, 09:08 PM
Sorry. Biggest game of the day was Giants hosting the Skins. A chance for either to move into sole posession of P1 in a tight division game. Moving into the middle part of the season, a time to define what kind of character either team has. And practically every Giant there ever was or is was at Wellington Mara's funeral on Friday. Words can't describe the meaning Wellington gave to the Giants over 70 years. One of his 40 grandkids sung the national anthem. And the Giants suffocated the Skins today. I think the Skins ran six play in the first quarter. At my last count Tiki Barber had 211 yards of offense by himself.

In a big important game the Giants came up big for the Duke. :thumbup:

dando
10-30-05, 09:48 PM
Bengals -- two games this year with 5 picks? You should have destroyed Green Bay. Any particular reason Chad barely saw the ball?

I love Suzy Kolber.
Al Harris. CJ commented last week that Al would be his stiffest test this season. Whether that was intended as false flattery is up for debate. Harris played a solid game, tho. Biggest issue with the Bengals O is getting the running game going to make the passing game more effective...especially the play-action passing game.

I saw her first....or Joe Namath did. :gomer:

-Kevin

Lizzerd
10-30-05, 10:10 PM
Move on. Nothing to see here. The Colts, the 7-0 Colts, had a bye week.

See ya next Monday night.

dando
10-30-05, 10:18 PM

Nah. See yer boyz in PBS on 11/20. Counting down the days. :)

-Kevin

Lizzerd
10-30-05, 11:03 PM
Nah. See yer boyz in PBS on 11/20. Counting down the days. :)

-Kevin

Like I said about that in another thread, care to make a wager?

Andrew Longman
10-30-05, 11:41 PM

Please. From what I can tell so far, Peyton is destined to be Manning the lesser. Eli is the real Giant in the family. :D

Lizzerd
10-31-05, 12:06 AM
Please. From what I can tell so far, Peyton is destined to be Manning the lesser. Eli is the real Giant in the family. :D

Wow, I didn't expect an Eli vs. Peyton argument. Eli may well prove your point, ten years from now. You know, like let's give him a chance to prove himself by throwing oh, say, 50 TD passes in a season, or doing something like, hmmm..., setting the all time passer rating for a season, or throwing 2 or more TD passes in, uh, something line 20 games in a row, or being the QB to reach some damn yardage milestone in the shortest time, or winning two consecutive MVP awards... I could think of more, but you get my drift yet? If Eli proves he's better than his big brother, then more power to him. As far as being "the real Giant", I think he's the only Giant. Peyton is a Colt.

If Eli ends up being judged better than Peyton when both are retired, then all the better for you and him. Even if he does or if he doesn't, just since you brought it up you know, I'll take the future Hall of Famer on my fav team's roster for now, thank you very much.

:D back at 'ya.

Sean O'Gorman
10-31-05, 12:11 AM
Let's wait until one of them can beat the Patriots. Hell, even Kelly Holcomb is doing that right now. :D

Dr. Corkski
10-31-05, 12:17 AM
Move on. Nothing to see here. The Colts, the 7-0 Colts, had a bye week.They have had 8 of those this season. :gomer:

Lizzerd
10-31-05, 12:30 AM

Manning vs. Manning, Part II

Eli (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493004)
Peyton (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12531)

Lizzerd
10-31-05, 12:34 AM
They have had 8 of those this season. :gomer:

They have beaten 7 NFL teams, all professionals last time I checked. You play the schedule you are given. The season will get tougher with New England, Steelers, Cincy Kitties and Jacksonville again in the second half, so we shall see. I don't expect a '72 Dolphins season, but until somebody beats us... I rest my case for now.

devilmaster
10-31-05, 12:45 AM
Devilmaster officially hates this word now - Improvisation.

:mad:

Lizzerd
10-31-05, 01:14 AM
Let's wait until one of them can beat the Patriots. Hell, even Kelly Holcomb is doing that right now. :D

"is doing" doesn't (didn't) cut it. Like I said, see ya next Monday night, after Peyton beats the Pats.

cartman
10-31-05, 02:19 AM
I don't think I can ever buy into Eli being better than Peyton. I guess time will tell, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen. Eli does look pretty good occasionally, but not consistently yet. Eli didn't manhandle the Skins today, in fact his numbers were pretty lackluster, especially from a fantasy football perspective. Tiki deserves all of the kudos for that win today, he was unbelievable. Eli's team has 2 notches in the L column, Peyton's team has 0 notches in that column. I do however think that Marcus Vick will be better than Michael. He looks sick this year, I can't wait to see what he does in the NFL (if he stays out of trouble and doesn't bring home any more 15 year old girls that is).

I'll tell ya this though, living in Atlanta, all I ever hear about on the radio is how terrible a passer Michael Vick is. I am getting so sick of hearing all of this Vick can't pass crap. All of the doubters should probably wait until the Falcons actually have some receivers that can catch the dang ball before Vick's passing ability can be realistically evaluated against other quarterbacks that do have receivers that can catch.

I'm not sure if any of you play fantasy football, but if you do I'm sure you'd agree with me on this. I am growing increasingly irritated by the injury report game a lot of coaches are playing. Everything I read this week and this morning said that Corey Dillon would get the start for the Pats in tonight's game. Well sure enough the game starts and Patrick Pass is the starter. Thankfully for my fantasy team Pass got hurt which forced them to put Dillon in and he did score good points for my fantasy team, but had Pass not gotten hurt, Dillon probably wouldn't have even sniffed the field, much less the end zone. I also have Hines Ward in tomorrow night's game. They say that he's starting as well, but these days you don't know for sure until the game starts. Too bad I have to have my lineup set by an hour before the first game on Sunday.

WickerBill
10-31-05, 06:58 AM
I'm not sure if any of you play fantasy football, but if you do I'm sure you'd agree with me on this. I am growing increasingly irritated by the injury report game a lot of coaches are playing.

Without question, Bellichick is the worst offender in this category. I wouldn't be surprised to see a league "clarification" of the injury report policy soon.

As far as an hour before gametime -- you need to have your commish change that to 5 minutes.

WickerBill
10-31-05, 07:02 AM
I also would like to say that I feel it's disgraceful what nrc did yesterday. I normally wouldn't speak out against the owner of this site, but Richard, really. I do not have your back on this one.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2005/1030/photo/a_bengalfan_195.jpg

Andrew Longman
10-31-05, 08:36 AM
Wow, I didn't expect an Eli vs. Peyton argument. Eli may well prove your point, ten years from now. You know, like let's give him a chance to prove himself by throwing oh, say, 50 TD passes in a season, or doing something like, hmmm..., setting the all time passer rating for a season, or throwing 2 or more TD passes in, uh, something line 20 games in a row, or being the QB to reach some damn yardage milestone in the shortest time, or winning two consecutive MVP awards... I could think of more, but you get my drift yet? If Eli proves he's better than his big brother, then more power to him. As far as being "the real Giant", I think he's the only Giant. Peyton is a Colt.

If Eli ends up being judged better than Peyton when both are retired, then all the better for you and him. Even if he does or if he doesn't, just since you brought it up you know, I'll take the future Hall of Famer on my fav team's roster for now, thank you very much.

:D back at 'ya.

Not hard to miss that button on you Indy types is it? :D

To be clear, I said Eli was "destine" to be the better based on what I saw so far. Not there yet though.

With the jaundice eye of a typical Giant fan sceptical of every first rounder I have been hugely impressed with Eli.

His numbers don't tell the story but in time I think they will. For now they wobble between brilliant and just OK. What's impressive are:

- The leadership he established with the teammate the instant he became a starter. Established stars immediately took to following him.
- He's unflappable. I have not seen him make a dumb play yet and he's made countless smart plays. Pressure, sacks and bad plays don't change his approach in the least. Never too high or too low. Even last year when the team was truly awful.
- In a city with 4 major daily newspapers, 2 sportstalk radio stations, 12 television stations, and the media capital of the world, all competing for veiwers/readers, he has handled the spotlight beautifully. Much better than Randy Johnson who punched a camerman his first day here.

Too early to say for sure. He's won only six games and none away from Giants stadium. But whether it is Mark Messier or Derek Jeter or Phil Simms, no one has succeeded in sports in NYC without the above qualities. And Eli has them so early in his career.

Nothing against Payton, but looking at his performance against the Pats and in playoffs, perhaps he doesn't have it as well and little bro. He may not throw 50 TDs in a season, but I'm betting Eli wins more championships ;)

Ankf00
10-31-05, 08:48 AM
Well, it'd be nice to see either Manning be something more than a Marino :gomer: :D I dunno about Eli not making any dumb plays, he certainly didn't do much vs the cowboys unfortunately, but he's head and shoulders above Dave Brown, Stan Fox and Danny Kanell :D For a 2nd year guy with the kind of line the G-men have had the past 3-4 years, not bad, not bad at all.

