PDA

View Full Version : What have learned this week?

Andrew Longman
10-16-05, 07:00 PM
Honda is back, but its not clear how much they will fund teams, or it it?

Andretti plans on 4 cars, I guess they are getting Honda bucks

Rahal is dropping Miera, so it looks he's running 2 cars. So he is getting less funding and dropping his top points maker. Can't drop Danica and a former 500 winner can we?

Foyt the fourth is leaving for Busch. I have hunch its in part because Grandpop is hanging it up. Can't say some company like ABC is funding that whole team. Is TG making up the rest?

Chevy has left. Pennzoil and Panther is questionable

Red Bull confirmed they are out. Cheever says he has a contract with Toyota for engines but he made it clear that will not be enough to run the series. "We'll do what we can" he says.

Rockstar is rumored to be unhappy about having no races near their LV base. Talk is of them moving to CC.

Chip lost another chassis and still can't find a driver that won't destroy his stuff. (happy about that breast cancer awareness livery though)

No one in SoCal cares about the IRL. The place was empty and those there were no doubt part of Argent, Honda and Pioneer because, as Danica said, they are based there and brought a bunch of people.

Meanwhile, CCWS announces a new engine and chassis plan that will cut the cost of a car and parts 1/3-1/2 compared to the IRL and current CC formulas.

extramundane
10-16-05, 07:47 PM
Rockstar is rumored to be unhappy about having no races near their LV base. Talk is of them moving to CC.

They've been sponsoring J3's ALMS Porsche the last couple of rounds, so they may go that route entirely.

coolhand
10-16-05, 07:56 PM
I dont think sports cars have that big of a potential as OW.

rockstar had a precence in the PKV hospitality in LV. so they could be going that route.

If PKv were smart, they would invite rockstar down to surfers to see CCWS's potential in many places.

Fio1
10-16-05, 09:32 PM
Rockstar should put PJ Chassen in the car if they knew what was good for them. I like T.Enge very much, too much for IRL btw, and he is not the Rockstar spoksman they probably want. BTW, too many cheesee w*nkers and OC strippers running around the Rockstar car to be taken seriously anyways. Park the strech limo outside, because it takes too much room and takes 1/2 hour to make a u turn.

theunions
10-17-05, 01:04 AM
Where did you see that re: Vitor?

Andrew Longman
10-17-05, 08:56 AM
Where did you see that re: Vitor?

ABC had it on the broadcast yesterday. They said Vitor was "one of several driving for a job today"

Jervis Tetch 1
10-17-05, 09:33 AM
ABC had it on the broadcast yesterday. They said Vitor was "one of several driving for a job today"I heard that too. I don't think either Scheckter nor Enge will be back.

Hell, I don't even think Panther will be back. At least I hope not. Most of them are a bunch of idiots.

pchall
10-17-05, 10:30 AM
We also learned that Michelle Wie's DQ is more important than Danica Panica's wreck.

racer2c
10-17-05, 10:38 AM
I learned that even safety crew guy enjoy a good grab. Right Danica? :)

NismoZ
10-17-05, 04:56 PM
I learned Cheever is going to do a sportscar team and Panther gets Honda engines.

RichK
10-17-05, 05:12 PM
Chevy has left. Pennzoil and Panther is questionable

Pennzoil is out.

I liked Lazier's quote "This is breast awareness month."

Insomniac
10-18-05, 12:18 PM
We also learned that Michelle Wie's DQ is more important than Danica Panica's wreck.

Stupid reporter!

NismoZ
10-18-05, 09:06 PM
AND, if Chip and Roger CHOOSE to go with Honda for '06, do THEY have to buy out of Toyota contracts? I mean, why would Toyota "honor" their '06 committments if simply leaving now would save (and maybe even "make") money? If those 2 teams DO switch to Honda (and why in the world wouldn't they?) who is Toyota hanging around for? NOW, will Roger's Hondas be as "equal" as Mikey's? :p

stroker
10-18-05, 09:44 PM
AND, if Chip and Roger CHOOSE to go with Honda for '06, do THEY have to buy out of Toyota contracts? I mean, why would Toyota "honor" their '06 committments if simply leaving now would save (and maybe even "make") money? If those 2 teams DO switch to Honda (and why in the world wouldn't they?) who is Toyota hanging around for? NOW, will Roger's Hondas be as "equal" as Mikey's? :p

Won't FRP simply use the new Ilmore acquisition to be the agent rebuilding Toyota engines so they can "honor" their '06 contract (per their claims earlier this year)? Granted, there won't be any factory Toyota sponsorship yen, but they save a ton of case and it enables FRP to have his usual special engines.

BobN
10-18-05, 10:26 PM
Pennzoil is out.

I liked Lazier's quote "This is breast awareness month."

Which is probably the real reason Danica hit him. :D

trauma1
10-19-05, 08:16 AM
Stupid reporter!
stupid WIE she knew the rule, i'm not thrilled with her father's antics either, kind of like fanicias dad, she was getting $$ under the table for years from leadbetter and the bunch, they better let presser turn pro, remember the lpga commish told her no, but wie it's ok, presser will be the better player, she's at least won someting, unlike wie who like Dp hasn't won schit, wie turning pro is all about daddy making $$$,

Insomniac
10-19-05, 09:42 AM
stupid WIE she knew the rule, i'm not thrilled with her father's antics either, kind of like fanicias dad, she was getting $$ under the table for years from leadbetter and the bunch, they better let presser turn pro, remember the lpga commish told her no, but wie it's ok, presser will be the better player, she's at least won someting, unlike wie who like Dp hasn't won schit, wie turning pro is all about daddy making $$$,

I'm not saying she didn't make a mistake, but for the reporter to do what he did was wrong. He may say he was doing it for good reasons, but it just smells of malice. Her caddy was right. He should've said something the day before. Plus, even the people running the tournament didn't know if it was a bad drop. They had to get her, use some strings and figure out it was closer. Last I saw, golfers never pulled out strings. Part of it is the rule. She signed the scorecard and it was wrong. But I bet she wasn;t the only one who gained a few inches to a foot on a drop.