PDA

View Full Version : Glock Wants Major Seat in '06.

racer2c
10-27-05, 03:52 PM
Which would you say are Champ Car’s top teams? “Newman/Haas, Forsythe, PKV and RuSPORT. It’s not that Rocketsports isn’t a top team, but those four operations found something on the car that allowed them to take big steps in comparison to last year. On most tracks, those teams were at least one second quicker than they were in 2004.”

Poor Rocketsports. :(

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/20423/)

KLang
10-27-05, 04:03 PM
If one of those teams is what it takes to keep DHL around, I suspect we'll see another car added.

NismoZ
10-27-05, 04:17 PM
So, is DHL contracted with Glock or Rocketsports? Seems to me if Glock has the sponsorship he COULD go to Forsythe or N/H, both of whom are saying they'd do a 3rd car IF they had the sponsorship. Not only that but Glock deserves one of the top rides after doing what he did this season. I guess we'll see how he "tests" against the rest of the guys trying to get in at PKV, but that might not be the only place with room for him (and DHL). Go, I mean STAY, Timo!

Wabbit
10-27-05, 04:42 PM
Didn't PKV say about a year ago that they don't want ride buyers since they had secure sponsorship?

NismoZ
10-27-05, 05:12 PM
Nope, no conflict here...If Glock can outperform the competition AND bring sponsorship to a team that's hardly "ride-buying." It's just a bonus. Doesn't seem to happen very often, does it?

Steve99
10-27-05, 06:33 PM
The only opening I see is at PKV. If NH goes to three cars they already have CdM and Servia lining up for the seat. I haven't heard anything for Forsythe about adding a third car. And RuSport already has their two drivers.

Rogue Leader
10-27-05, 11:00 PM
DHL is Glock's not Rocketsports. Any of those teams (even NH) would be wise to pick him up... He has the cash and talent to back himself up.

Fio1
10-28-05, 02:28 AM
Glock has been sponsored by DHL for some time. That is why you saw DHL on the Jordan last season. I think Glock's deal is DHL Europe, while the Penske deal is DHL USA, not sure, but that's what I think. That deal was supposed to be on the Playa Del Rey IRL car. Whatever, it does seem that even the number 1 driver isn't too keen to stay with Rocketsport. :laugh:

I'm sure Gentilozzi won't mind losing Glock, he has McDowell & Finlay now. :p

NismoZ
10-28-05, 10:42 AM
I assume he'd like to get back to F-1 but here's hoping he stays in ChampCar!

Fio1
10-28-05, 06:01 PM
There are no seats open in F1. Maybe a Midland deal, but there are enough guys paying major money for that one! Pastorelli paid more to be the third driver then what Newman-Haas would ask to run a third car. :rolleyes:

I hope he lands in a major team. Too bad the Rocketsport team was such a bomb. :thumdown: