PDA

View Full Version : Chip's plan for next year

G.
10-26-05, 01:51 PM
GANNASSI’S PLANS

Chip Ganassi isn't looking to run the full Champ Car schedule in 2006, but he wouldn't mind taking his drivers and sponsor Target to Long Beach and Toronto. And he'd like to see Kevin Kalkhoven, Gerry Forsythe and Carl Russo come run the Indianapolis 500 and maybe St. Petersburg.

He'd also like to see a little mini championship between the heavyweights of the Indy Racing League and Champ Car with a little financial incentive.

And, since the cars and engines of both series aren't compatible, Ganassi has come up with a ride-sharing plan to make it work and shared it with SPEEDTV.com.

"Let's take three teams from each series and four races for the sake of argument," he said Wednesday morning from his office in Pittsburgh. "My team would take two spare cars and prepare them for Kalkhoven for Indy and his team would do the same for me at Long Beach.

"Forsythe would do the same for Bobby Rahal and Haas would provide cars for Roger Penske and vice versa. Then everybody throws in $500,000 and you run for it in a little mini championship."

Ganassi's team captured four consecutive CART championships from 1996-99 before he joined the exodus to IRL in 2003, where Scott Dixon won the title for him. But, with the departure of General Motors and Toyota from Tony George's series, he's concerned about open wheel racing's future so he's been talking to everyone on both sides about his idea.

"Right now this thing needs help, both series are on the gurney, and added together they don't equal the Busch series," said Ganassi, who intends to expand his Nextel Cup effort to four cars next year.

"I've talked with Kalkhoven, Forsythe, Russo, Rahal, Roger (Penske) and Mario (Andretti) about this and I think it's a good idea and a great first step towards getting this thing back where it needs to be."

Forsythe likes the concept, to a point.

"I haven't talked with Kevin about it yet because he's not back from Australia but I don't know where else we'd want to be other than Indianapolis," said the co-owner of Champ Car, Cosworth and Long Beach who also fields the two-car team of Paul Tracy and Mario Dominguez in Champ Car.

"I'd like to go back to Indianapolis and I can see why Chip would like to be at Long Beach and in Canada. I told him we'd welcome him back to Champ Car full-time but he's wanting everyone to get back together.

"I told him he's preaching to the choir on that subject but we all know the problem there."

Kalkhoven said last week at Australia that Ganassi's idea was something to consider but "I don't think any of our drivers want to go run those IRL cars on ovals after what happened to Bruno (Junqueira, injured last May and knocked out for the rest of 2005)."

The obvious obstacle for this happening in '06 is that Champ Car runs May 13 (Houston) and May 21 (Monterrey, Mexico) and that leaves only one day (May 14) for Indy 500 qualifying.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/champcar/auto/20403/

Can't work with the Idiot Grandson, work around him! Only way an unification would work, is if EVERYBODY banded together and made the Track Owner irrelevant.

Methanolandbrats
10-26-05, 01:57 PM
Looks like really big rats are about to jump over the side too :thumbup:

rabbit
10-26-05, 02:02 PM
Kalkhoven said last week at Australia that Ganassi's idea was something to consider but "I don't think any of our drivers want to go run those IRL cars on ovals after what happened to Bruno (Junqueira, injured last May and knocked out for the rest of 2005)." Finally, some common sense... and someone calling a spade a spade. :thumbup:

rosawendel
10-26-05, 02:04 PM
it's a good deal for cheap. if i cracked as many tubs as he did last year, i'd like for someone else to make a few for me, too.

i don't think any cars prepared by team "b" for team "a"'s use would be configured for "the call", however...

nrc
10-26-05, 02:09 PM
What about Vision? Who are they going to partner with? :)

Owners conspiring among themselves. That's gotta make the Idiot Grandson's day.

Ankf00
10-26-05, 02:11 PM
do any of our drivers even WANT to ride in their deathtraps? :shakehead

Steve99
10-26-05, 02:12 PM
Can't work with the Idiot Grandson, work around him! Only way an unification would work, is if EVERYBODY banded together and made the Track Owner irrelevant.
If a rumor of an Indy boycot started, the paranoid trackowner may do something stupid...

Okay, something else stupid.

coolhand
10-26-05, 02:12 PM
I dont think Haas would want to run Penske perpared equipment. would you? You think Rodger wold give you an equal car?

Methanolandbrats
10-26-05, 02:22 PM
You think Rodger wold give you an equal car? Sure all the parts except the motor would be identical.

Gnam
10-26-05, 02:23 PM
I dont think Haas would want to give Penske N/H's setups for Long Beach or Toronto. This is only good for the IRL teams who have promised sponsors Long Beach and Toronto and now can't deliver. Let 'em twist in the wind.

KLang
10-26-05, 02:28 PM
IMO Screw this. Screw unification. Screw Indy and TG. If Champ Car can't get over Indy, these last two years have just been a complete waste of time. :mad:

If Chip wants to run in Long Beach and Toronto all he has to do is buy the equipment and show up.

trauma1
10-26-05, 02:30 PM
Right now this thing needs help, both series are on the gurney, and added together they don't equal the Busch series," said Ganassi, who intends to expand his Nextel Cup effort to four cars next year.

"I've talked with Kalkhoven, Forsythe, Russo, Rahal, Roger (Penske) and Mario (Andretti) about this and I think it's a good idea and a great first step
towards getting this thing back where it needs

the revolt against FTG has started they have had it with FTG, EARL is in big trouble and it starts with the engine problem, if they do this honda is gone

coolhand
10-26-05, 02:35 PM
sounds like ploy for those teams to get back up to speed if they switch back to champ car

devilmaster
10-26-05, 02:35 PM
If anyone with credibility came up with this idea, I'd maybe think about it.

Since Chip did, forget it.

racer2c
10-26-05, 02:52 PM
The Grandson is too busy setting up his Grand Am team to notice.

Don Quixote
10-26-05, 03:08 PM
I've talked with Kalkhoven, Forsythe, Russo, Rahal, Roger (Penske) and Mario (Andretti) about this and I think it's a good idea and a great first step towards getting this thing back where it needs to be."
Rahal = :thumdown:

I told him he's preaching to the choir on that subject but we all know the problem there.
:laugh:

Andrew Longman
10-26-05, 03:14 PM
As Kevin said, only Indy adds anything to the CCWS schedule and they don't need it.

And as Kevin said, "We know the problem there".

I see no reason to do this. Why buy, lease, rent or borrow a car to help out TGs car count when he's trying to put you out of business? )Though I can see why Chip is interested.)

Why create a "mini championship" that diminishes the CCWS championship as much as it does the IRL championship? What about the other CC teams? Who's going to prepare their cars? Is RuSport and the other suddenly irrelevant?

Go back to Indy when TG asks nicely and you can run your usual equipment.

trauma1
10-26-05, 03:18 PM
here's what Mario said today, not good things waiting for earl and FTG

NEWS: What are your views on open-wheel racing today? Do you think the split between the IRL and Champ Car is ever going to be fixed? Or should it be?

ANDRETTI: I definitely think it should be fixed. I personally tried to get the parties together, working for about three months this year. We were working sort of under the radar screen, and I thought we were getting things done. Then all of a sudden the thing just got derailed.

It's just such a shame because I don't think either side can totally prosper the way they deserve to because open-wheel is a discipline and it should be united. It's open-wheel and it's NASCAR, and on and on and on. Champ Car racing can't really go parallel ways and feel that there is enough sponsorship or enough fans, even.

The bottom line is that everybody agrees that that's the way it should go, except Tony George. He's the only one who doesn't want to create any kind of partnership. So there you have it, and it's a shame - it's a shame because I love this sport so much. Each side is hoping that the other's going to go away, and it's not going to happen.

Discuss.

http://www.hutchnews.com/sports/sto...tiqa102605.html

extramundane
10-26-05, 03:36 PM
What about Vision? Who are they going to partner with? :)

Jensen :gomer:

trauma1
10-26-05, 04:03 PM
:rofl:
Jensen :gomer:

well that's 1 race , what about the rest :rofl:

Andrew Longman
10-26-05, 04:56 PM
I just realized that Chip did not say he talked to AGR. Could that be for the same reason he didn't talk to Tony? :laugh:

Seriously, I don't see this as helping. It may help the specific teams to sell a bit more attractive sponsor package with more dates (and Indy), but strategically it accomplishes nothing and prolongs TG viability.

Chip has got to realize that if he hadn't taken his team to Indy to start the cross over last time, many argue the IRL would have been gone by now

Insomniac
10-26-05, 05:12 PM
Not going to happen. As they said, all they have is Indy. It's nice of Chip to offer a street course to Champ Car teams though. I hope the 3 amigos hold steady. Let's get through 2007 as is and see how things look then. Stay the course. What you have is working.

