PDA

View Full Version : mp3 Player Help

dcracer
10-19-05, 09:47 PM
I've decided to move into the 21st century and get a portable mp3 player. I'm looking for input as to which player to get. I'm currently leaning towards flash memory over a mini hard drive. I also would prefer something other than an ipod, as I have several issues with the ipod. I'm probably looking at a mid range priced player and really haven't formed any other opions as to which player I want as of yet. Any input at all would be very much appreciated.

nrc
10-19-05, 11:41 PM
I'm partial to the Rio stuff myself, but the fact that they're shutting the doors is probably a negative unless you're looking for a bargain. I like the fact that they're tag based. If you have good ID3 tags in your music collection a tag based player is much nicer than a directory/file based player.

What features are important to you?

dcracer
10-20-05, 12:07 AM
What features are important to you?

Decent battery life, user replaceable, min 512MB of storage and decent sound quality. An FM tuner would be nice but not necessary.

I have to agrre with you on the Rio, I would have leaned towards that company if not for the fact they are going out of business.

Any thoughts on the Creative mp3 players, they seem to be decent.