PDA

View Full Version : The foosball smack 10/20

dando
10-20-05, 10:07 PM
Tonight:

Hokies or chokies? Can the Terps find a kicker, puhleeze?!? If VaTech plays like this in the coming weeks, they will be toast.

Other highlight games this weekend include:

UT/TT - which one is for real in the Big Twinkie?
LSU/Auburn - could make for more fun in the SEC west.
Bama/UT North - Tide needs to prove itself, must win for Phillip
MSU/NW - offensive highlight reel in the making

Oh, and Steelerz/Bengals on Sunday. Who Dey!

Smack away....

-Kevin

dando
10-20-05, 10:17 PM
Oh, and GO Red Raiderz! :D

-Kevin

nissan gtp
10-20-05, 10:25 PM
Tech just went 99 yards for a TD

:thumbup:

dando
10-20-05, 10:29 PM
Tech just went 99 yards for a TD

:thumbup:
Yeah, but after almost stumbling into a safety on the first play of the drive. :saywhat: If they make these kinds of mistakes and TOs against the likes of BC, UVA, and the 'canes coming soon, they will be toast in the B$C chase. Mark it down.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-20-05, 11:21 PM
VT's done nothing spectacular so far... everyone keeps hyping that NCSU win, the only teams the wolfpack beat are GT and Eastern F'ing Kentucky. Not to say they suck, but they haven't done anything to earn their hype, but Beamerball's always hyped, the first top 5 team they ever beat was Miami 2 years ago and then they were 'rolled by WV a week later

"VT beat a strong NC State team"... bull ****ing ****. and NCSU gave the game away on top of it

we'll see how hokies handle miami, my $'s on that 'cane D shutting 'em down, Marcus Mexico's numbers are mediocre at best for a kid playing his 3rd year of ball.

Go Fightin' Hoeppner's, bet they win this weekend :gomer:

dando
10-20-05, 11:35 PM
Go Fightin' Hoeppner's, bet they win this weekend :gomer:
Holmes, go play the lotto...ya gotta better chance of winning dat shiat than IU beatin' the Bucks. But hey, stranger things have happened. Myself, I be waitin' fer the big BU/UT showdown in a coupla weeks. Or maybe Aggyfest '05 the end of November. :gomer: :D

But wait. Perhaps I should take the smack talk literally like Corky. :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-20-05, 11:36 PM
09/10/05

*muah*

;)

dando
10-20-05, 11:49 PM
09/10/05

*muah*

;)
:mad: :( ^^ dick

So Cal lost 2 in a row, plus to A&M in the Holiday Bowl. OK. I feel better now. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-21-05, 12:03 AM
:mad: :( ^^ dick

So Cal lost 2 in a row, plus to A&M in the Holiday Bowl. OK. I feel better now. :D

-Kevin

Actually that was Tech, the Sand Aggies... A&M will be lucky to sniff a bowl game outside of shreveport or fort worth for the next 5 years :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
10-21-05, 12:26 AM
Perhaps I should take the smack talk literally like Corky. :laugh:One would think you would have learned your lesson by now. :gomer:

dando
10-21-05, 12:34 AM
Actually that was Tech, the Sand Aggies... A&M will be lucky to sniff a bowl game outside of shreveport or fort worth for the next 5 years :gomer:
Ah, yes. Aggy east, west, north, south.....hard to keep 'em all straight amongst the cows down yonder. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-21-05, 12:35 AM
One would think you would have learned your lesson by now. :gomer:
:yawn:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-21-05, 12:39 AM
:yawn:

-KevinThen quit calling me out if you don't like getting owned on a regular basis.

Ankf00
10-21-05, 12:42 AM
Ah, yes. Aggy east, west, north, south.....hard to keep 'em all straight amongst the cows down yonder. :gomer:

-Kevin

It's actually quite simple, we're NOT the land grant school ;)

dando
10-21-05, 04:23 PM
Then quit calling me out if you don't like getting owned on a regular basis.
Owned? :laugh:

-Kevin

dando
10-21-05, 04:24 PM
It's actually quite simple, we're NOT the land grant school ;)
BTW, I've still gotta get dat package in the mail so you can commemorate dat 9/10 date. Expect something next week.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-21-05, 08:48 PM
BTW, I've still gotta get dat package in the mail so you can commemorate dat 9/10 date. Expect something next week.

-Kevin

you + 1 next year right? or do you want the wifey in on it? it's an aggy home year, so I can sell the leftovers on ebay, so lemme know before J and I make our "donation"........

dando
10-21-05, 09:13 PM
you + 1 next year right? or do you want the wifey in on it? it's an aggy home year, so I can sell the leftovers on ebay, so lemme know before J and I make our "donation"........
Yeah, 2 fer sure, but I think I might need 4 since I have another bud and his wife down that way. However, the wifey poo just dropped a bombshell on me tonight, so I need beverage to think. Much beverage. :eek: :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 12:35 AM
Yeah, 2 fer sure, but I think I might need 4 since I have another bud and his wife down that way. However, the wifey poo just dropped a bombshell on me tonight, so I need beverage to think. Much beverage. :eek: :)

-Kevin

UH OH ;)

Ankf00
10-22-05, 11:16 AM
gameday in Austin... some of the signs...

"Where's Trev?" :rofl:

http://members.cox.net/dugger3/gd2.jpg

:laugh:

and there's a sign with a sheep, couldnt' see the caption though, bet it was money too...

dando
10-22-05, 11:40 AM
gameday in Austin... some of the signs...

"Where's Trev?" :rofl:

:)

We get Purdon't/Wishconsin on the toob here. :(

Guess it's off to BWs for me. :D

-Kevin

EDwardo
10-22-05, 11:47 AM
The Chiefs prevailed last night in the "quick, there's a hurricane coming" bowl in Miami. Stat of the game, ball control 42 minutes to 18 minutes. And since they won't be playing Sunday, we get to see the Chargers play the Eagles.

It was the first Friday night game for the Chiefs since 1964.

OK, back to college ball.

Ankf00
10-22-05, 11:47 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/TexPete/th_gday3.jpg

classic.

and yea, BW's is a must on game weekends with that **** ABC always pulls with flipping in the middle of games to michigan vs whoever

corso's singing Rocky Top, check out the sign :laugh:

http://members.cox.net/dugger3/gd13.jpg

skaven
10-22-05, 11:57 AM
:)

We get Purdon't/Wishconsin on the toob here. :(

Guess it's off to BWs for me. :D

-Kevin

A buddy of mine has the college game day package. It actually pays for itself vs. going to the bar for drinks. Unfortunately, he's a Michigan fan...

That said, Goters suck and I have nothing for this thread other than go Hawgs. :(

dando
10-22-05, 11:59 AM
The Chiefs prevailed last night in the "quick, there's a hurricane coming" bowl in Miami. Stat of the game, ball control 42 minutes to 18 minutes. And since they won't be playing Sunday, we get to see the Chargers play the Eagles.

It was the first Friday night game for the Chiefs since 1964.

OK, back to college ball.
Good win for the Chefs. Roaf's return is huge for them.

-Kevin

dando
10-22-05, 12:06 PM
A buddy of mine has the college game day package. It actually pays for itself vs. going to the bar for drinks. Unfortunately, he's a Michigan fan...

That said, Goters suck and I have nothing for this thread other than go Hawgs. :(
Yeah, we usually only miss a big game or two during the season (like USC/ASU a few weeks ago). Plus, I'm usually in The Shoe, so I'd waste the package half of the weekends.

MSU/NW...1st play of the game goes for ~60 yards. 1:06 for the first TD to be scored. This is gonna be a track meet. o/u should be 100 for this game.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 12:07 PM
"Vince still can't pass"

"More cowbell"

"Lubbock has no trees"

one of the signs actually called 'em "Sand Aggies":rofl:

Ankf00
10-22-05, 01:16 PM
I think Musberger's calling our game today http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif

Time for the ol' Musberger game.

The Brent Musburger Drinking Game

WARNING!

Play at your own risk. It is conceivable your whole party will be passed out with 8 mins remaining in the 1st quarter.

*Note: Partner is spelled "Pardner," because that's the way Brent says it.

Rule #1: "The Pardner" A person is picked to be the Pardner at the beginning of the game. The first time Brent says "Pardner," the Pardner has to take 1 drink, and then picks someone else to be the Pardner. The next time Brent says it, the new Pardner has to take 2 drinks, and then pick a new Pardner, and so on and so on. The Pardner must wear a special "Pardner" hat.

Rule #2: "Folks" Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.

Rule #3: "It's a foot race!". Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race" everyone has to finish their drink. The first one done becomes "That Man" and gets to punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #4: "There's that man again". After someone becomes "That Man," they get to give away 3 drinks to someone of their choosing the next time Brent says "That Man." That person then becomes "That Man." If Brent says "That Man" before "It's a footrace," The Pardner becomes That Man. If The Pardner becomes That Man first, he gets to punch the new That Man in the arm twice after giving away the 3 drinks. There must also be a special hat for "That Man."

Rule #5: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.

Rule #6: "Jack Arute". Whenever Brent says "Our ol' buddy Jack Arute" everyone has to say "AROOOOOOT!" Last one to do it has to do a shot. If everyone does it simultaneously, the Pardner must do a shot.

Rule #7: "In the college game". Whenever Brent says this little gem, everyone must say "Shut the **** up Brent", drink 2, and punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #8: Mentioning a Big 10 school during a Big 12 game. Whenever Brent does this, the first person who names the Big 10 school's mascot gets to make somebody drink for 11 seconds, since there's 11 schools in the Big 10.

Rule #9: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!" before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.

Rule #10: "Gary, my man". Whenever Brent says "Gary, my man", the Pardner gets to choose someone to be Gary. From that point on, that person must be referred to as "Gary, my man" until the game is over. "Gary, my man" gets to give away 5 drinks the rest of the game any time Brent says "Gary, my man". If someone talks to "Gary, my man" without calling him that, they have to do a shot. If there is someone playing the game actually named Gary, that person is automatically "Gary, my man".

Rule #11: "The Major". If Brent has a pet nickname for one of the players during the game, for example calling Major Applewhite "The Major", everyone must drink 5 anytime Brent uses this nickname. However, "Gary, my man" does not drink but gets to give away 5 drinks since this person already has a nickname of their own.

Rule #12: "John Saunders". The first time Brent quips with John Saunders, everyone must drink 1. The next time, everyone must drink 2, and so on and so on.

Rule #13: In the booth. Whenever there's a camera shot of Brent in the booth, the Pardner must make a toast to Brent. After the toast, everyone must drink 1.

Rule #14: "My Friend" Every Pardner gets to choose a "Friend." The friend must always get up to get the Pardner another drink (since the Pardner will be doing quite a bit of that). However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so much.

actually, that sounds like too much pain, forget it...

dando
10-22-05, 01:38 PM
Classic Mushbrains before the start of The Showdown in The Shoe: "I'm standing on the floor of The Big House." :saywhat: What a ****ing moron. :mad:

In other news MSU misses two more FGs. Did John L. learn special teams under Bubba Bowden or what? Perhaps MSU should get that chick that tried out @ K for the Buffs a coupla years ago? :gomer:

Iowa on top of U/M...Llloyd 'John Cooper' Carr will fail to win 2 in a row yet again this season.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 02:12 PM
Shockley out for game, knee... not looking good for UGa's season...

dando
10-22-05, 02:21 PM
Shockley out for game, knee... not looking good for UGa's season...
Ouch. @ Goters next week and then Auburn @ home the week after. Goters could be back in the SEC East chase.

John L. has lost his team. The Spartans have simply packed it in since the first drive of the game. There's no reason they should not have been able to put up 42+ points on NW's D.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 02:28 PM
Tate's on today, Henne's playing like ****, no reason Mich shouldn't be rolling up the gut of that smaller Iowa line...

Broyles is probably regretting offering Nutt that extension, then again w/o that extension they don't get Mustain's verbal...

Ankf00
10-22-05, 02:35 PM
after much contemplation and deep thought, I've come up with the perfect name for San Antonio's NFL team...

the El Guapos. :D

dando
10-22-05, 02:37 PM
Tate's on today, Henne's playing like ****, no reason Mich shouldn't be rolling up the gut of that smaller Iowa line...

Four letters: Carr.

EDIT: the in Kinnick field is an abomination. One would think them farmers could grow grass. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 02:44 PM
well then, Mich keeps it on the ground and scores, who would've thought? :gomer:

ABC not picking up NU/Mizzou for central time zone is weak sauce...

dando
10-22-05, 02:47 PM
well then, Mich keeps it on the ground and scores, who would've thought? :gomer:
That was a pass, you dork.

Heck, I'm rooting for U/M. I don't want them to can Carr. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 03:02 PM
That was a pass, you dork.