Al Czervik
10-26-05, 05:15 PM
Two comments:

From a strategic standpoint, I don't think next year is the year you want to add 6 - 8 fully funded cars to the I-5 lineup.

If Chip is suggesting it, the first 3 people it benefits are Chip, Chip, and Chip.

mueber
10-26-05, 05:25 PM
To me Chip’s “concept” sounds like the product of desperation, the Missouri Compromise of the Open Wheel Civil War, and it suffers from the, "Gomerville as the Center of the Universe" shortcoming that is the root of the problem.

Make Champ Car a series people want to see, and Chip will be back in the series acting like he never left.

JLMannin
10-26-05, 06:03 PM
sounds like ploy for those teams to get back up to speed if they switch back to champ car

Sounds to me like a plan to replace lost Yen with TonyBucks to me.

Don Quixote
10-26-05, 06:21 PM
Sounds to me like a plan to replace lost Yen with TonyBucks to me.
You might be onto something here.

CARTNUT
10-26-05, 06:23 PM
Those involved would be better off leaving TG out of it and just build a new
2 1/2 mile rectanguloval next to that University in South Bend, IN and call the race the ND 500! What could the idiot grandson do?

You could do it in North Dakota as well!

(that's my 2¢)

'NUT :gomer:

jonovision_man
10-26-05, 07:08 PM
Kalkhoven, Forsythe, Russo, Rahal, Roger (Penske) and Mario (Andretti)

Sweet.

The idea has a lot of merit. I'd love to see another 6-8 cars at LB and Toronto! :eek:

And it'd be nice if the 33 at Indy weren't sub-standard grid-filler like they've been in recent years.

jono

L1P1
10-26-05, 08:22 PM
I'm on board with this. For Chip's four races, I propose Cleveland and Long Beach from the Champ Car side, and Fontana and Road America from the IRL.

Oh, okay. Michigan and Motegi from the IRL.

racer2c
10-26-05, 08:32 PM
Chip can only come back if he hires Joe Montana to sit in his pit box again. No, make that Paris Hilton. :)

Rocketdoc
10-26-05, 08:34 PM
When rats see/sense a ship sinking, they have this sixth sense on how fast to get off.

Cheep is the biggest whore (or rat) in racing.

And the rest of the rats are not much better.

Screw them, I say, screw them.

nrc
10-26-05, 09:50 PM
Champ car has a pretty busy schedule next May. They shouldn't do anything to encourage people to run the Indy 500. Teams that are championship contenders don't need to risk their driver in a crapwagon just to vie with Danica for camera time. Teams that aren't championship contenders need to focus on becoming championship contenders.

DjDrOmusic
10-26-05, 09:51 PM
If I must remind everyone what Jimmy Vasser once said, "There is no I in team but there is in Chip!" This is all about Chip giving Target the races he promised they would be at this year and nothing more.

racer2c
10-26-05, 09:59 PM
If I must remind everyone what Jimmy Vasser once said, "There is no I in team but there is in Chip!" This is all about Chip giving Target the races he promised they would be at this year and nothing more.

yep. :thumbup:

Gary
10-26-05, 10:07 PM
No no no no no no no... Let them bring their cars to Long Beach & Toronto, we'll bring our cars to St.Pete & Indy. What could they possibly not like about that?

Jervis Tetch 1
10-26-05, 10:20 PM
It's all about Chip. If it's beneficial for Chip, then it's for Chip.

NismoZ
10-26-05, 10:56 PM
Gary makes by far the most sense. Way ta go, rook! :thumbup:

dando
10-26-05, 11:08 PM
Cheap grasping @ straws. :thumdown: :mad:

Walk away from the Indy, folks. :shakehead

-Kevin

Gary
10-27-05, 12:11 AM
Gary makes by far the most sense. Way ta go, rook! :thumbup:
Thanks. I would give anything to see both IRL & CC cars race together on the same track. Any track. What a hoot that would be.

Fio1
10-27-05, 12:31 AM
Sounds like a plan, but like KK said, why risk ending up like Junquiera or Briscoe? Besides, running Indy is a lot more then Long Beach. So, make it even. Have cars ready for 4 IRL guys at Long Beach, while the IRL have 4 cars ready for Cart guys at St.Pete. Then Road America & Sears Point. Wheldon, Kanaan, Dixon & Castroneves vs Bourdais, Tracy, AJ & RHR. :cool:

GOFAST1
10-27-05, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=Rocketdoc]When rats see/sense a ship sinking, they have this sixth sense on how fast to get off.

Cheep is the biggest whore (or rat) in racing.

And the rest of the rats are not much better.

Screw them, I say, screw them.[/QUOTE

AGREE 100%.This would be a stupid idea.Ftg and irl garbage.We are doing fine.

trauma1
10-27-05, 07:56 AM
2 1/2 mile rectanguloval next to that University in South Bend, IN and call the race the ND 500! What could the idiot grandson do?

(that's my 2¢)

we would shot the a hole in ND unlike indy

JLMannin
10-27-05, 11:46 AM

(that's my 2¢)

Remember the wild, wild success of Ontario Motor Speedway?

I welcome the IRL teams running one-offs at Champcar races - I thing that is a great thing. But stay the hell away from Indy. I want, more than anything, to see an irl 500 with less than 33 cars, or better yet, IPS or silver crown cars as field fillers. It is what that bastard deserves for his race for ruining it for me with the tantrum.

Indyitis - get over it.

2DB
10-27-05, 12:20 PM
Boss

: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,785 Champ car has a pretty busy schedule next May. They shouldn't do anything to encourage people to run the Indy 500. Teams that are championship contenders don't need to risk their driver in a crapwagon just to vie with Danica for camera time. Teams that aren't championship contenders need to focus on becoming championship contenders.

Precisely!!!!

Also if they feel compelled, by sponsors, to run at Long Beach: Come on down! I just don't see the need for CCWS teams to insure a full 33 in May!

Wish I knew how to use those frown/mad/winkwink faces

Kelvis

jonovision_man
10-27-05, 12:26 PM
C'mon folks, the 500 is an institution, and while the IRL hasn't done it justice in recent years, no other US OW race gets even close to the same ratings or the attendance.

It's worth being there to the sponsors, and for CCWS it's worth showcasing their drivers and teams in front of so many eyeballs.

When CART went over there and spanked the IRL field to take the top 5 (or was it 6?) positions, that was better advertising for the series than staying at home.

jono

KLang
10-27-05, 12:32 PM
When CART went over there and spanked the IRL field to take the top 5 (or was it 6?) positions, that was better advertising for the series than staying at home.

Seems to me, that was the beginning of the end for CART.

As JLMannin stated: Indyitis - get over it.

Having Indy hasn't done anything for the earl and it won't do anything for Champ Car. IMO Champ Car needs to stay the course and build up the series, not worry about a race in a somebody elses series.

SteveH
10-27-05, 12:33 PM
Chip sees the handwriting on the wall. Without CC's participation at Indy, there will be a very short field. Once that happens, sponsors will begin to question (if they aren't already)their involvement in the IRL and Indy. Then Chip loses Target. Chip's doing this to protect his ample backside.

I really think CC should implement some sort of 25/8, for 'inclusion purposes' only. Not to keep anyone from participation but to encourage a full season's commitment to the series rather than just cherry pick a few events. ;)

Skater_36
10-27-05, 12:36 PM

Sounds about right. This latest suggestion by an IRL team owner with questionable ethics is just as self serving as Robert Clarke's proposal a couple of weeks ago. Not happening.

jonovision_man
10-27-05, 12:37 PM
Having Indy hasn't done anything for the earl and it won't do anything for Champ Car.

Hasn't done anything for the IRL? That's completely ridiculous, it's the only reason the IRL exists!

US OW is completely lacking in buzz and interest at the moment, and swapping drivers and teams for a few key races would be compelling.

jono

KLang
10-27-05, 12:42 PM
Hasn't done anything for the IRL? That's completely ridiculous, it's the only reason the IRL exists!

Exactly right. I am more interested in a healthy series, not one increasingly irrelevent race.

skaven
10-27-05, 12:47 PM
US OW is completely lacking in buzz and interest at the moment, and swapping drivers and teams for a few key races would be compelling.

jono

Any time, money and effort spent by Champ Car teams to prop up the Indy is a waste of time, money and effort and simply aids an enemy that is trying to put you out of business.

Let TG and Honda waste their time and money to fill the field.

Screw TG, Chip and Honda. :flame:

Just talked a buddy of mine out of buying a S2000. Take that Honda.

chop456
10-27-05, 01:23 PM
My plan for Chip involves a roll of duct tape and a staple gun.

Eff off, loser. We don't need what you have. You're the one who chose to throw your drivers into the grater, now deal with it.

racer2c
10-27-05, 01:36 PM

jono

But, but, but what about Danica!?!?

jonovision_man
10-27-05, 01:43 PM
But, but, but what about Danica!?!?

Hey, Chip mentionned Rahal as being part of this... Danica to CCWS! :D

jono

trauma1
10-27-05, 01:47 PM
oh f no, let mortician play somewhere else :shakehead

KLang
10-27-05, 01:52 PM
After Rahal's stunt in 2004, I have a hard time believing he would be welcome back under any circumstances.

Chief
10-27-05, 03:55 PM
Here's an idea:

Both SERIES agree to do race swap. We offer two races on our schedule that they can race their series on, and we select 2 from theirs. So, let's say IRL selects Long Beach and Toronto. Ok, then they can run on Saturday the day before our LBGP (or Toronto) or after the race Sunday.

CCWS selects Indy and Watkins Glen...we race on Saturday or after their race on Sunday. This is really NO different that running with any other series on any given Sunday (and allows us time sterilize the track after they use it). No one has to "partner", everybody get's their own cars on track separately and ushers in new era of partnership. At Indy we show up on Thursday for practice, Friday for Qualis and Saturday for race. We charge same old $5 to $20 for "off" days at the speedway for our race day. Fans happy, series happy, even FTG happy. (And, without all the cross-polinating that fatassi is wanting here)

Tell me why it can't work?

jonovision_man
10-27-05, 03:57 PM
Here's an idea:

Both SERIES agree to do race swap. We offer two races on our schedule that they can race their series on, and we select 2 from theirs. So, let's say IRL selects Long Beach and Toronto. Ok, then they can run on Saturday the day before our LBGP (or Toronto) or after the race Sunday.

CCWS selects Indy and Watkins Glen...we race on Saturday or after their race on Sunday. This is really NO different that running with any other series on any given Sunday (and allows us time sterilize the track after they use it). No one has to "partner", everybody get's their own cars on track separately and ushers in new era of partnership. At Indy we show up on Thursday for practice, Friday for Qualis and Saturday for race. We charge same old $5 to $20 for "off" days at the speedway for our race day. Fans happy, series happy, even FTG happy.

Sounds like a very cool idea.

It could work, if the two organizations could get along. :) But I'd imagine CCWS teams would rather run as part of the Indy 500 rather than as a support race.

jono

G.
10-27-05, 04:04 PM
Tell me why it can't work?fans fighting in the infield? :p

Chief
10-27-05, 04:04 PM
It could work, if the two organizations could get along. :) But I'd imagine CCWS teams would rather run as part of the Indy 500 rather than as a support race

Well, any person of reasonable intellegence knows that CCWS at Indy means "real deal". We don't need no stinking "500" to prove it either. This is why FTG would never do it. They would be embarassed out of it's own event. It also sheds light on the sham deal that Ganassi grifting here..... true partnerships need FTG to work w/ CCWS directly not in underhanded like ways that Ganassi is proposing.

Wabbit
10-27-05, 04:44 PM
Who really cares if Chip is buying a ride or DelMonte is buying a ride. It's still ride buying.

Gangrel
10-27-05, 05:20 PM
Counteroffer:

CCWS guys run their own equipment, the earl guys run their own equipment, and it's a team sport...CCWS vs. IRL...for PINKS! :D

Steal their equipment, shut their doors. I am sure those crapwagons could have some kind of scrap value...

Insomniac
10-27-05, 05:48 PM
Here's an idea:

CCWS selects Indy and Watkins Glen...we race on Saturday or after their race on Sunday. This is really NO different that running with any other series on any given Sunday (and allows us time sterilize the track after they use it). No one has to "partner", everybody get's their own cars on track separately and ushers in new era of partnership. At Indy we show up on Thursday for practice, Friday for Qualis and Saturday for race. We charge same old $5 to $20 for "off" days at the speedway for our race day. Fans happy, series happy, even FTG happy. (And, without all the cross-polinating that fatassi is wanting here)

The same reason nothing cooperative works. TG.

Methanolandbrats
10-27-05, 06:23 PM
Lets compare and contrast.

Champcar is growing and led by intelligent businessmen. The IRL is collapsing and led by a moron.

Champcar has fans. The IRL has no fans

Champcars are cool. IRL cars suck.

So what the hell does Champcar have to gain by having anything to do with the IRL?

