PDA

View Full Version : Bourdais still eyes Formula 1

EDwardo
10-27-05, 09:50 PM
According to F1Racing.net!

"Back to back Champ Car champion Sebastien Bourdais says he intends to 'start a relationship' with Renault in 2006. Although the Frenchman will stay in America with Newman-Haas next year, he indicated that - built into the contract - will be a provision so he can occasionally test the F1 cars. "Then I want to start in 2007," Bourdais, 26, revealed."
"He said he had targeted Renault, even if the French manufacturer seems happy to steer away from French drivers at the pinnacle of racing. "It's got markets all over the world," Sebastien acknowledged, "so they probably have interest to have non-French drivers." He explained that no real contact had been made with the team.

In fact, the spectacle-wearing Frenchman is believed to not get along with team boss Flavio Briatore and may even have once turned down an offer to be managed by his company.

Bourdais added: "In 2007 obviously it will probably be my last chance to make it to F1. I'd very much like to make the jump.""

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=102212

So, is SB just dreaming here?

racer2c
10-27-05, 09:53 PM
well, he's won two Champ Car titles, if a third doesn't get him a seat I don't know what will. :shakehead

Dirty Sanchez
10-28-05, 12:31 AM
put it this way... I'm eyeing Formula 1 too.

Michaelhatesfans
10-29-05, 11:20 PM
That's weird. I had a dream last night that this was a really fun thread. What a let down. :thumdown:

Opposite Lock
10-30-05, 12:01 AM
:thumdown: :thumdown:

might explain why we have a thread like this:
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9041

:shakehead

jcollins28
10-31-05, 06:45 PM
Well if all else fails maybe he will be good enough to be a test driver????? :gomer:

NismoZ
11-01-05, 10:03 AM
...or go to NASCAR! Mark Martin said "If someone doesn't get Sebastien Bourdais into NASCAR they should have their head examined!" Bourdais didn't deny any possibility saying he has a contract 'til the end of '06, then...? Wheldon to F-1, Bourdais to NASCAB, what's next? (Think of some GOOD ones!) :)

Methanolandbrats
11-01-05, 10:37 AM
...Wheldon to F-1, Bourdais to NASCAB, what's next? (Think of some GOOD ones!) :) Danicle to Hustler.

mapguy
11-01-05, 10:53 AM
(Think of some GOOD ones!) :)

Wheldon to Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ?