PDA

View Full Version : Not another VISION!!

Wheel-Nut
03-18-03, 07:31 PM
What is it with these guys and their visions??

Subject: Daytona Prototypes

"We expect to talk about technical issues, but we also will be discussing marketing and other long-term topics," he added. "Daytona Prototypes represent the future of road racing in America and we want to keep the dialogue going with those companies that share our vision."

LINK (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/5540/)

I don't follow sports cars much but isn't the Grand Am series similar to what the irl was back in the mid-90's, someone's VISION to make racing better?

Lizzerd
03-18-03, 07:48 PM
As was the case last year, the Grand American staff will be talking with representatives of the approved Daytona Prototype constructors

Ah yes, the vision of iron fisted controlled competition, empty stands, and dwindling fields.

I had a vision once, but I grew up in the '70's when LSD was cool.

pchall
03-18-03, 08:29 PM
It must be the 'shrooms man, the 'shrooms.

FortyOneFord
03-19-03, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by pchall
It must be the 'shrooms man, the 'shrooms.

Shrooms were always entertaining. Grand am isn't even remotely entertaining.

DjDrOmusic
03-19-03, 05:00 AM
HEY the mysterious corner worker/troll that visits me at Woo Doggies told me that the Frances are not happy with Grand Am and wants it dead. Then he left, I think the Mother Ship was calling him!;)

cart7
03-19-03, 09:40 AM
What's a Grand-Am prototype division anyway?? I suggest replacing the class with the Bradley GT class. A potentially huge pool of owners to draw from, speeds that would be barely off the current prototype class and an engine formula so cheap anyone can afford it. (I mean I had friends who kept their bug engines running with bailing wire and duct tape.) :D