High Sided
10-27-05, 07:48 PM
chip should plan a trip to his dentist :gomer:

Rocketdoc
10-27-05, 08:41 PM
C'mon folks, the 500 is an institution, and while the IRL hasn't done it justice in recent years, no other US OW race gets even close to the same ratings or the attendance.

It's worth being there to the sponsors, and for CCWS it's worth showcasing their drivers and teams in front of so many eyeballs.

jono

Yes, the Indy 500 used to be an institution, but now it's being run like one.

I went to the inaugural US 500, and every available seat was taken (there were more if they opened up the NASCAR section, but why they didn't, I don't know), and no matter what any Lemming would say, it was a far better race than the IRL 500 that day, and frankly, everyone since, except the one that Tracy won and the Idiot Grandson gave to Penske.

If someone had the spheres to hold it the next year, with proper, effective PR, with the separation from the HURL 500 © (Indianapolis Uncertainty Racing League) as its core theme, perhaps Tony George would be working as a sanitation handling engineer someplace, or a purveyor of thin, deep fried potato products.

Other than the one "dog and pony show" with Danical this year, the HURL has very little going for itself right now. That's why the rodent Ganassi is poking around looking for a way out.

Other than this past event, the ratings for the HURL 500 has been doing a free fall.
With a suitable female in Champ Car, their "one trick", side show advantage goes away.

When the massive rodent went over "there", and Montoya gave them all a spanking, and a lesson as to what a real driver is, along with a unsolicited judgment on the relative talent of his grandmother's ability to drive a “HURL Spinalseparationwagon”©, as compares to those "posers" at the "big event", I don't remember, other than those who frequent Champ Car fori, taking any account of it.

The New York Times, The Washington Post or the LA Times completely missed it because they didn't see "NASCAR" in the raw feed from the journalites at the "event".

No, the HURL 500 is not enough to help Champ Car, or to save the HURL.

It's an institution that has seen its better days, and has suffered irreparable damage by a former (not sure of that) cokehead, who has demonstrated that continuous use of mind altering drugs, alter minds.

‘Mr. Mutters’ © must not be involved in anything other than ownership of the IMS. Nothing else should be acceptable.

emjaya
10-27-05, 09:32 PM
Just talked a buddy of mine out of buying a S2000. Take that Honda.

:rofl: :thumbup:

Winston Wolfe
10-28-05, 11:46 AM

Champcar is growing and led by intelligent businessmen. The IRL is collapsing and led by a moron.

So what the hell does Champcar have to gain by having anything to do with the IRL?

I'm with M&B on this one....

What do we gain by letting them come over and share in our best races ???

What do we gain by going over for a couple of their events ???

All is does is further "muddy the waters" to the casual fan about what is going on in OW in North America.... They all look like "Indy" cars, but ours are faster, better looking, sound better, and *generally* dont put a guy in the hospital every time they crash...

Chip is out for himself, and its self preservation mode. Imagine the talk with Target sponsors... "yeah, I'll get you LB and a race in Canada.... I just need another 10 million, cuz I trashed 18 tubs last year, and I'll need a few for the CC races as well".... There is no win-win here, folks.

The only thing THEY have left is the EARL500.... There is probably NO MAJOR network that will put on another OW race in North America on the same day. NECKCAR is on in the late afternoon, and the .irl500 is still, unbelieveably, a Memorial Day tradition. There is no buildup, there is no continuation of hype afterwards. Danica saved them this year. What'll be next year ?

Stay away from Chip, Rog', Rahole, and FAF in any sort of sharing deal.... they all seperately as well as together, tried to deliver the death blow to CART \ CCWS at various time. Oh yeah, and FMA-the lesser as well.... If they want to buy chassis and come race with us, great,..... dont help them, and let the best teams win...

Andrew Longman
10-28-05, 12:47 PM
If Chip thinks this is such a good idea then he should like this almost as much. Have Penske, Chip, Rahal and Fernandez buy a couple Lola's and share them. Two get to run LB and two get to run TO. That helps their expenses.

No don't help them. They have nothing CC needs help with.

DjDrOmusic
10-28-05, 01:09 PM

Tony George, Wilkie and IndyCool come to mind!!! ;)

Rocketdoc
10-29-05, 04:44 AM

The clearest thinking so far.

gjc2
10-29-05, 08:31 AM
Any time, money and effort spent by Champ Car teams to prop up the Indy is a waste of time, money and effort and simply aids an enemy that is trying to put you out of business.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

George