PDA

View Full Version : Coolest interweb test EVER!

Ankf00
10-28-05, 01:09 AM
Which Historic General Are You?

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=13827291814577368116

This rocks.

So far have seen other than my original score I have seen: Caeser, Washington, Custer, Sitting Bull, Nathan Bedford Forrest, U.S. Grant, King Edward I, Castro, Vercingetorix (how ****ing cool is that?), MacClellan (f'ing wussies...), Mussolini, William Wallace....

And I'm Erwin Rommel

You scored 51 Wisdom, 77 Tactics, 61 Guts, and 37 Ruthlessness!
You're most comparable to German Field Marshall Erwin Rommel in the fact that you have very strong tactical skills and morales. However, Rommel lost in Africa despite the fact that his logicians had told him time and time again that the English were planning to shut off his supply lines. Rommel lost North Africa, because the English shut off his supply lines. The moral of this story... Listen to your logicians. And guard your damn supply lines! But that being said, Rommel was one of the greatest strategic and tactical minds of our day. Had he overrun Egypt (which was a definite possibility at the time), World War II may have turned out significantly differently then it did.

Erwin Rommel entered the army in 1910 and rose slowly through the ranks. In 1939, Adolf Hitler made him a general. Rommel brilliantly commanded an armored division in the attack (1940) on France. In Feb., 1941, he took the specially trained tank corps, the Afrika Korps, into Libya. For his successes there he was made field marshal and earned the name �the desert fox.� In 1942 he pressed almost to Alexandria, Egypt, but was stalled by fierce British resistance and lack of supplies. A British offensive overwhelmed (Oct.-Nov., 1942) the German forces at Alamein (see North Africa, campaigns in ). Rommel was recalled to Germany before the Afrika Korps's final defeat. He was a commander in North France when the Allies invaded Normandy in June, 1944. Allied success led Rommel, who had lost his respect for Hitler, to agree to a plot to remove Hitler from office. Wounded in an air raid in July, he had just recovered when he was forced to take poison because of his part in the attempt on Hitler's life in July, 1944.

Other leaders like yourself include Patton and MacArthur.

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 12% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 72% on Tactics
You scored higher than 70% on Guts
You scored higher than 22% on Ruthlessness

Apparently the test realizes I'm of Aryan descent or something... :confused:

manic mechanic
10-28-05, 01:26 AM
Which Historic General Are You?

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=13827291814577368116

This rocks.

So far have seen other than my original score I have seen: Caeser, Washington, Custer, Sitting Bull, Nathan Bedford Forrest, U.S. Grant, King Edward I, Castro, Vercingetorix (how ****ing cool is that?), MacClellan (f'ing wussies...), Mussolini, William Wallace....

And I'm Erwin Rommel

Apparently the test realizes I'm of Aryan descent or something... :confused:

Well, I'm William Wallace...And if I were here I'd slay the English with lightning bolts from my eyes and burn the rest with fireballs from my @zz! :rofl:

William Wallace
You scored 74 Wisdom, 65 Tactics, 69 Guts, and 58 Ruthlessness!
Like William Wallace, chances are you have no problem charging a larger, better trained, better equipped, better armed and armored English army with a band of naked drunken Scotsmen. I'm not contesting that you have balls. It's your brain function I'm worried about.
Scottish soldier and national hero. The first historical record of Wallace's activities concerns the burning of Lanark by Wallace and 30 men in May, 1297, and the slaying of the English sheriff, one of those whom Edward I of England had installed in his attempt to make good his claim to overlordship of Scotland. After the burning of Lanark many joined Wallace's forces, and under his leadership a disciplined army was evolved. Wallace marched on Scone and met an English force of more than 50,000 before Stirling Castle in Sept., 1297. The English, trying to cross a narrow bridge over the Forth River, were killed as they crossed, and their army was routed. Wallace crossed the border and laid waste several counties in the North of England. In December he returned to Scotland and for a short time acted as guardian of the realm for the imprisoned king, John de Baliol . In July, 1298, Edward defeated Wallace and his army at Falkirk, and forced him to retreat northward. His prestige lost, Wallace went to France in 1299 to seek the aid of King Philip IV, and he possibly went on to Rome. He is heard of again fighting in Scotland in 1304, but there was a price on his head, and in 1305 he was captured by Sir John de Menteith. He was taken to London in Aug., 1305, declared guilty of treason, and executed. The best-known source for the life of Wallace is a long romantic poem attributed to Blind Harry, written in the 15th century.

Is there a reason I'm better known as "manic"???

You oughta know, F00! :D

manic

racermike
10-28-05, 01:31 AM
Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar
You scored 57 Wisdom, 81 Tactics, 53 Guts, and 55 Ruthlessness!
Roman military and political leader. He was instrumental in the transformation of the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire. His conquest of Gallia Comata extended the Roman world all the way to the Atlantic Ocean, introducing Roman influence into what has become modern France, an accomplishment of which direct consequences are visible to this day. In 55 BC Caesar launched the first Roman invasion of Britain. Caesar fought and won a civil war which left him undisputed master of the Roman world, and began extensive reforms of Roman society and government. He was proclaimed dictator for life, and heavily centralized the already faltering government of the weak Republic. Caesar's friend Marcus Brutus conspired with others to assassinate Caesar in hopes of saving the Republic. The dramatic assassination on the Ides of March was the catalyst for a second set of civil wars, which marked the end of the Roman Republic and the beginning of the Roman Empire under Caesar's grand-nephew and adopted son Octavian, later known as Caesar Augustus. Caesar's military campaigns are known in detail from his own written Commentaries (Commentarii), and many details of his life are recorded by later historians such as Suetonius, Plutarch, and Cassius Dio.

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 27% on Unorthodox

You scored higher than 85% on Tactics

You scored higher than 48% on Guts

You scored higher than 80% on Ruthlessness

Tifosi24
10-28-05, 01:52 AM
Chief Sitting Bull
You scored 74 Wisdom, 65 Tactics, 68 Guts, and 37 Ruthlessness!
You'd make a decent guerilla fighter. You are a tactical genius and you have the balls to back it up with some follow through. But that being said, you are most likely unwilling to torture an enemy soldier for information, because underneath all of the hides of the buffalo you killed yourself and that huge f****ing headdress, you have a heart.
Chief Sitting Bull rose to prominence in the Sioux warfare against the whites and the resistance of the Native Americans under his command to forced settlement on a reservation led to a punitive expedition. In the course of the resistance occurred the Native American victory on the Little Bighorn, where George Armstrong Custer and his men were defeated and killed on June 25, 1876. Sitting Bull and some of his followers escaped to Canada, but returned (1881) on a promise of a pardon and were settled on a reservation. In 1885 he appeared in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, but his championship of the Native American cause was not at an end. He encouraged the Sioux to refuse to sell their lands, and he advocated the ghost dance religion. He was killed by Native American police on a charge of resisting arrest.

Other leaders like yourself include: Francis Marion

Dr. Corkski
10-28-05, 02:20 AM
Kellen Winslow II

You scored 0 Wisdom, 0 Tactics, 100 Guts, and 100 Ruthlessness!
The chosen one. Son of NFL great Kellen Winslow, Kellen Winslow II was a starter at the University of Miami, where he declared himself to be a soldier after 10-6 lost to the University of Tennessee. Following in the tradition of overrated Miami tight ends like his predecessor Jeremy Shockey, The Soldier was drafted by the Cleveland Browns with 6th overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, and held out for most of the preseason. When The Soldier finally did take the field, he made an impact by getting decked by a linesman. The Soldier's season would end early after breaking his right leg during an onside kick against the Dallas Cowboys. Fully recovered from his broken leg, The Soldier decided to return to the battlefield of a Cleveland area parking lot, where he was injured performing wheelies on a motorcycle he had just purchased, tearing his ACL and thus ending his second season before it even started.

Other leaders like yourself include: Jeremy Shockey

You scored higher than 100% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 0% on Tactics
You scored higher than 100% on Guts
You scored higher than 100% on Ruthlessness

Wheel-Nut
10-28-05, 09:58 AM
Ulysses S. Grant
You scored 77 Wisdom, 43 Tactics, 68 Guts, and 49 Ruthlessness!
Like you, Grant went about the distasteful business of war realistically and grimly. His courage as a commander of forces and his powers of organization and administration made him the outstanding Northern general. Grant, though, had no problem throwing away lives on huge seiges of heavily defended positions. At times, Union casualties under Grant were over double that of the Confederacy. However, Grant was notably wise in supporting good commanders, especially Sheridan , William T. Sherman , and George H. Thomas. Made a full general in 1866, he was the first U.S. citizen to hold that rank.

You scored higher than 95% on Unorthodox

You scored higher than 3% on Tactics

You scored higher than 90% on Guts

You scored higher than 55% on Ruthlessness

skaven
10-28-05, 10:39 AM
I KILLED Manic... sorry dude. :laugh:

King Edward I

You scored 64 Wisdom, 77 Tactics, 41 Guts, and 50 Ruthlessness!

Or rather, King Edward the Longshanks if you've seen Braveheart. You, like Edward, are incredibly smart and shrewd, but you win at any costs.... William Wallace died at his hands after a fierce Scottish rebellion against his reign. Despite his reputation though, Longshanks had the best interests of his people at heart. But God help you if you got on his bad side.

Gnam
10-28-05, 12:26 PM
Tifosi24 kicked my ass. :D

General Custer

You scored 57 Wisdom, 58 Tactics, 67 Guts, and 59 Ruthlessness!

You're reckless... a little like Custer. Make sure you know what you're up against before you charge into battle. But, that being said, Custer was one of the more successful generals of his day. He was a graduate of West Point and one of the more senior officers in the Union army. Custer had a distinguished career until his untimely demise at Little Bighorn.

In the comprehensive campaign against the Sioux planned in 1876, Custer's regiment was detailed to the column under the commanding general, Alfred H. Terry, that marched from Bismarck to the Yellowstone River. At the mouth of the Rosebud, Terry sent Custer forward to locate the enemy while he marched on to join the column under Gen. John Gibbon. Custer came upon the warrior encampment on the Little Bighorn on June 25 and decided to attack at once. He divided his regiment into three parts, sending two of them, under Major Marcus A. Reno and Capt. Frederick W. Benteen, to attack farther upstream, while he himself led the third (a little over 200 men) in a direct charge. Every one of them was killed in battle. Reno and Benteen were themselves kept on the defensive, and not until Terry's arrival was the extent of the tragedy known.

You scored higher than 27% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 22% on Tactics
You scored higher than 88% on Guts
You scored higher than 84% on Ruthlessness

Kahauna Dreamer
10-28-05, 01:01 PM
Ulysses S. Grant
You scored 64 Wisdom, 58 Tactics, 65 Guts, and 44 Ruthlessness!
Like you, Grant went about the distasteful business of war realistically and grimly. His courage as a commander of forces and his powers of organization and administration made him the outstanding Northern general. Grant, though, had no problem throwing away lives on huge seiges of heavily defended positions. At times, Union casualties under Grant were over double that of the Confederacy. However, Grant was notably wise in supporting good commanders, especially Sheridan , William T. Sherman , and George H. Thomas. Made a full general in 1866, he was the first U.S. citizen to hold that rank.

You scored higher than 50% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 23% on Tactics
You scored higher than 81% on Guts
You scored higher than 32% on Ruthlessness

Sean O'Gorman
10-28-05, 01:03 PM
I don't have the attention span for that test but knowing my luck I'd end up as this guy.

http://www.englisch.schule.de/wiesmoor/zapp.jpg

"We don't know anything about their race, history, or culture, but one thing's for sure. They stand for everything we stand against."

"Wow, one day a man has everything...,then the following day he blows up a $40 billion space station, and the next day he has nothing. It really makes you think."

DjDrOmusic
10-28-05, 01:24 PM
OK, I'm Julius Ceasar, I guess that means I either like salad or I'm used to being stabbed in the back by people I trust! ;)

Don Quixote
10-28-05, 01:46 PM
George Washington

You scored 61 Wisdom, 77 Tactics, 50 Guts, and 38 Ruthlessness!
Washington first served as a British officer during the French and Indian War, a war which he inadvertently helped to start. Afterwards, he resigned his post to marry Martha Dandridge Custis, a wealthy widow with two children. He was elected to the House of Burgesses and became a revolutionary leader at the outset of the American Revolution, attending both the first and second Continental Congresses. Washington was appointed Commander in Chief of the Continental Army in the American Revolutionary War (1775–83), leading the Americans to victory over the British, although sometimes in not the most scrupulous of ways. After the war, he served as president of the 1787 Constitutional Convention. Because of his central role in the founding of the United States and enduring legacy, Washington is sometimes called the "Father of his Country."

G.
10-28-05, 01:59 PM
Ceasar

You scored 57 Wisdom, 77 Tactics, 53 Guts, and 53 Ruthlessness!

You scored higher than 26% on Unorthodox

You scored higher than 69% on Tactics

You scored higher than 47% on Guts

You scored higher than 72% on Ruthlessness

pineapple
10-28-05, 03:19 PM
Hail Caesar.

You scored 59 Wisdom, 77 Tactics, 55 Guts, and 55 Ruthlessness!

You scored higher than 32% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 69% on Tactics
You scored higher than 54% on Guts
You scored higher than 80% on Ruthlessness

rabbit
10-28-05, 03:29 PM
USGrant

Tifosi24
10-28-05, 03:50 PM
I don't see how Washington gets high marks under tactics, if I remember correctly he basically got beat at every single engagement he commanded. I might be wrong though, I haven't taken American History in a while.

RHR_Fan
10-28-05, 03:53 PM
Vercingetorix

You scored 70 Wisdom, 58 Tactics, 50 Guts, and 53 Ruthlessness!
Leader of the Gauls, a chieftain of the Arverni. He was the leader of the great revolt against the Romans in 52 BC. Julius Caesar, upon hearing of the trouble, rushed to put it down. Vercingetorix was, however, an able leader and adopted the policy of retreating to heavy, natural fortifications and burning the Gallic towns to keep the Roman soldiers from living off the land. Caesar and his chief lieutenant Labienus lost in minor engagements, but when Vercingetorix shut himself up in Alesia and summoned all his Gallic allies to attack the besieging Romans, the true brilliance of Caesar appeared. He defeated the Gallic relieving force and took the fortress. Vercingetorix was captured and, after gracing Caesar's triumphal return to Rome, was put to death.

You scored higher than 75% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 30% on Tactics
You scored higher than 25% on Guts

I've never even heard of this guy before...

~Nicole

Al Czervik
10-28-05, 04:59 PM
Julius Caesar

You scored 53 Wisdom, 92 Tactics, 45 Guts, and 56 Ruthlessness!

You scored higher than 17% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 99% on Tactics
You scored higher than 17% on Guts
You scored higher than 83% on Ruthlessness

High on tactics and ruthlessness: I nominate me to be the point man in any talks with The Idiot Grandson!

Classic Apex
10-28-05, 09:25 PM
King Edward I

You scored 75 Wisdom, 62 Tactics, 60 Guts, and 61 Ruthlessness!

Or rather, King Edward the Longshanks if you've seen Braveheart. You, like Edward, are incredibly smart and shrewd, but you win at any costs.... William Wallace died at his hands after a fierce Scottish rebellion against his reign. Despite his reputation though, Longshanks had the best interests of his people at heart. But God help you if you got on his bad side.

You scored higher than 88% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 32% on Tactics
You scored higher than 70% on Guts
You scored higher than 87% on Ruthlessness

G.
10-28-05, 10:12 PM
Vercingetorix

You scored 70 Wisdom, 58 Tactics, 50 Guts, and 53 Ruthlessness!
Leader of the Gauls, a chieftain of the Arverni. He was the leader of the great revolt against the Romans in 52 BC. Julius Caesar, upon hearing of the trouble, rushed to put it down. Vercingetorix was, however, an able leader and adopted the policy of retreating to heavy, natural fortifications and burning the Gallic towns to keep the Roman soldiers from living off the land. Caesar and his chief lieutenant Labienus lost in minor engagements, but when Vercingetorix shut himself up in Alesia and summoned all his Gallic allies to attack the besieging Romans, the true brilliance of Caesar appeared. He defeated the Gallic relieving force and took the fortress. Vercingetorix was captured and, after gracing Caesar's triumphal return to Rome, was put to death.

