PDA

View Full Version : Champ Car Video Game Deal

Tifosi24
10-17-05, 03:16 PM
Was looking around on Autosport today and saw a headline that Champ Car signed a new video game deal. Not having a subscription I had to do some searching and found some information on who is doing it. The company who got the rights to it is Dice out of Sweden, which is who published the Rallisport series for Microsoft and the Swedish Touring Car game from years ago. They also claim to have done Nascar Heat, but that was the Viper Racing engine so they really had nothing to do with the development of the title. My guess is that Jester Interactive is doing the work for them from what I can gather. Jester has made two racing titles from what their website says, a TT motorcycle game that was just released and the Semi-Truck racing game from a couple years ago. The truck racing game was stillborn for the PC if I can recall, but I did have a chance to play the demo and it was quite good, it just didn't get any love for a PC release. Champ Car might have been better served if they had gone to ISI or IDT since they both have a proven track record and have just released new and very comprehensive physics engines.

I just found a press release on Black Hole Motorsports:
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/

CHAMPCARS4EVER
10-17-05, 03:28 PM
Champcar issued a press release for this last Friday. :)

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9732

CHAMP CAR WORLD SERIES ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE VIDEO-GAME DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP WITH SE GAMES AND JESTER INTERACTIVE PUBLISHING

pkvracing12
10-20-05, 12:48 AM
I wonder when the game will come out? I can hear my wallet opening already!

Ankf00
10-20-05, 12:52 AM
how is that champ car mod for the EA F1 game?

coolhand
10-20-05, 02:37 AM
how is that champ car mod for the EA F1 game?

it was pretty good, but IDT has scrapped completing that project and is making a new one bilt of rfactor

Tifosi24
10-20-05, 10:56 PM
Good call, working on doing stuff for rFactor is definately the way to go. Some people in the sim community disagree, but rFactor will be the wave of the future when it comes to car sim racing. The Champ Car mod will be a nice addition to the F3 mod, now I just need a new computer so that I can run the game above the bare minimum graphics. Now that mid-terms are over Team Wankerov can do some more testing.

Dougrun
10-22-05, 01:16 AM
it was pretty good, but IDT has scrapped completing that project and is making a new one bilt of rfactor

The re-release of the mod for F1C should happen next week sometime. We didn't "scrap" it. We're just releasing everything F1c related and moving on to RF. Theoretically, you could keep making F1C stuff forever but when would you consider it complete? The re-release will feature:
Seasons:2000, 2001, 2002 beta, 2003, 2004, 2005, Legends cars, 2005 Atlantics, LB Celica celebrity cars, and a secret hidden mod.
The mod will include a stand-alone executable as well as a CCC Launcher program. You will not need F1C to run the mod now at all. Keep in mind that the exe will only run the CCC and not any F1 or F1C mods.
Tracks will include bit not limited to:
New Long Beach
New and old Portland (new fest curve)
Edmonton
Denver
california
michigan
sebring
las vegas
homestead
texas
Motegi
surfers
nazereth
road america
rockingham
celeveland
and more...
Total download will be over 2GB of data in 3 different parts.

TurboTodd
10-22-05, 05:41 PM
The re-release of the mod for F1C should happen next week sometime. We didn't "scrap" it. We're just releasing everything F1c related and moving on to RF. Theoretically, you could keep making F1C stuff forever but when would you consider it complete? The re-release will feature:
Seasons:2000, 2001, 2002 beta, 2003, 2004, 2005, Legends cars, 2005 Atlantics, LB Celica celebrity cars, and a secret hidden mod.
The mod will include a stand-alone executable as well as a CCC Launcher program. You will not need F1C to run the mod now at all. Keep in mind that the exe will only run the CCC and not any F1 or F1C mods.
Tracks will include bit not limited to:
New Long Beach
New and old Portland (new fest curve)
Edmonton
Denver
california
michigan
sebring
las vegas
homestead
texas
Motegi
surfers
nazereth
road america
rockingham
celeveland
and more...
Total download will be over 2GB of data in 3 different parts.

OUTSTANDING! :thumbup: