PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark Indy 300 *SPOILERS*

devilmaster
10-23-05, 01:22 AM
Decent Race

Congrats to Seabass for another Vanderbilt.

Congrats to Timo Glock for Rookie of the year.

pkvracing12
10-23-05, 01:24 AM
GO JEEMY!!!!!

rabbit
10-23-05, 01:27 AM
Fabio had a decent run in the Minardi ;) until he stuffed it in the tires.

EDwardo
10-23-05, 01:37 AM
Fabio had a decent run in the Minardi ;) until he stuffed it in the tires.

Lavin was given an assist for this incident. He missed the turn and Nelson had no where to go.

AJ and jeemy earned podiums.

And Oriol deserves a mention for "banzai" move of the race for punting Mario in turn 1.

RD video coverage was outstanding. Unfortunately, timing was about 30 seconds ahead of the video.

devilmaster
10-23-05, 01:38 AM
Lavin was given an assist for this incident. He missed the turn and Nelson had no where to go.

AJ and jeemy earned podiums.

And Oriol deserves a mention for "banzai" move of the race for punting Mario in turn 1.

RD video coverage was outstanding. Unfortunately, timing was about 30 seconds ahead of the video.

acutally, fabio stuffed it again a couple laps later

swift
10-23-05, 12:19 PM

the way i saw it, damatta didn't brake in time for the first chicane, rear-ended oriol (spinning oriol) and took out mario on the rebound.

dando
10-23-05, 12:40 PM
the way i saw it, damatta didn't brake in time for the first chicane, rear-ended oriol (spinning oriol) and took out mario on the rebound.
Yup. That incident was clearly on Shorty. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-23-05, 02:09 PM
Another Tracy-free podium. :thumbup:

NismoZ
10-23-05, 07:29 PM
Geez, ED...I thought I was going to have to "go to the tape" early this time! Servia made two mistakes (not aggressive enough on start, and taking to the grass in that chicane) but there was no punting! I thought he drove an incredible race from the back. A bunch of guys did. ('cept for Cris! :p )

FTG
10-23-05, 08:54 PM
Another Tracy-free podium. :thumbup:

I thought going from 5th to 1st in the first chicane was pretty good, but I guess some people think passing so many cars so quickly is stupid.

RaceGrrl
10-23-05, 09:45 PM
Servia was definitely not aggressive enough on the start, but it was still tough to see him punted like that. Nice comeback through the pack though. More bad luck for PT, and this can't be blamed on a stupid move by him. Enjoyed the race.

Anteater
10-23-05, 10:07 PM
Servia was definitely not aggressive enough on the start, but it was still tough to see him punted like that.

It was tough to see da Matta do that! :shakehead I've been a diehard fan of his for years, but I don't know where his head was at Turn 1 (both at Surfer's and at Denver).

As for the rest of the field, there was some impressive driving! And congrats to Seb and to NHR.

coolhand
10-23-05, 10:47 PM
if you look at CdM's speed reletive to other cars he was as fast as Mario and Sebass entering the turn.

so Oriol was a little slow entering the turn, thats no excuse just to hit him but i wold find it difficult to tap the brake early and see a bunch of cars pass you.

indyfan31
10-24-05, 12:23 AM
Mario's crash was self-inflicted, if he'd made the turn he would've missed it all, instead he cut across the chicane where DaMatta's car was spinning and he got hit.

Rocketdoc
10-24-05, 12:33 AM
"...It was tough to see da Matta do that! I've been a diehard fan of his for years, but I don't know where his head was at Turn 1 (both at Surfer's and at Denver)."

Possibly looking at the lining of his colon.

NismoZ
10-24-05, 02:35 AM
PT 5th to 1st!? Yeah, great "driving". Three guys spinning like tops in front of him, then cuts a couple of corners (the second one on P2P, I think!...avoiding the wreck, no doubt? :rofl: ) and is able to pass the guy who took the long (correct) way around? Yeah, what a move! A new contender for "The Pass!" Less brilliant than lucky he wasn't set back on the restart.

JohnnyQ
10-24-05, 06:21 AM
PT 5th to 1st!? Yeah, great "driving". Three guys spinning like tops in front of him, then cuts a couple of corners (the second one on P2P, I think!...avoiding the wreck, no doubt? :rofl: ) and is able to pass the guy who took the long (correct) way around? Yeah, what a move! A new contender for "The Pass!" Less brilliant than lucky he wasn't set back on the restart.

Sounds like a pass to win at Laguna Seca?

mueber
10-24-05, 09:21 AM
The series really has to do something about those first lap accidents. It makes us look amateurish. Otherwise, a good race.

When I think about it, one of the most suprising things about this season is how well Fabio and Ranger have handled being thrown in at the deep end.

KLang
10-24-05, 09:28 AM
Congrats to SB, AJ, and Jimmy.

CDM, what where you thinking? :shakehead

I'm surprised the TV coverage spent so much with AJ's in-car camera. It seems to me it would have made more sense for the Australian TV crew to put a camera in one of the Team Aussie cars.

How about that moving pit lane camera? :cool:

Insomniac
10-24-05, 11:02 AM
The series really has to do something about those first lap accidents. It makes us look amateurish. Otherwise, a good race.

When I think about it, one of the most suprising things about this season is how well Fabio and Ranger have handled being thrown in at the deep end.

Hopefully 2007 will fix that. If they can actually pass on track, they won't feel the need to win on the first lap or the pits.

cameraman
10-24-05, 12:06 PM
AJ's incar was sponsored by Acer/Intel. Ya gets what ya pay for.

racer2c
10-24-05, 12:12 PM

Yeah, those first corner wrecks in F1 make them look horrible too! :gomer:

NismoZ
10-24-05, 01:13 PM
So much for standing starts as a possible solution? I think if one is punted at 85mph as opposed to 110, the result would be similar. Perhaps starting from the pitlane at intervals, or from a ramp like at the ol' Mille Miglia? :)

G.
10-24-05, 01:19 PM
It was kinda wierd, not having post-crash interviews. I'd especially liked to have heard PT rip on his crew after the engine blew (assuming, of course, that that is what he did).

In pit moving camera was very cool.

"Best Friend's" video with PT and Seabass made me LOL.

Rick asking DD if he thinks Servia can move up the line from DFL. Derrick was taken aback somewhat, then replied "well yeah. He's got the fastest car..." :laugh:

oddlycalm
10-24-05, 01:47 PM
Fun race, and I'm sure the camel toads on the podium were much appreciated by the drivers and those in attendence... :cool:

oc

mueber
10-24-05, 02:11 PM
Yeah, those first corner wrecks in F1 make them look horrible too! :gomer:

Sorry, no sale. The first corner accident happens from time to time in F-1, and they look silly when it happens. The first corner wreck is a fixture at almost every Champ Car race, and management should address it.

NismoZ
10-24-05, 02:12 PM
toads? take a look at one...ie, a camel's FOOT. :p

racer2c
10-24-05, 02:21 PM
Sorry, no sale. The first corner accident happens from time to time in F-1, and they look silly when it happens. The first corner wreck is a fixture at almost every Champ Car race, and management should address it.

I guess I'm just used to it. 25 years of watching 18, 19, 20 F1/Champ Cars traveling 180mph then breaking into a corner that is tight for two cars has lessened it's silliness to me. The powers that be should mandate that they don't wreck! :gomer:

oddlycalm
10-24-05, 02:45 PM
toads? take a look at one...ie, a camel's FOOT. :p
You obviously missed G.'s recent update.
Camel toads (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9004)

oc

NismoZ
10-24-05, 04:45 PM
So I did!

FTG
10-24-05, 05:27 PM
Mario's crash was self-inflicted, if he'd made the turn he would've missed it all, instead he cut across the chicane where DaMatta's car was spinning and he got hit.

I wondered why he didn't follow PT and watched in super Tivo slow mow. They put tires in the middle of the chicane. PT went to the left of the tires. Mario couldn't. (He was too far right.) Then, he had no where to go.

FTG
10-24-05, 05:39 PM

Watch the tape. He passed Mario before the incident. Secondly, I think avoiding an accident right in front of you requires a certain amount of skill. Finally, he went the long way around Bourdais. Could be wrong, but I don't think there's a lot of run off room there. He carried his extra speed towards a cement wall, on a line he'd never practised, and made the pass stick. Not sure why you think that's easy.

Dr. Corkski
10-24-05, 05:43 PM
For Paul Tracy going in a straight line and not running into something is never easy. :gomer:

Insomniac
10-25-05, 08:28 AM
Watch the tape. He passed Mario before the incident. Secondly, I think avoiding an accident right in front of you requires a certain amount of skill. Finally, he went the long way around Bourdais. Could be wrong, but I don't think there's a lot of run off room there. He carried his extra speed towards a cement wall, on a line he'd never practised, and made the pass stick. Not sure why you think that's easy.

I just gave up. There are so many PT haters here. They get so much joy out of everything that goes wrong, and it's always his fault.

Why can't we all just keep hating the French? ;)

NismoZ
10-25-05, 09:13 AM
I don't hate him at all. And it's NOT always his fault, just most of the time! We can all lighten up at times, I just like to razz all the nutty Canadians who seem to proliferate the open-wheel forums...and thankfully so! :) But don't tell me he took the LONG way through! :saywhat: Probably the best thing for CC would be if PT kept his head, had a masterful drive and wins in Mexico to lay down the challenge for next season! Hell, I don't even hate Chip Ganassi...he's just gone... astray! ;)