PDA

View Full Version : Wild Danimal goes crazy, assaults retarded man ...

Ed_Severson
10-17-05, 04:10 PM
Check this (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=irl&id=2193863) out ... apparently Danimal and Jacques Lazier duked it out after they, er, exited the season-ender together.

Once the two drivers were in the rescue vehicle after the crash, Lazier initially said that Patrick punched him in the head. Lazier later recanted, going along with Patrick's explanation of a poke to the forehead.

"Look, we had a difference of opinion about what happened, and we were both emotional," Lazier told the Indianapolis Star on Sunday evening. "If she said she hit me on the temple with her fingers, that's fine. It doesn't matter."

"My son hits harder than she does," Lazier, whose son Kayden is 4, told the Press-Telegram.

Also buried at the end of this story is an absolute gem about The Chip:

Running a pink paint scheme in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness didn't change Target/Ganassi Racing's luck because Lazier's crash was unofficially the 28th of the season for the team. Steve Chassey, an insurance executive who raced Indy cars in the 1970s and '80s, estimated Ganassi's crash damage tab for the season is higher than for the entire Champ Car World Series field.

LOL @ Chippy. :D

TKGAngel
10-17-05, 04:22 PM
Hypothetical: If Lazier would have slapped, poked or tickled Danica in retaliation, would we congratulate him for finally bringing the princess down a peg, or roast him over an open fire for hitting a woman?

trauma1
10-17-05, 04:25 PM
double standards, bet he would have been arrested for battery, but the princess will get off scott free :thumdown:

pchall
10-17-05, 04:32 PM
Isn't Buddy the special child and Jacques just the one who is not gifted?

Jervis Tetch 1
10-17-05, 04:42 PM
Either way Lazier the Lesser is getting a black eye over this. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
10-17-05, 08:00 PM
Rats on a sinking ship often scuffle.

Andrew Longman
10-17-05, 09:10 PM
I think we can all agree that Danica fever is well, well beyond over the top. Grappled by a drowning series.

I think we can also agree that DP talent as a driver is yet to be determined. Nothing fantastic to be sure but competent for a rookie (and as an Atlantic driver). She's at a point where her career could go either way There is no manifest destiny. She's also no complete wanker

I think we can also agree that the expectations for her are way out of proportion to either her demonstrated talent or reasonable expectations given her experience.

Finally, I think we can find precious few examples where she clearly let the hype get to her head or was more boastful than her meager accomplishments. She has been pretty good about insulating her ego from all the hype around her.

Now if Jacques kept his cool and talent for 10% of the race compared to the crap she has had to take since April, then he'd be champion. The fact is, her on track performance aside, her cool though 05 demonstrates that she rightly has a few lessons for Jacques. If she got in his face, good for her. If he wacked her back, he would simply demonstrate the wanker he is.

Flame me as a DP apologist if you like, but he moved up on her (what he/she did for the rest of the race I can't say) but based on that I see another wanker overmatched by his situation bitchslapped by a girl who consistent finishes mid pack but ahead of him and 1/3rd of the other IRL wankers

Chief
10-18-05, 07:27 AM
So what you're saying is she'd have done well against folks like Tyce Carlson and Dr. Jack Miller, although the both of them would have wrecked her too (errr....moved up).

Andrew Longman
10-18-05, 07:45 AM
So what you're saying is she'd have done well against folks like Tyce Carlson and Dr. Jack Miller, although the both of them would have wrecked her too (errr....moved up).

Whatever. I don't want to get into it to make a very small point. She's been exploited by the league and she hasn't been very good on the track. But I think she has handled the situation and pressure this year pretty well off the track. That's all.

As for the deal Sunday, I can't speak for the rest of the race, but for the accident itself, no she shouldn't have moved up. It's Jacques job to lift if he is understeering into her. If she can hold the line, she gets the position.

As I said in another thread, I see Chip and Jacques just trying to stir things up to glomb some publicity off of DP. (Which is classless, but upon reflection is just how you do things in the IRL)

Finally, I don't think DP needs my sympathies. I'm sure she is doing well financially and pretty secure in her ride. I'm just trying to be fair.

trauma1
10-18-05, 08:33 AM
looking at the tape she was pinching him down to the line all day, and she knows damn well the cars coming off the corner are going to tend to wash up towards the wall. she's done this BS all year. she took out 4 cars at indy. she has alot to learn, and she's not as good as she thinks she is, and her father is one of the biggest asses there is, she's the last damn person to complain about a driver being all over the place, besides iv she's one of the biggest moving chicanes on the track, she gives no room in places she has no buisness doing so

Andrew Longman
10-18-05, 09:22 AM
looking at the tape she was pinching him down to the line all day, and she knows damn well the cars coming off the corner are going to tend to wash up towards the wall. she's done this BS all year. she took out 4 cars at indy. she has alot to learn, and she's not as good as she thinks she is, and her father is one of the biggest asses there is, she's the last damn person to complain about a driver being all over the place, besides iv she's one of the biggest moving chicanes on the track, she gives no room in places she has no buisness doing so

You saw more of her than I, so I'll take your word on her performance during the rest of the race and season. Her results are consistent with your assessment of her skill.

My point is only about the wreck itself. My read is, unlike a road coarse where the overtaking driver in a turn has to take into account that both cars are already at maximum braking (giving the braking point) and therefore must consider where the other car will exit the turn and allow room, on an oval they are on the throttle not the brake. I say again, if Jacques can't hold the line he has to take some speed off and allow the pass. And in any event on that particular laps there was at least three feet below Jacques to the line. He moved up to her, not the other way around.