Heck, I'm rooting for U/M. I don't want them to can Carr. :gomer:

-Kevin

meh, they were driving with the run :gomer:

Ankf00
10-22-05, 03:12 PM
http://silver.ihigh.com/texas/2005/10/102105_kick.wmv

sorta cool interview with Fowler, spells out Herbie's and Corso's Friday night routines...

then he calls Michigan fans the worst :gomer:

dando
10-22-05, 03:25 PM
UVA takes out unbeaten FSU last week, goes on the road and loses to freaking UNC 7-5. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 03:31 PM
who had the most RBI's in that game? :gomer:

credit goes to Herrmann, Tate picks apart that UM secondary early, makes the adjustments and shuts them down...

and it begins... time to put Cody Hodges into the turf.

dando
10-22-05, 03:44 PM
credit goes to Herrmann, Tate picks apart that UM secondary early, makes the adjustments and shuts them down...

Hawks shot themselves in the foot. 11 penalties for 111 yards. Ouch!

:cool: interview with Fowler. Gee, imagine...there are a bunch of haters out there. (queue Corkster) :gomer: Frankly I'm surprised he dint out the Badgers fans, as they have a really bad rep. But, I don't know if or how often GD has been in Madison.

-Kevin

dando
10-22-05, 06:08 PM
They scored! They scored! Someone finally scored in Bama/Vols!! Classic comment by Lundquist with Condi and Jack Straw looking on: Condi is explaining to Jack Straw that this game is very much like soccer, as no one has scored. :laugh:

Ank's enjoying a good whooping against TT.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 07:08 PM
W

dando
10-22-05, 10:56 PM
OU/BU headed to OT. Big Twinkie = :laugh:

Heckuva game b/w LSU and Auburn. :thumbup:

PSU puts up 56 in the 1st half against some high school team from ILL. :eek: There oughta be a law against dat shizzle. ;)

Go Wazzu!

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-22-05, 11:01 PM
Bomar and Peterson: "We came here to win championships. Texas doesn't do as much with their talent, they can't win titles."

what up now, bitches? :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

SIC 'EM, BEARS!

Ankf00
10-22-05, 11:22 PM
OU 37-30 BU... lucky mfr's, Morriss should've accepted the holding penalty, make Bomar earn those yards

dando
10-23-05, 11:51 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/10/23/goalpost.death.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

:(

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-23-05, 04:21 PM
ASU loses to Stanford
Cal needs last second heroics to beat Wazzou
Oregon by 7 over U of A, and now their 3rd string QB, Ryan Leaf's lil bro Brady is in...

oh yea, the Pac-10's strong and mighty these days :gomer:

although I have no idea why 3-3 Tennessee is ranked... oh well.

coolhand
10-23-05, 06:34 PM
sounds like the pac-10 is very competitive.

fight on! ankf00 :D

Ankf00
10-23-05, 06:44 PM
Baylor taking OU and Aggy to overtime, Aggy 30-28 over KSU, doesn't mean the Big 12's competitive... it means the Big 12 blows chunks. ;)

coolhand
10-23-05, 06:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Avb_wA3qgPeGztlPwr3rigEcvrYF?slug=cnnsi-therestoftexas&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

The one unavoidable knock against the 'Horns, of course, is the level of their competition. That the Red Raiders were the best opponent the Big 12 will throw at them this season speaks volumes about the sorry state of the conference, and after Oklahoma's poor showing in the past two national title games, many observers will likely throw a tantrum if a Big 12 team once again beats out an undefeated SEC team (either Alabama or Georgia) for a spot in the championship.

On the flip side, however, one could make a perfectly reasonable argument that the 'Horns are more deserving of No. 1 right now than they are No. 3. While USC has had to survive one close call after another, Texas has been on cruise control since the Ohio State game. While the Trojans' suspect defense has given up 21 or more points in each of its past four games, Texas hasn't allowed more than 22 all season. And while the 'Horns might not have quite the same offensive firepower as the Trojans -- who does? -- they've certainly got their fair share.

In reality, though, any such conversation is moot. The Trojans have daunting games remaining against Cal and UCLA, Virginia Tech must face one-loss Boston College and Miami back-to-back, and Alabama and Georgia are battling their way through the thick of their SEC schedules with at least one star player sidelined by injury. The biggest obstacle standing between the 'Horns and the Rose Bowl, however, is themselves.

coolhand
10-23-05, 06:47 PM
Baylor taking OU and Aggy to overtime, Aggy 30-28 over KSU, doesn't mean the Big 12's competitive... it means the Big 12 blows chunks. ;)

Sic 'em Bears! :thumbup:

meawhile teams like FSU had tough games this weekend with the seasonal powerhouse Duke. :rolleyes:

I believe the only conferance you can argue is tougher then the Pac-10 this season is the SEC.

