PDA

View Full Version : Bruno is out for the rest of the season

cameraman
10-18-05, 12:14 PM
Here is the post from the Brasilian part of his web site.
There isn't an english version of the post at the moment.

MIAMI (EUA) – Uma região paradisíaca até no nome (Surfers Paradise), um circuito de rua diferente de todos os outros, com retas largas e extensas, que proporcionam oportunidades de ultrapassagem e um público apaixonado, que lota as arquibancadas chova ou faça sol. Não é por acaso por que a etapa australiana da F-Mundial é uma das mais esperadas e elogiadas pelos pilotos da categoria. Vencer na Gold Coast, do outro lado do mundo, é uma emoção especial, como bem sabe o mineiro Bruno Junqueira (Banco Rural/RM Sistemas/Telemont) que, com um primeiro lugar merecido em 2004, levou a decisão do campeonato para o GP do México, que encerraria a temporada. Na fase final de recuperação do grave acidente sofrido nas 500 Milhas de Indianápolis, em que fraturou duas vértebras e um tornozelo, o mineiro vai acompanhar toda a movimentação da penúltima prova do campeonato – já decidido pelo companheiro na equipe Newman/Haas, Sebastien Bourdais – pela TV, de Miami, onde vive. A expectativa é de, em 2006, voltar ao topo do pódio do outro lado do mundo.

"Como sempre disse a etapa da Austrália é a minha favorita no calendário da ChampCar e não estar lá pela primeira vez em cinco anos não me deixa contente, mas não justificaria essa longa viagem para não estar correndo. Acompanharei a prova pela TV, mas sentindo muita falta de estar lá", destaca o mineiro, que acredita em uma corrida bastante movimentada, especialmente pelo fato de o campeonato já estar decidido. A novidade no grid é a presença de mais um australiano – o novato Will Power, que mostrou habilidade na F-3 inglesa, em que venceu corridas em 2004, e na Renault World Series. Ele pilotará o terceiro Lola/Cosworth da Walker Team Australia.
Considerando os problemas logísticos para a equipe e o pequeno espaço entre as corridas da Austrália e do México, Bruno, embora liberado pelos médicos, e a equipe Newman/Haas consideraram mais adequado não voltar às pistas na corrida mexicana, dia 6. A idéia é, tão logo encerrado o campeonato, retomar os testes com seu Lola, já pensando no próximo ano, e de modo a garantir uma readaptação tranqüila, e sem pressão.

"Nesse momento, com quase cinco meses completados desde o meu acidente já retomei todas as atividades normais da minha vida com exceção de uma, guiar o carro da F-Mundial, e estou ansioso para isso, mas entre eu e a equipe Newman/Haas decidimos esperar pela próxima temporada para o meu retorno as corridas, porém devemos ainda realizar dois dias de testes nesse ano. A Newman/Haas poderá novamente ficar com o campeonato e o vice-campeonato, e estarei no México para a última etapa da temporada para celebrar o sucesso da equipe nessa temporada".

A google translation of the above

MIAMI (U.S.A.) - a paradisiacal region even in the name (Surfers Paradise), a circuit of different street of all the others, with wide and extensive straight lines, that provide ultraticket chances and a gotten passionate public, who crowds the arquibancadas ones rains or makes sun. It is not by chance why the Australian stage of F-Mundial is one of the most waited and praised for the pilots of the category. To be successful in the Gold Coast, of the other side of the world, is a special emotion, as it knows miner Bruno Junqueira well (Bank Rural/RM Sistemas/Telemont) that, with a first place deserved in 2004, it took the decision of the championship for the GP of the Mexico, that would lock up the season. In the final phase of recovery of the serious accident suffered in the 500 Miles of Indianapolis, where he broke two vertebrae and an ankle, the miner goes to follow all the movement of the penultimate test of the championship - already determined for the friend in the Newman/Haas team, Sebastien Bourdais - for the TV, of Miami, where he lives. The expectation is of, in 2006, to come back to the top of the pódio of the other side of the world. "As it always said the stage of Australia is my favourite person or thing in the calendar of the ChampCar and not to be there in five years for the first time does not leave me contents, but it would not justify this long trip not to be running. I will follow the test for the TV, but feeling much lack to be there ", detaches the miner, who believes a sufficiently moving race, especially for the fact of the championship already to be determined. The newness in grid is the presence of plus an Australian - the novice Will Power, who showed ability in the English F-3, where won races in 2004, and in the Renault World Series. It will pilot the third Lola/Cosworth of the Walker Team Australia. Considering the logistic problems for the team and the small space it enters the races of Australia and Mexico, Bruno, even so set free for the doctors, and the Newman/Haas team had considered more adequate not to come back to the tracks in the Mexican race, day 6. The idea is, so soon locked up the championship, to retake the tests with its Lola, already thinking about the next year, and in order to guarantee a calm readjustment, and without pressure. "At this moment, with five months almost completed since my accident already I retook all the normal activities of my life with one exception, to guide the car of F-Mundial, and am anxious for this, but between I and the Newman/Haas team decide to wait per the next season for my return the races, however we must still carry through two days of tests in this year. The Newman/Haas could again be with the championship and the vice-championship, and will be in Mexico for the last stage of the season to celebrate the success of the team in this season ".

pchall
10-18-05, 12:47 PM
I'm happier with Bruno out of the car for the last races of the season. I know he is eager to race again, but the more healing time between the Crapwagonapolis 500 and his next race the better. A couple of N-H Racing late fall/early winter testing trips will be the better way to make his return to a champcar seat productive.

Insomniac
10-18-05, 03:46 PM
SpeedTV Link: http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/20236/

Insomniac
10-18-05, 03:47 PM
Too bad for Bruno. Looks like the team is sitting him to get a 1-2 in the standings. (Courtesy of Bourdais) Would've been nice to see him make his comeback this year.

JohnHKart
10-18-05, 07:28 PM
No surprise at all.....Seems like it was going to go this way all along.

John