PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Marshall 86ed

extramundane
10-28-05, 08:08 AM
but not for performance (http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17063452-23210,00.html)

Marshall was fired because his contract breaches could not be reconciled, WPS said today.

"The breaches were serious and substantial, and occurred before the Surfers Paradise event," the team said.

"After careful consideration of the breaches, it was unanimously agreed to by all team owners (Craig Gore, Derrick Walker, John Fish) to terminate Marcus Marshall's driver and sponsorship agreement, effective immediately.

KLang
10-28-05, 09:08 AM
It will be interesting to find out what the breaches are all about. :confused:

I figured Marshall was going to be gone one way or another anyway after they hired Will Power.

Andrew Longman
10-28-05, 10:29 AM
It will be interesting to find out what the breaches are all about. :confused:

I figured Marshall was going to be gone one way or another anyway after they hired Will Power.

Yes, hard imagine. Stealing parts? Missing sponsor commitments? Talking badly about the management? Drugs or booze? DWI? Giving away team secrets?

Perhaps just a convenient and cheap way to dump a bad driver.

What's interesting is he was dumped by V8 team too. They're different, no? Makes me think he did something public and illegal.

NismoZ
10-28-05, 10:37 AM
Slow lap times? (repeated) If I was an owner, that'd be in the contract! :)

Winston Wolfe
10-28-05, 11:35 AM
Man, is Dr. Corky gonna be pissed ! :flame:

First, RHR, and now Marcus Marshall..... who is there gonna be left for him to hate in the series that he "loves" so much... :shakehead

Holy heck.... if Phillipe is next, Corkski may have to move on to Grand Am FULL TIME to be a true hater... :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
10-28-05, 11:49 AM
Man, is Dr. Corky gonna be pissed ! :flame:

First, RHR, and now Marcus Marshall..... who is there gonna be left for him to hate in the series that he "loves" so much... :shakehead

Holy heck.... if Phillipe is next, Corkski may have to move on to Grand Am FULL TIME to be a true hater... :thumbup:Can you get free passes for Grand-Am too, or are you only able to get them for the crapwagon races that you have been going to every year? :gomer:

Winston Wolfe
10-28-05, 12:01 PM
Can you get free passes for Grand-Am too, or are you only able to get them for the crapwagon races that you have been going to every year? :gomer:

Well..... NO Grand AM.... but if my present employer goes there, and lets me know I have to go there and host some casual fans, then I guess I'll have to decide at that time... As far as the crapwagon race goes, it aint every year, and its just Fontucky, and its for "hosting" in the corporate hospitality area. Sure, it was much better when they were in CART and it was LB, Monterey, and CMS, but you gotta take the good with the bad, right?

Besides, I thought you wuz a "hater" from "hater central" ??? - :shakehead

Who are the drivers you like in CCWS again ? :confused:

cartman
10-28-05, 04:48 PM
Will Power, gotta love that name. Just as good or even better than Scott Speed.

Andrew Longman
10-28-05, 05:30 PM
Will Power, gotta love that name. Just as good or even better than Scott Speed.

My favorite was Lake Speed. Unfortunately had a Lacka Speed :gomer:

fourrunner
10-28-05, 05:48 PM
What about Dick Trickle ???

Should have "Adult Diapers" as a sponsor ! ;)

racer2c
10-28-05, 05:57 PM
My favorite was Lake Speed. Unfortunately had a Lacka Speed :gomer:

[insert race geek trivia before real race geek does] He beat Senna in a Euro Kart champsionship! He beat Senna in a Euro Kart champsionship! He beat Senna in a Euro Kart champsionship! He beat Senna in a Euro Kart champsionship! [/insert race geek trivia before real race geek does]

Andrew Longman
10-28-05, 06:07 PM
[insert race geek trivia before real race geek does] He beat Senna in a Euro Kart champsionship! He beat Senna in a Euro Kart champsionship! He beat Senna in a Euro Kart champsionship! He beat Senna in a Euro Kart champsionship! [/insert race geek trivia before real race geek does]

Darn if you aren't right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Speed I had no idea. Kinda odd he pick "NASCAR over F1 because it was the highest mountain to climb" :rolleyes:

According to this it wasn't enough though http://www.thegoal.com/players/autoracing/speed_lake/speed_lake.html

Always thought that Maxwell House livery was among the best.

oddlycalm
10-28-05, 09:02 PM
"The breaches were serious and substantial, and occurred before the Surfers Paradise event," the team said. The check bounced.

oc

G.
10-28-05, 10:33 PM
The check bounced.

ocI'm thinking, more fun than that!