Ankf00
10-23-05, 06:47 PM
Cal's an overrated joke and you know it, what other big games did SC play? ASU? who lost to Stanford? Arizona? Oregon's all they have so far and they'll collapse soon enough. The game vs Notre Dame? The same ND that lost to Mich St that can't compete with Northwestern?

Knock the sched all you want, but the 'Horns won in Columbus, Iowa St won in Iowa City, all the Pac-10 has is the game w/ ND.

No, every conference is tougher than the Pac-10 this year, the Big-12's about on par, Big 10, ACC, and SEC are all far more competitive and stacked top to bottom.

UCLA has no D, ASU has completely collapsed, Oregon's down to 3rd string QB, Cal's missing top rb and qb and Ayoob is barely getting by... Pac-10 == Big-12 == one trick pony

Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl should put this Pac-10 business to rest ;) :gomer:

coolhand
10-23-05, 06:52 PM
Cal's an overrated joke and you know it, what other big games did SC play? ASU? who lost to Stanford? Arizona? Oregon's all they have so far and they'll collapse soon enough. The game vs Notre Dame? The same ND that lost to Mich St that can't compete with Northwestern?

Knock the sched all you want, but the 'Horns won in Columbus, Iowa St won in Iowa City, all the Pac-10 has is the game w/ ND.

No, every conference is tougher than the Pac-10 this year, the Big-12's about on par, Big 10, ACC, and SEC are all far more competitive and stacked top to bottom.

as each week goes by, that win in columbus looks weaker and weaker.

however the SC win in south bend will be remembered as one of the toughest road wins in history.

the big-10 is weak this year and that is why you are seeing ND and penn state along with some other programs having good seasons. So this year i would put the big-10 on the lower end.

The big twelve on par with the pac-10? i could argue different (so will many members of the media), but i have a feeling we will find out soon enough. But this Texas Tech game was the only real competition in the conference.

coolhand
10-23-05, 06:53 PM
UCLA has no D, ASU has completely collapsed, Oregon's down to 3rd string QB, Cal's missing top rb and qb and Ayoob is barely getting by... Pac-10 == Big-12 == one trick pony

Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl should put this Pac-10 business to rest ;) :gomer:

Yep, they are all colapsing in USCs wake.

Ankf00
10-23-05, 07:05 PM
how does the OSU win get any weaker, just because you say so and wish it was to deflect from SC's inability to put away arizona and oregon they way they should've? All OSU has lost to is a 1 loss PSU on the road and only by a TD, they lost by a FG to us. PSU, OSU, and UT are all top 10 teams. Big 10 is weak b/c there's parity? Wait, didn't you just say that the Pac-10 isn't weak it's just competitive?

SC beat a team that couldn't even take on MSU, MSU which couldn't handle Mich and was rolled by Basanez and Northwestern. No ND is not a top 10 team with 2 losses, they still lost yet kept their poll position in the AP b/c ND's the object of the media's fellation. Yes it was a hyped game and a tough road game, no it's not somehow magically more difficult than winning in Columbus against a true top 10 team.

SC was shut down by the 114th ranked pass defense, just remember that.

UCLA is rolling much like MSU and NW, and like MSU has no D, cal's on the verge of going down asu already has and UO is done for, their only big win being Fresno, please... when cork won't even defend Cal, there's issues on the west coast :gomer:

SEC has 2 undefeated teams and 1 loss LSU, 2 loss Auburn. SC is the only team that could compete in a game vs. those 4 defenses. Likewise, Miami, VT, FSU, BC, good luck having any non SC team hang with those 4 defenses...

Tech would roll any non-SC team in the Pac-10 much like they did last year vs. Cal. 45-21. Beating Cal is not somehow more impressive than UT beating Colorado, it's the same thing. UCLA/Tech. OSU > ND.