But I'm dropping it. No point in dirtying up the place with a debate over Danica's talent or lack of it. No one, myself included, really cares

Methanolandbrats
10-18-05, 10:13 AM
This is also the best thread title ever :rofl: :thumbup:

G.
10-18-05, 10:17 AM
she's done this BS all year. she took out 4 cars at indy. she has alot to learn, and she's not as good as she thinks she is, and her father is one of the biggest asses there is, she's the last damn person to complain about a driver being all over the place, besides iv she's one of the biggest moving chicanes on the track, she gives no room in places she has no buisness doing soA bit harsh, methinks. Many, many drivers have been able to cleanly pass her all year. :laugh:

(and I agree with Andrew. mostly. She has been a mid-packer, with class.)

Gnam
10-18-05, 12:16 PM
As I said in another thread, I see Chip and Jacques just trying to stir things up to glomb some publicity off of DP. (Which is classless, but upon reflection is just how you do things in the IRL)
Looks like Jacques and Chip decided to go nuclear. :D

Back Markers Unveil Crash-Related Marketing Strategy
Teams have also been creating a strategy for the "nuclear option' wherein one of them get together with rookie sensation Danica Patrick (5-foot, 100 pounds). The strategy is risky, though, and will only be used when the rewards justify the death threats the driver who takes out Danica would get.

"Maybe if a sponsor is having a great big sale or something," said one driver. "But until then, I'm not going to risk being shot by a sniper from the top of the control tower for crashing into Danica."

link (http://pressdog.blogspot.com/2005/07/back-markers-unveil-crash-related.html)

Insomniac
10-18-05, 12:17 PM
My point is only about the wreck itself. My read is, unlike a road coarse where the overtaking driver in a turn has to take into account that both cars are already at maximum braking (giving the braking point) and therefore must consider where the other car will exit the turn and allow room, on an oval they are on the throttle not the brake. I say again, if Jacques can't hold the line he has to take some speed off and allow the pass. And in any event on that particular laps there was at least three feet below Jacques to the line. He moved up to her, not the other way around.

I didn't see the race or wreck. But you say Jacques needed to hold his line. I've never seen an oval race where the line was the shortest distance around the track (along the white line). Are you sure he moved more than normal?

cameraman
10-18-05, 12:27 PM
I guess you missed Seabass driving in the 2004 Las vegas race...

RichK
10-18-05, 12:37 PM
Totally Lazier's fault.

devilmaster
10-18-05, 02:16 PM
News reports today say that the IRL will 'investigate' :rofl: :laugh:

Insomniac
10-18-05, 03:51 PM
I guess you missed Seabass driving in the 2004 Las vegas race...

Yup. I'm surprised that was the fastest line. They normally push out on the exit of turns 2 and 4.

Either way, I didn't see it, so I have no opinion except when people are taking up both sides it's usually just one of those racing things. They both could've avoided it but neither wanted to.

Andrew Longman
10-18-05, 06:27 PM
I didn't see the race or wreck. But you say Jacques needed to hold his line. I've never seen an oval race where the line was the shortest distance around the track (along the white line). Are you sure he moved more than normal?

The shot was fairly tight on the two cars and it was not clear (to me anyway) were they were in the turn. Given where I recall they ended up I'd guess they were mid turn. FWIW though, relative to the white line DP maintained her distance from the line. JL started out about 3' and moved up about an additional 2', and not slowly and smoothly. There were at least two "jumps" to the right that put his right front into her right rear.

Someone tell me if racing etiquette on an oval is different, but I believe if I'm in front of you and I am following the fastest line and you can't avoid hitting me unless you lift, then you need to lift. Of course I may not trust you to do so if I want to finish the race.

Here's another guess from reading Pressdogs account. DP was running "extra downforce to help her run fast through the turn" said Goodyear. Perhaps with a little more front wing she was able to turn a tighter turn while Jacques suffered from having his front and jump around all day. Relative to where he could drive perhaps it did seem as if she was pushing him down all day. It would explain all the comments from the various parties.

pchall
10-19-05, 10:58 AM
Well, it all comes down to the Princess didn't win when she was told she was supposed to win.

Danica Patrick can go join Nancy Kerrigan at Disneyland in the Failed Cinderella Department.

Methanolandbrats
10-19-05, 11:06 AM
Danica Patrick can go join Nancy Kerrigan at Disneyland in the Failed Cinderella Department. I think Wheldon would have to hit her in the knee with one of his heavy shopping totes for that scenario to be accurate.

Ankf00
10-19-05, 11:19 AM
Yasukawa plays Yamaguchi?

pchall
10-19-05, 11:23 AM
Yasukawa plays Yamaguchi?

Kristie Yamaguchi has talent and class.

I'm not sure what Roger YesIsucka has... :rolleyes:

rabbit
10-19-05, 11:36 AM
Kristie Yamaguchi has talent and class.

I'm not sure what Roger YesIsucka has... :rolleyes:
Hondabucks

Sean O'Gorman
10-19-05, 11:45 AM
Danica was on Adam Carolla's TV show last night and she claims she only poked him and said "use your head." Adam told her she should've known better than to let a guy in a pink car named Jacques (who he later referred to as Jacques Lastrap) catch up to her. :laugh: