PDA

View Full Version : RM puts out an RA Plea To KK et al

racer2c
10-17-05, 09:25 AM
Robin used his entire 90 seconds of airtime on Speed News to lay it out for the CC owners...you've got to get back to RA.

Is there such thing as an internet chant? RA! RA! RA!. Well there should be.

I was happy to see Robin make such an emphatic case for a return. I hope it happens.

Methanolandbrats
10-17-05, 09:53 AM
KK made some comment at a crappy street race that you "did'nt have to stand in a muddy field to watch the cars go by". With that attitude towards real racetracks, it does'nt look good.

racer2c
10-17-05, 10:16 AM
KK made some comment at a crappy street race that you "did'nt have to stand in a muddy field to watch the cars go by". With that attitude towards real racetracks, it does'nt look good.

Oh, I thought he was talking about Detroit. :)

Well, I do agree that it doesn't look that promising based on comments and new CC business model, but they need to realize, they'll have a much happier fan base if they had a calender full of 16 crappy street races and 1 Road America. It's that important.

rosawendel
10-17-05, 10:42 AM
Oh, I thought he was talking about Detroit. :)

good stuff. belle (sp?) isle was fun to watch on the tele, not so much in person.

NismoZ
10-17-05, 11:04 AM
This has been a persistent refrain from Robin and well received by most fans (and drivers) who remember the CART golden years. It would take some imagination on the part of the track and various race promoters and series owners, but in more solid economic times I see it as doable. A CC/DP race is on the horizon for Long Beach, why not Road America? A growing partnership with an expanding ALMS is in the future, why not Road America? Formula Atlantic? Mazda, the BMW's, GA, Trans Am or Speed GT? It all makes PERFECT sense...which is what sort of scares me, too! :rolleyes: RM is trying to create a groundswell of support, so if you agree, WRITE RA and CC and demand it! (I have! :) )