PDA

View Full Version : tg pitches san antonio StrRReT race

CART T. Katz
10-27-05, 08:05 PM
i thought this was an all oval leauge? (http://www.ksat.com/sports/5190593/detail.html) :shakehead :rolleyes:

Cam
10-27-05, 08:35 PM
The Gomerati are really starting to divide on this! Some are eating their young and others are lauding this as the second comming of Anton. Stoopid Gomers are amazing! :rolleyes:

rabbit
10-27-05, 08:38 PM
The group Holly Hills Investors is considering purchasing a large amount of land near the SBC Center that would house the complex, the spokesman said.

The sports complex would be built with private money and no public funding would be involved.

Officials hope the complex would lure a professional football and baseball team to the Alamo City.

"I've been in a lot of cities in my executive positions, especially in racing, and I have yet to see anyone equal the hospitality this city has," said Joe Heitzler :saywhat: , of Holly Hills Investors.

racer2c
10-27-05, 08:44 PM
I finally lost my socks!

Rocketdoc
10-27-05, 08:58 PM
"...said Joe Heitzler , of Holly Hills Investors."

BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hey, this is better than comedy during sex.

extramundane
10-27-05, 09:07 PM
What, Andy Evans was busy?

coolhand
10-27-05, 09:12 PM
I am sure Tony and Joe will build a strong event :gomer:

I think champ Cargot the better of this trade

Methanolandbrats
10-27-05, 09:25 PM
Gran Prix Racing returning? Most journalists are retards. Ya, IMSA GTP and the IRL, same f'n thing. :mad:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-27-05, 10:26 PM
This is too much :laugh:

TorontoWorker
10-27-05, 11:14 PM
What, Andy Evans was busy?

EEK!! :eek:

Ankf00
10-27-05, 11:27 PM
SA will never get an NFL team if they don't keep the saints. Alamodome's an ugly dump.

SA/Austin would never be a viable baseball market, Houston's "small-market" and it's the 4th largest city in the US...

SteveH
10-28-05, 01:26 AM
Looks like Joe's boss has a record and they had earlier tried to get A1GP in San Antonio.

Some people never learn. :gomer: :laugh:

nrc
10-28-05, 02:00 AM
Wasn't Joe working for Forsythe in Mexico for a while?

SteveH
10-28-05, 09:22 AM
Wasn't Joe working for Forsythe in Mexico for a while?

Joe was president of Grand, the promotor of both CC races in Mexico. I assume he has left that position.

KLang
10-28-05, 09:36 AM
This is real popular at gomerville. :laugh:

I take this as a direct assault on the upcoming Champ Car race in Houston. :mad: And some around here think we should somehow cooperate with TG and the earl? Unfreakingbelievable. :shakehead

Don Quixote
10-28-05, 09:42 AM
Foreign road racers, check
Engine leases, check
Japanese Manufacturers, check
PenskeRahalGanassiFernandez, check
Street races, check
Joe Heitzler, check

:laugh:

Ankf00
10-28-05, 10:13 AM
I take this as a direct assault on the upcoming Champ Car race in Houston. :mad:

yea, but just imagine, that photo of a crapwagon arcing through the sky over the Alamo and plunging into the San Antonio River will be print worthy. :eek: Tim Duncan ain't got nothin' on this.

NismoZ
10-28-05, 11:17 AM
I applaud their original thinking! :rofl:

Andrew Longman
10-28-05, 01:01 PM
San Antonio is the 37th biggest market in the US, they already have a race in Texas, and still only have two races west of the Rockies (and one of those is in Japan).

They have races in 3 of the top ten markets and maybe 6 of the top 20, depending on if you consider Richmond part of DC (not really) or MIS part of Detroit (a stretch).

So how is a street race in SA helping them strategically? Clearly, the IRL is still not doing its own thinking. Heitzler and some guys in San Antonio want to do something for their town and dreamed this up. If the IRL is looking to add to the cost of adding races they would do better to look at where they can get the greatest return (especially if they are willing to race on the streets, not just where there are tracks).

Sean O'Gorman
10-28-05, 01:07 PM
Maybe it can be a double billing with A1GP. :gomer:

Winston Wolfe
10-28-05, 01:43 PM
Engine leases, check
Street races, check
Joe Heitzler, check

All they need to do is come up with a nifty 4 letter acronym and then, presto change-o, the amazing transformation will be complete....
holy flying crapwagons, Batman :eek:

dando
10-28-05, 02:49 PM
Definitely proof that the truth is stranger than fiction. You just can't make this stuff up. :laugh: :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

rabbit
10-28-05, 03:28 PM
All they need to do is come up with a nifty 4 letter acronym and then, presto change-o, the amazing transformation will be complete....
holy flying crapwagons, Batman :eek:Crapwagon Acrobatics Refinanced by Tokyo?

TKGAngel
10-28-05, 03:58 PM
Crapwagon Acrobatics Refinanced by Tokyo?

Or, Crappy Auto Racing Teams? ;)

Or, Childish Arrogant Replusive Twits after the series leadership?

Gnam
10-28-05, 04:24 PM
Or, Crappy Auto Racing Teams? ;)

Or, Childish Arrogant Replusive Twits after the series leadership?
Their super strategy is to copy things slightly different and badly. So instead of CART, maybe Championship Auto Racing League (CARL), or Championship League of Indy Teams.

Rob
10-28-05, 04:49 PM
Championship League of Indy Teams.
This would be the logical choice. Judging by the low IRL TV ratings and lousy attendance, lots of guys seem to be having a hard time finding it.

Don Quixote
10-28-05, 04:56 PM
Championship League of Indy Teams.
This one gets my vote.

fourrunner
10-28-05, 05:53 PM
Evidently Heitzler's Partner in "Hooly Hocks" is a convicted felon ... Mail Fraud regarding a Failed Mortgage Company ... served 31 months ....
I Know .... "ONE little mistake" ! ;)

per AutoRacing 1.com

Andrew Longman
10-28-05, 06:09 PM
Evidently Heitzler's Partner in "Hooly Hocks" is a convicted felon ... Mail Fraud regarding a Failed Mortgage Company ... served 31 months ....
I Know .... "ONE little mistake" ! ;)

per AutoRacing 1.com

Fit right in with Larry Curry. Honor among thieves and all that.

fourrunner
10-28-05, 06:26 PM
Fit right in with Larry Curry. Honor among thieves and all that.

Yup ... Kinda Mirror's Tony's "Character" also, and lack of same .... " Bottom Feeders" Unite !!!

Steve99
10-28-05, 06:39 PM
Mail Fraud regarding a Failed Mortgage Company ...
Sounds like Argent?

Steve99
10-28-05, 06:39 PM
Engine leases, check
Street races, check
Joe Heitzler, check

Anyone heard anything about Andrew Craig lately? Shouldn't they be going public soon?

oddlycalm
10-29-05, 05:31 PM
As dando posted, you just can't make this stuff up, and if you did nobody would believe you. :laugh: :shakehead

oc

Anteater
10-29-05, 08:07 PM
Hang on to your Holly Hills! :gomer:

Napoleon
10-30-05, 05:33 AM
This is too freaking funny!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ChrisB
10-30-05, 10:28 AM
I just don't get it anymore... the IRL is doing NOTHING which helps the short-track drivers in it's own backyard... and let's face it... the road-racing formula car culture and the IRL still don't take each other very seriously.

Neither fish nor fowl.

pchall
10-30-05, 12:44 PM
Neither fish nor fowl.

But fishy and foul.

racer2c
10-30-05, 02:29 PM
But fishy and foul.

Touche! :thumbup: :D