You scored higher than 75% on Unorthodox
You scored higher than 30% on Tactics
You scored higher than 25% on Guts

I've never even heard of this guy before...

~Nicole
[sing] I kicked yer ***, I kicked yer ***![\sing]

tanks, Ank.

Michaelhatesfans
10-29-05, 02:23 AM
Caesar. Over 95% tactics. Not even 10% on guts. More brains than balls, I guess. :cool:

EDwardo
10-29-05, 02:36 AM
King Edward I
You scored 68 Wisdom, 81 Tactics, 58 Guts, and 60 Ruthlessness!

jcollins28
10-29-05, 03:29 AM
William Wallace
You scored 75 Wisdom, 77 Tactics, 66 Guts, and 51 Ruthlessness!
Like William Wallace, chances are you have no problem charging a larger, better trained, better equipped, better armed and armored English army with a band of naked drunken Scotsmen. I'm not contesting that you have balls. It's your brain function I'm worried about.

Scottish soldier and national hero. The first historical record of Wallace's activities concerns the burning of Lanark by Wallace and 30 men in May, 1297, and the slaying of the English sheriff, one of those whom Edward I of England had installed in his attempt to make good his claim to overlordship of Scotland. After the burning of Lanark many joined Wallace's forces, and under his leadership a disciplined army was evolved. Wallace marched on Scone and met an English force of more than 50,000 before Stirling Castle in Sept., 1297. The English, trying to cross a narrow bridge over the Forth River, were killed as they crossed, and their army was routed. Wallace crossed the border and laid waste several counties in the North of England. In December he returned to Scotland and for a short time acted as guardian of the realm for the imprisoned king, John de Baliol . In July, 1298, Edward defeated Wallace and his army at Falkirk, and forced him to retreat northward. His prestige lost, Wallace went to France in 1299 to seek the aid of King Philip IV, and he possibly went on to Rome. He is heard of again fighting in Scotland in 1304, but there was a price on his head, and in 1305 he was captured by Sir John de Menteith. He was taken to London in Aug., 1305, declared guilty of treason, and executed. The best-known source for the life of Wallace is a long romantic poem attributed to Blind Harry, written in the 15th century.

Car-B-Q
10-29-05, 02:28 PM
General Electric???

:D

Andrew Longman
10-30-05, 11:25 AM
King Edward I
You scored 74 Wisdom, 62 Tactics, 47 Guts, and 44 Ruthlessness!

Andrew Longman
10-30-05, 11:29 AM
I don't see how Washington gets high marks under tactics, if I remember correctly he basically got beat at every single engagement he commanded. I might be wrong though, I haven't taken American History in a while.

Won the Battle of Trenton and then again at Princeton a few days later. Other than that, no sweeping victories, but those two turned the war in his favor.

Given that his army was smaller, unpaid, underfed, underclothed, and undershod most of the time his hit and run tactics were both brilliant and about all he could do.

Napoleon
10-30-05, 12:15 PM
Won the Battle of Trenton and then again at Princeton a few days later. Other than that, no sweeping victories, but those two turned the war in his favor.

Given that his army was smaller, unpaid, underfed, underclothed, and undershod most of the time his hit and run tactics were both brilliant and about all he could do.

Beat me to it Andrew. He didn't need to "beat" the British, just out last them and avoid a catastrophic loss. In fact it took getting his butt kicked in NYC to figure out that is how he had to run the war.

Andrew Longman
10-30-05, 09:15 PM
Beat me to it Andrew. He didn't need to "beat" the British, just out last them and avoid a catastrophic loss. In fact it took getting his butt kicked in NYC to figure out that is how he had to run the war.

Not bad being from Cleveland. ;) Around here there are signs all over the place about Washington drank water here or peed there.

My favorite was on the t-shirt on a particularly heavily front loaded girl I went to HS with. Stretched across the front it read, "George Washington Slept Here". :D

Guess you gotta be from Jersey.

IlliniRacer
10-31-05, 12:28 AM
I got a rock!

JLMannin
11-01-05, 12:58 AM
King Edward I
You scored 62 Wisdom, 69 Tactics, 50 Guts, and 53 Ruthlessness!

You scored higher than 45% on Unorthodox

You scored higher than 44% on Tactics

You scored higher than 33% on Guts