Marcus Mexico vs. Ron Mexico: Marcus has 1.5 years of eligibility left, he's not a "freshman" as ppl want to keep saying b/c he's finally starting at QB, he's done nothing extraordinary this year outside of his rushing against BC last Thursday, he had 3 picks and no scores against Maryland 2 weeks ago, he's on Ron Mexico's freshman level (granted that was his best year due to future injury) Marcus is lauded for his calm and leadership mostly, and if you're a 3rd year guy, you should have that... This next strech of games will show what he's capable of...

nrc
10-31-05, 01:29 PM
I also would like to say that I feel it's disgraceful what nrc did yesterday. I normally wouldn't speak out against the owner of this site, but Richard, really. I do not have your back on this one.

Playing in the NFL ain't so tough. In a 60 second career this guy got a fumble and a 30 yard return. :D

Meanwhile the rumor is that Bengals Defensive Coordinator Chuck Bresnahan will bring the Cincinnati police in this week to demonstrate proper tackling form.

WickerBill
10-31-05, 01:43 PM
I cannot believe the guy held on to the ball when he took that tackle. Nasty. Any good video of this on the net?

Night Train
10-31-05, 01:58 PM
Macus Mexico right now is a better pocket passer than his brother.

Wheel-Nut
10-31-05, 03:29 PM
Who are the Mannings??

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/thumb_250/51941.jpg

Lizzerd
11-01-05, 01:30 AM
- The leadership he established with the teammate the instant he became a starter. Established stars immediately took to following him.
- He's unflappable. I have not seen him make a dumb play yet and he's made countless smart plays. Pressure, sacks and bad plays don't change his approach in the least. Never too high or too low. Even last year when the team was truly awful.
- In a city with 4 major daily newspapers, 2 sportstalk radio stations, 12 television stations, and the media capital of the world, all competing for veiwers/readers, he has handled the spotlight beautifully. Much better than Randy Johnson who punched a camerman his first day here.

Here, we agree. :D Archie raised a couple good, classy kids in his own mold.

Nothing against Payton, but looking at his performance against the Pats and in playoffs, perhaps he doesn't have it as well and little bro. He may not throw 50 TDs in a season, but I'm betting Eli wins more championships ;)

Here, we shall see. They are both zero for career so far, but I'm fired up about Super Bowl XXXX. The Pats have been Indy's nemesis for years. YEARS. There were seasons a while back when they sucked and Indy was decent to good. Pats would be something like 3-13 and two of their wins would have been against the Colts. For now, though, we have a two game lead on the conference for home field and three games on the Pats. It's tough to win on the road in the Dome.

nrc
11-01-05, 02:07 AM

"I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, there's no way you can prove anything!"

The fan who ran out of the stands and snatched a football from Brett Favre's hand pleaded innocent to a variety of charges at his arraignment Monday, while the Bengals promised not to let it happen again.

Gregory Gall, 31, of Cincinnati, is accused of resisting arrest, trespass and disorderly conduct while intoxicated. He was released on his own recognizance following his appearance in Municipal Court. Innocent? Only 65,000 witnesses and network TV say different. I don't think the judge is going to buy the "bad call" insanity defense. Honestly, throw the book at the guy.

Wheel-Nut
11-01-05, 11:05 AM
"I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, there's no way you can prove anything!"
Innocent? Only 65,000 witnesses and network TV say different. I don't think the judge is going to buy the "bad call" insanity defense. Honestly, throw the book at the guy.

Perhaps his lawyer should throw the red flag for a challenge.

WickerBill
11-01-05, 11:24 AM
Show me irrefutable evidence! (seriously, I want to see video of this guy taking the cross-body block)

Stu
11-01-05, 11:39 AM
Show me irrefutable evidence! (seriously, I want to see video of this guy taking the cross-body block)

I saw it, he got leveled.

chop456
11-01-05, 11:46 AM
Guess Sam Wyche was wrong about Cleveland fans being the a-holes, huh? :D

Andrew Longman
11-01-05, 11:55 AM
Here, we agree. :D Archie raised a couple good, classy kids in his own mold.

Here, we shall see. They are both zero for career so far, but I'm fired up about Super Bowl XXXX. The Pats have been Indy's nemesis for years. YEARS. There were seasons a while back when they sucked and Indy was decent to good. Pats would be something like 3-13 and two of their wins would have been against the Colts. For now, though, we have a two game lead on the conference for home field and three games on the Pats. It's tough to win on the road in the Dome.

One more thing to keep in mind if both brothers spend their carreer with their respective teams, there is a huge difference playing half your games in the climate controlled roofed Hoosier Dome compared to swirling, windswept, cold rainy Giants Stadium. It may not have been obvious on Sunday for example because it was reasonably sunny, but winds were gusting up to 35 mph and within Giants Stadium you never know from minute to minute and place to place where the wind will come from. It is one of the toughest places to throw and kick in the league.

nrc
11-01-05, 11:59 AM

No. :p

cart7
11-01-05, 05:17 PM

Apparently this guy is being credited with the longest run of the season for Green Bay.

Gnam
11-01-05, 05:36 PM
Maybe they'll turn it into a Burger King commercial.

dando
11-01-05, 11:30 PM
See Browns v. Jags from a few years ago...or, how 'bout the $.10 beer night promo for the Tribe in the 70s. 'nuff said. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Lizzerd
11-02-05, 03:59 AM
One more thing to keep in mind if both brothers spend their carreer with their respective teams, there is a huge difference playing half your games in the climate controlled roofed Hoosier Dome compared to swirling, windswept, cold rainy Giants Stadium. It may not have been obvious on Sunday for example because it was reasonably sunny, but winds were gusting up to 35 mph and within Giants Stadium you never know from minute to minute and place to place where the wind will come from. It is one of the toughest places to throw and kick in the league.

Just between you and me, I wish Indy had an open air stadium, ala Green Bay and Buffalo. That said, Peyton likely woundn't have some of his lofty records, but would still be a great QB.

We just broke ground on an extractable roof stadium, playable in '08, I think. Indy fan's aren't as robust as GB, Buffalo, or Cleveland, though. The roof will be closed if it is 40 degrees or sprinkling rain, or they won't come to the game, I think. Dome fans are indeed Loud and Proud, but, willing to sit in the rain/snow/cold, IMHO, I don't think so. I can tell you that just by seeing who goes to the games (my lovely ex got the season tickets and I only go to a game or two a year now). The GQ husband and his trophy wife with the two pageant daughters with ribbons in their hair couldn't hack it. Stupid.

WickerBill
11-02-05, 07:24 AM
When I have gone to the RCA Dome, I've noticed all the women in skirts and cashmere sweaters, and the guys wearing loafers. C'mon....

Andrew Longman
11-03-05, 09:20 AM
Just between you and me, I wish Indy had an open air stadium, ala Green Bay and Buffalo. That said, Peyton likely woundn't have some of his lofty records, but would still be a great QB.

We just broke ground on an extractable roof stadium, playable in '08, I think. Indy fan's aren't as robust as GB, Buffalo, or Cleveland, though. The roof will be closed if it is 40 degrees or sprinkling rain, or they won't come to the game, I think. Dome fans are indeed Loud and Proud, but, willing to sit in the rain/snow/cold, IMHO, I don't think so. I can tell you that just by seeing who goes to the games (my lovely ex got the season tickets and I only go to a game or two a year now). The GQ husband and his trophy wife with the two pageant daughters with ribbons in their hair couldn't hack it. Stupid.

Happily (or not), the waiting list for Giant games is over 17 years. That means the tickets are hung onto with a death grip by those that have them. In my case my wife's stepmom's first husband was a state trooper who got tickets because he was a security consultant to the Giants when they opened the statium in the 70's. He died and the tickets went to his son who shares a game or two a year with his siblings. Most everyone at the games have been going for years or has a story like me.

Of course the NY power elite will always find a way to get tickets for the big games (kind of how the fans at Yankee playoff games are completely different from the regular season. No matter how big a fan you are if you can sell your playoff ticket for $2500 to some Wall Street yahoo who wants to impress a client, you will).

I agree with your assessment of open air stadiums. I played at Northern Michigan (w/Mariucci... shameless name dropping :gomer: ) and October/November games played with the wind, sleet and snow blowing off Lake Superior was a decided advantage for us. It utterly shocked teams from the tropics of Kentucky, Illinois and Ohio. Helped them win a Div II national championship in 75. A few years back they build a lovely domed stadium and I don't think they've have a winning season since.