PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 7

Ankf00
10-23-05, 04:33 PM
Granted I'm only watching my 2nd cowboys game of the year (only b/c it's better than watching philly SD), but I've learned this much:

Marion Barber can run the ball. He's the anti-Dayne...

what's up with all y'alls local games?

dando
10-23-05, 04:38 PM
Bengals = pwned.

Steelers = daddy.

:cry:

What a finish to the Philly game.

-Kevin

Stu
10-23-05, 05:35 PM
Probowl performance from Jeff Garcia ay Cork?

Stu
10-23-05, 05:48 PM
What a finish to the Philly game.

-Kevin

How the hell did McNabb have 54 attempts today with only 280 yards? :confused:

dando
10-23-05, 05:59 PM
How the hell did McNabb have 54 attempts today with only 280 yards? :confused:
A buncha nickels and dimes from what I saw.

-Kevin

Stu
10-23-05, 06:13 PM
A buncha nickels and dimes from what I saw.

-Kevin

well i didnt see the game, just saw stat updates. i think i saw one time where he had 40 some attempts and 274 yards, and then by the end of the game he wound up with 54 attempts for an extra 6 yards. :thumbup:

i was of course at the so called "football game" at cleveland browns stadium. it was like watching soccer it was so lame.

dando
10-23-05, 06:21 PM
well i didnt see the game, just saw stat updates. i think i saw one time where he had 40 some attempts and 274 yards, and then by the end of the game he wound up with 54 attempts for an extra 6 yards. :thumbup:

i was of course at the so called "football game" at cleveland browns stadium. it was like watching soccer it was so lame.
I only saw the last few minutes after the Bengals debacle, and that consisted of two possesions, with one completion for about 5 yards and like seven incompletions. Only 14 rushing attempts by the Eagles. They dint even try to run the ball on 4th and 1 from their 30 w/3 minutes to go. :eek: The two teams combined for a total of 13 punts, and both averaged <2 yards/carry. Great matchup, but prolly not a great game. The ending was amazing, tho.

-Kevin

coolhand
10-23-05, 06:48 PM
how do you guys have time to watch the NFL?

Ankf00
10-23-05, 06:53 PM
b/c we're not taking controls or signal processing or circuits like you? :gomer: :D

dando
10-23-05, 07:10 PM
how do you guys have time to watch the NFL?
Well, the wifey poo takes the child unit to the mall with a friend while her hubby watches foosball with the hubby of her friend. Oh, and it helps that I beat my wife. ;) :p

-Kevin

Stu
10-23-05, 07:15 PM
Well, the wifey poo takes the child unit to the mall with a friend while her hubby watches foosball with the hubby of her friend. Oh, and it helps that I beat my wife. ;) :p

-Kevin

you mean that you beat her to the remote control this morning right? i hope? maybe? cuz if you beat her, shed be in too much pain to cook and clean and stuff.

Lizzerd
10-23-05, 09:48 PM
Colts => 7-0

That is all...

dando
10-23-05, 09:50 PM
you mean that you beat her to the remote control this morning right? i hope? maybe? cuz if you beat her, shed be in too much pain to cook and clean and stuff.
I cook, and yes, I was nice and helped clean before the game. :) Oh, and I program the remote (Harmony), so I've got the power! :D

-Kevin

dando
10-23-05, 09:52 PM
Colts => 7-0

That is all...
Ya'll beat the freakin' Texans, fer jimminie christmas! Just wait for 11/20. Bengals match up better against the Dolts than the men of steel. Keep winning until then, tho. It'll just make the fall that much harder. :D

-Kevin

racer2c
10-23-05, 10:13 PM
I liked the end of that Giants game. :)

Jervis Tetch 1
10-23-05, 10:14 PM
Colts => 7-0

That is all... :thumbup:

nrc
10-23-05, 10:33 PM
Bengals = pwned.

Steelers = daddy.

:cry:

The Bengals dominated the first quarter and simply neglected to score points in the process. :mad: Lewis will get it corrected, but they've given themselves a hard row to hoe.

dando
10-23-05, 10:41 PM
The Bengals dominated the first quarter and simply neglected to score points in the process. :mad: Lewis will get it corrected, but they've given themselves a hard row to hoe.
Gee, sounds like another foosball team in OH. :( They needed to jump on 'em early and force them out of their game plan. If they go up 14-0, the Steelers could not afford to run the ball as much as they did. I was more disappointed in the O's performance in the 2nd half. Kudos to the Steelers' D for making adjustments, but Palmer made some poor choices and throws, and I thought the play calling was suspect as well. 12/4 will be an interesting rematch, but w/o a big fat butt on the DL, we're going to get hurt by the run, and that plays to the Steelers' strength.

-Kevin

devilmaster
10-24-05, 12:26 AM
Here is a perfect example of why it doesn't matter who plays QB for the Lions.....

After the opening kickoff:

1st and 10 - Run Kevin Jones up the middle, he's met at 3 yards, and gives a great 2nd effort. gains 7 yards

So, good opening play. Mooch keeps yapping about how he wants Jones to get more touches, one would think he's gonna work him, right?

