PDA

View Full Version : LBGP get-together rum-running.....

devilmaster
03-19-03, 02:25 AM
Well, barring any major problems at the border with bringing stuff in, or even getting across, who wants Canuck stuff?

So far I've got:

2 cases of beer for Flywheel and Mello.
Chocolate bars for Lisa.
Carton of Players' light for Rocket and GoBucks to split. (according to the other thread)

Anyone else?

PM me or post it here.....

Steve

DjDrOmusic
03-19-03, 02:47 AM
Steve I would love a bottle of Hungarian Pear Brandy. It's not available here but it is in Canada. And please anyone from Canada, I dearly love AERO bars, either mint or chocolate. Thanks!!:)

devilmaster
03-19-03, 03:11 AM
So far I've got:

Chocolate bars for Lisa.
Carton of Players' light for Rocket and GoBucks to split. (according to the other thread)
Bottle of Hungarian Pear Brandy and some Aeros for Jerry.

I should probably explain the ground rules..... I'll try and buy everything wanted. A couple days before I go to columbus, I'll hit my bank's website and get the exchange rate. I'll send a PM or email with the price converted to Yankee dollars. Pay me yankee when I get there.

Remember, Canadians have wicked taxes. 15% on all goods. Alcohol and smokes are alot more in Canada. So be prepared for sticker shock on those items. I don't want to try and explain 20 cartons of smokes to Customs, so please be gentle on the requests.

Some ideas on prices. 24 bottles of beer - 35 canadian, 22 american...
pack of smokes - 8 bucks canadian, 6 american.....
40 oz bottle - around 25 canadian, 16 american

Steve

DjDrOmusic
03-19-03, 04:43 AM
OH YOU MEAN WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT??? LOL (just kidding)

Let's see, using the RaceChic formula for monetary conversion:

$10.00 US= $3000.00 Canadian

:D

Just having some fun, whatever the cost, it will be worth tasting those Aero bars again and getting hammered by one very small glass of Hungarian Pear Brandy!!

:thumbup:

IceKub
03-19-03, 10:50 AM
I need 3 HU satelite cards, a case of Koho righty hockey sticks, a half dozen Alanis Morrisette albums, some of that good stuff from Vancouver :D Just kidding, that would work out to be quite a bill.

Turn7
03-19-03, 11:11 AM
A case of back bacon and a dozen jellies, ehh.

Railbird
03-20-03, 02:47 PM
Full flush toilet? ;)

Wheel-Nut
03-20-03, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
Well, barring any major problems at the border with bringing stuff in, or even getting across, who wants Canuck stuff?

So far I've got:

Chocolate bars for Lisa.

Anyone else?

PM me or post it here.....

Steve

If you were in prison you would be king!!:rofl:

JT265
03-20-03, 05:36 PM
Steve,

I likely won't be in Columbus, but send a couple of cartons of Players Toronto way, K? :D

BTW- Try buying at duty-free, cause although its a ripoff, it is cheaper without taxes.

lisa
03-20-03, 07:15 PM
DrO, that's exactly what I asked for, AERO bars, love them. I've only had the mint though. And did you know that they have two wrappers? They have an inner and an outer wrapper. Not all candy bars in Canada have one wrapper. :rofl:

Steve, am I still going to get my candy...ummm I mean chocolate bars? :)

Lisa

DjDrOmusic
03-20-03, 07:55 PM
AERO bars are a little slice of heaven on Earth, I love the mint ones and my wife, the chocoholic, loves the chocolate. Come to think of it I love the chocolate ones also because of the mood it puts my wife into! :rofl:

HMMM did anyone think to ask for bags of milk??? ;)

I vote that wwe give Lisa the title of Resident Wrapper Queen!;)

RTKar
03-20-03, 08:35 PM
Malkin's (I think that's the brand) Jelly or Jams are the best. Used to buy them on fishing trips to northern Ontario. I could never understand why they weren't marketed here.

devilmaster
04-08-03, 08:18 PM
Ok... tis Tuesday prior.....

So last call, last call for alcohol.....

I've got:

couple cases of beer for mel and dan.
Bottle of brandy and chocolate bars for Jerry.
Chocolate bars and two CD's for Lisa...
A carton of Player's smokes for if people want to buy a pack or two or three... carton is 8 packs
RT - i'm still workin on those jams and jellies, i'll PM ya if I find them....
Chocolate bars for Melissa.

The stuff gets bought in the next 2 days. Let me know soon if ya want something.

Steve

RaceChic
04-08-03, 08:25 PM
Okay, Steve, what time would we be back if I went to Columbus???
If I am still off work because of the SARS thing come this Friday and I call my boss at home and we aren't going in on Monday, I might come..........:confused: :confused: :confused:

mello
04-08-03, 09:02 PM
OK DM .. it is all in your hands.. you better reply! lol oh and the right reply!
PS! I need more Players Lighters!