PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Servia & Fans...

NismoZ
10-22-05, 08:16 AM
It only took him 98 tries but Servia got his first pole! Also 211,000 have viewed the festivities so far with race day yet to come! Most tracks would kill just for a Thursday or Friday gate here. Good show Surfers/ChampCar! :thumbup:

skaven
10-22-05, 11:53 AM
Way to go Servia. I'll be staying in tonight to watch this one on RD.

The new Phillippe livery looks great! :thumbup: Also, Allmendinger has Intel on his car and both RuSports have Western Union on the back wing. Any photos of Lavin's livery this weekend?

The top 10 of the grid is pretty solid. Hopefully next year we can add more depth and talent. What am I saying, next year we WILL add more depth and talent to the grid. :cool:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-22-05, 10:43 PM
What a surprise. I would have thought Oriol had a pole already. Guess not, until now :thumbup:

NismoZ
10-23-05, 07:37 PM
Wow, again...a 316,000 4-day...translates to 105,000 for Sunday, I believe. When do the "HRL to Surfers" rumors begin? GO CC!

pferrf1
10-24-05, 10:51 AM
Great to see that many people. Hopefully the Team Australia concept re-ignited the fan interest in CCWS.

I was at this race last year and most of the attention from the locals was focussed on the V8s which is only natural. The CCWS race was treated like more of a 'spectacle' I found, while the locals had more of a connection with the V8s...they had favourite drivers, etc.

The local media treated the two series about equally in coverage.