2nd and 3 - screen pass to the right side - Garcia overthrows, incomplete.

3rd and 3 - lets try a 40 yard pass to a streaking wideout down the sideline.... overthrown - incomplete pass.

4th and 3 - punt.

:mad:

Lizzerd
10-24-05, 12:26 AM
Ya'll beat the freakin' Texans, fer jimminie christmas! Just wait for 11/20. Bengals match up better against the Dolts than the men of steel. Keep winning until then, tho. It'll just make the fall that much harder. :D

-Kevin

Bring it on, Bungle Boy.

Care to make a wager? Payoff happening at Burke Lakefront Airport next year perhaps?

Same to you, boss and boss grrl.

racermike
10-24-05, 12:56 AM
Seahawks pull out a miracle at the end to send the Cowboys their 3rd loss of the season

Insomniac
10-24-05, 11:21 AM
Colts => 7-0

That is all...

It's amazing they're 7-0 after playing all of those talented teams...

Insomniac
10-24-05, 11:22 AM
Gee, sounds like another foosball team in OH. :( They needed to jump on 'em early and force them out of their game plan. If they go up 14-0, the Steelers could not afford to run the ball as much as they did. I was more disappointed in the O's performance in the 2nd half. Kudos to the Steelers' D for making adjustments, but Palmer made some poor choices and throws, and I thought the play calling was suspect as well. 12/4 will be an interesting rematch, but w/o a big fat butt on the DL, we're going to get hurt by the run, and that plays to the Steelers' strength.

-Kevin

Chris Henry just had to drop that TD pass!

Insomniac
10-24-05, 11:24 AM
Here is a perfect example of why it doesn't matter who plays QB for the Lions.....

After the opening kickoff:

1st and 10 - Run Kevin Jones up the middle, he's met at 3 yards, and gives a great 2nd effort. gains 7 yards

So, good opening play. Mooch keeps yapping about how he wants Jones to get more touches, one would think he's gonna work him, right?

2nd and 3 - screen pass to the right side - Garcia overthrows, incomplete.

3rd and 3 - lets try a 40 yard pass to a streaking wideout down the sideline.... overthrown - incomplete pass.

4th and 3 - punt.

:mad:

I still can't figure out why they didn't at least bring Rohan Davey in for a workout. With the Williams, Rogers and Pollard you'd thing having a guy who could throw deep would help.

Insomniac
10-24-05, 11:26 AM
Bring it on, Bungle Boy.

Care to make a wager? Payoff happening at Burke Lakefront Airport next year perhaps?

Same to you, boss and boss grrl.

How confident are you for 11/7? :)

Gangrel
10-24-05, 11:27 AM
*George Wendt voice* Bears.

JoeBob
10-24-05, 11:38 AM
I was travelling all day yesterday, but this morning's paper made it sound like the Vikings were playoff contenders after coming back from being down 17-0 at halftime and getting a last second fieldgoal to beat the (1-4) Packers.

I'm not sure what is sadder - that these folks think their team might not suck (it does) or that in the NFC North, they aren't out of the playoff picture.

Insomniac
10-24-05, 03:17 PM
I was travelling all day yesterday, but this morning's paper made it sound like the Vikings were playoff contenders after coming back from being down 17-0 at halftime and getting a last second fieldgoal to beat the (1-4) Packers.

I'm not sure what is sadder - that these folks think their team might not suck (it does) or that in the NFC North, they aren't out of the playoff picture.

Still possible for a 5-11 team to win the division!

devilmaster
10-24-05, 03:22 PM
I still can't figure out why they didn't at least bring Rohan Davey in for a workout. With the Williams, Rogers and Pollard you'd thing having a guy who could throw deep would help.

It doesn't matter if a QB can throw deep. The line can't protect, so you can't wait for wideouts to develop their deep routes. The Browns ran a 3-4 defense and still pressured Garcia alot.

All today in the press conference, and on the radio interviews, Mooch keeps talking about how Garcia brings 'improvisation' to this offense. :shakehead

Another way of looking at 'improvisation' - If the regular plan doesn't work, aka the offensive playcalling :shakehead - its good to have a quarterback who makes it up as he goes because the god damn offensive plan didn't work!!!! :flame:

Mooch is IMO, a one trick pony. He pretty much has every offensive coach from the good years in SF. And now he has the qb who helped him make a name with his one trick pony. I am beside myself that people feel Garcia's strength is that he can make it up when the 'plan' doesn't work. Even garcia admitted that his touchdown bootleg wasn't planned. According to him it was supposed to be a pass but the Browns didn't cover the right side and they couldn't get anyone open.

Kevin Jones is a stud. Anywhere else where a team would actually use him, he'd get at least 1200 yards a year. When the Lions played the Ravens, Jones went head to head (literally!) with Ray Lewis and in the end he gained Ray's respect. If you run the ball, it should open the field for the pass. But the offensive playcalling doesn't work. And my example earlier in this thread shows why my team is hopeless, and yet might still win the division because everyone else sucks too.