Pac10==Big12 = suck.

coolhand
10-23-05, 08:09 PM
I am baffled by your staments my fellow trojan. OSU a top ten team? in which poll? :saywhat:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls

12-13-14-15

Stu
10-23-05, 08:11 PM
I am baffled by your staments my fellow trojan. OSU a top ten team? in which poll? :saywhat:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls

12-13-14-15

maybe he thinks by the end of the year when everything shakes out they will be top 10. which is likely.

coolhand
10-23-05, 08:12 PM
maybe he thinks by the end of the year when everything shakes out they will be top 10. which is likely.

so when one of the undefeated teams looses will they drop below OSU?

dando
10-23-05, 08:17 PM
Here we go with the tallest dwarf argument again. I'll wager that both the Pac-10 and Big Twinkie have no more than two teams in the polls by the end of the season: one each in the top ten and one each in the bottom 15. Neither UCLA, Oregon, Tech, or Cal have anything to boast about on their respective resumes. Their collective non-con schedules are a joke. UCLA did play OU, but they are obviously not a good team this season, and they beat UW and WSU by a collective 7 points. :laugh:

As to the USC/ND debate, I scoff @ the notion that that game was the greatest ever. That is simply a result of the recency effect. Besides, results clearly show that OSU > MSU > ND, therefore UT > OSU > MSU > ND. :D

Also, there's gotta be a playoff to determine a true champ.

-Kevin

Stu
10-23-05, 08:17 PM

not one of the undefeated but if LSU, Texas Tech, Miami, or Penn State lose again they should be there. its dependent on what OSU does the rest of the year, if they can win out, they'll finish in the top 10.

dando
10-23-05, 08:20 PM
Bank on it. When UCLA loses, and they will lose big, they will slip past OSU just like Tech did this week.

-Kevin

coolhand
10-23-05, 08:23 PM
Here we go with the tallest dwarf argument again. I'll wager that both the Pac-10 and Big Twinkie have no more than two teams in the polls by the end of the season: one each in the top ten and one each in the bottom 15. Neither UCLA, Oregon, Tech, or Cal have anything to boast about on their respective resumes. Their collective non-con schedules are a joke. UCLA did play OU, but they are obviously not a good team this season, and they beat UW and WSU by a collective 7 points. :laugh:

As to the USC/ND debate, I scoff @ the notion that that game was the greatest ever. That is simply a result of the recency effect. Besides, results clearly show that OSU > MSU > ND, therefore UT > OSU > MSU > ND. :D

Also, there's gotta be a playoff to determine a true champ.

-Kevin

I forgot about that, In order to dispell the big 12 is better then the pac-10 notion, UCLA played the reigning big-12 champ and soundly beat them.

what else can the pac-10 do?

Ankf00
10-23-05, 08:56 PM
uh, yea, you're comparing last year's OU vs this year's OU? you're an engineer. OU lost 11 ppl to the NFL and has freshman at QB, gee, I wonder why UCLA won :gomer: OU's not ranked, and you want to somehow construe that to mean the game is a feather in the conference's cap? :rofl:

Iowa State over Iowa
Texas over Ohio State

vs.

SC barely over ND

I said the Pac-10's just as bad as the Big-12, you seem to think it's as good as the SEC if not better.

Using your logic, UCLA lost the '04 Las Vegas bowl to WYOMING, therefore Wyoming is better than the Pac-10 AND the Big-12. Honestly, Wyoming?

Tech stomped a new mudhole in your glory team last year, Cal, in San Diego. Cal supposedly "should've beat SC, they took them to the last play." :gomer: Tech is even better this year (not b/c of their record, but b/c of the increased size at WR and athletic abilities on D), and Cal is nowhere near as good.

Pac-10 = one trick pony. When someone besides SC wins a bowl game worth a damn, you can try to begin making arguments that it's not the weakest conference. This is what the Pac-10 gets for being a conference with 0 defense, no one takes them seriously beyond SC.

To repeat: Pac-10 == Big 12 == suck.

SEC, ACC, and for once this century the Big Televen, they're just a cut above, oh well, be happy your team is rolling...

Ankf00
10-23-05, 09:06 PM
-Kevin

werd :D :gomer: :rofl:

coolhand
10-23-05, 09:18 PM
cal's just a bunch of hippies anyway. :gomer: can we trade for baylor

so all pac-10 have to do is have a team other than USC win a bowl game to prove the pac-10 is worth a damn?

dando
10-23-05, 10:10 PM
so all pac-10 have to do is have a team other than USC win a bowl game to prove the pac-10 is worth a damn?
Generally getting more than one team from a conference into a BC$ bowl is a relative measure of the strength of a conference. Of course, winning them also helps. :) Getting teams into lesser bowls is a crap shoot due to bowl/conference relationships. When yer #2 team in the conference pisses and moans about getting screwed on a BC$ bowl, and then gets beaten soundly by the #3 or #4 team from another conference, that's just :gomer:.

-Kevin