PDA

View Full Version : MORE "Championshipcar" Confusion?

NismoZ
10-19-05, 08:43 AM
Well, I guess they're going to do it. Silver Crown guys opposed to going (further) into hock for the new USAC speedway car are forming the NCS, "National Championshipcar Series". :rolleyes: I must say, "Championship cars" was used quite awhile before "Champcar" became a popular abbreviation.

Andrew Longman
10-19-05, 09:27 AM
CART and Champ car lawyers must have missed this one by not trademarking it 6-7 years ago when CART began trying to reestablish the name to differentiate them from Indy cars. Also because they new that their license (or wantever) with IMS to use the term Indycar was ending.

Perhaps they tried and couldn't trademark it. But then why can USAC do it now (assuming they are trademarking the name of their business, which any business would do)

NismoZ
10-19-05, 04:52 PM
Exactly, I remember imploring CART via the old forum to make sure they protected Champcar, Champ Car and (my fav) ChampCar. I think I even mentioned "The Championship Trail" but I don't think I even thought of "Championshipcar"...I'd sue anyway. Sears even went after one of my favorite watering holes called "Prairie Rock Cafe" because it would cause confusion among their customers trying to locate the nearby Sears "Prairie Stone" business park development. :rolleyes: The judge laughed them out of court, but the ChampCar Series and Championshipcar series are in the SAME business and I think it's worth a shot. KK must have a lawyer or two available, or maybe they were consulted ahead of time? :confused:

cameraman
10-19-05, 05:57 PM
Well, I guess they're going to do it. Silver Crown guys opposed to going (further) into hock for the new USAC speedway car are forming the NCS, "National Championshipcar Series". :rolleyes: I must say, "Championship cars" was used quite awhile before "Champcar" became a popular abbreviation.

Has anyone made an official announcement about this?

I can't find a mention of it anywhere.

NismoZ
10-19-05, 06:50 PM
Was told it was in NSSN.

cameraman
10-19-05, 07:33 PM
Looks like Google News doesn't cover NSSN.

pchall
10-19-05, 07:38 PM
Looks like Google News doesn't cover NSSN.
Google considers Chris Econocranki irrelevant, too?

NismoZ
10-19-05, 11:06 PM
Thanks BUNCHES, ya made me look. It's there.

Rocketdoc
10-20-05, 03:47 AM
Google considers Chris Econocranki irrelevant, too?

Chris Econowacki has been in a brain coma for years.

pchall
10-20-05, 08:46 AM
Chris Econowacki has been in a brain coma for years.

It could be decades.