Gotta be a dead hooker involved, somehow...

:gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
10-28-05, 10:43 PM
He was slower than a Russian website.

Rocketdoc
10-29-05, 03:36 AM
He was slower than a Russian website.

Or a Anton George neural event.

Ozarkian
10-30-05, 11:09 PM
Or a Anton George neural event.

When did that happen?

Kiwifan
10-31-05, 01:07 AM
Heard on Aussie Radio News his Dad saying that "they" are going to counter sue the Team. :saywhat: Sounds messy.

Rusty.

cart7
10-31-05, 05:59 AM
Marcus Marshall........ He should lease the name to a rock singer. That's got Top 40 written all over it.

NismoZ
11-03-05, 12:59 PM
Rumor says Marcus is on his way to Mexico City with intent to drive! Still wish I knew what those "breaches" were. One report says he's in for next year as well! Whoa, maybe 4 cars running and no backups!? Nice to have a rich and influential Daddy!

NismoZ
11-03-05, 01:47 PM
So, oc, has the check cleared, with promises of more to come?

FCYTravis
11-03-05, 01:57 PM
Well, I haven't seen him in the paddock yet... perhaps that's why all the Federales are hanging around Team Australia :laugh:

RichK
11-03-05, 01:59 PM
Marcus Marshall........ He should lease the name to a rock singer. That's got Top 40 written all over it.

nothing the Mather with hip-hop, either... :)

NismoZ
11-04-05, 12:03 PM
Lost the countersuit, even had to pay the court costs, no ride. STILL don't know what the "serious (and repeated) breaches" of contract were. Anyone?

Wheel-Nut
11-04-05, 12:21 PM
Lost the countersuit, even had to pay the court costs, no ride. STILL don't know what the "serious (and repeated) breaches" of contract were. Anyone?

Where's all those guys that could find out what the lawyers had for lunch during CART's legal issues in the past?

cameraman
11-04-05, 01:52 PM

Countersuit???? In what court?
What did he do file for a TRO?
And the team was awarded court costs????
Where is your information coming from?

emjaya
11-05-05, 12:13 AM
The check bounced.

oc

Didn't bounce,wasn't sent apparently,something about his helmet sponsers had an aurgment with Craig Gore at Surfers about the quality of the team.

From local OZ news;

The contract breech issue involves sponsorship

Marshall had a clause in his contract which forbid the team to hire another "local" driver for the term of his contract

he (Daddy) had paid $1 million for the drive (not sure if that's in aussie or yankee dollars)

His contract was for 2 years

he was offered a place in a 3 car team for next year but refused it.

he wanted to race at Mexico to show what he can do to other teams. :rolleyes: I think they already know.

:)

NismoZ
11-05-05, 12:19 AM
Thankyou. Now things seem a little more clear.

NismoZ
11-05-05, 12:47 PM
Huh, guess Marcus DID show up in Mexico City, said "they got us on a technicality" and vows to continue to look for a court solution, saying "there was no breach of contract." Careful, now!

fourrunner
11-05-05, 01:59 PM
Where's all those guys that could find out what the lawyers had for lunch during CART's legal issues in the past?

Those guys lived in Indiana ... Attended the Proceedings ... and phoned the results as things progressed ... plus MarkC either was there or had representatives doing the same ...They All did a great job !

Not sure anyone in Australia went that far!! ;)

I'm also surprised such a "minor dispute" got such attention so fast anywhere ... very impressive !!