PDA

View Full Version : pbulicity ploy or what?

coolhand
10-16-05, 05:12 AM
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15806.html

pchall
10-16-05, 07:29 AM
Legge plans to compete in the Atlantic series again next year and hopes to move up to Champ Car in 2007. However, if she can impress in Formula 1 she may be able to fulfil her original ambition to become an F1 driver. The test has come about because of Legge's connections with Kalkhoven who, in addition to running PKV Racing, is also the owner of Cosworth, which supplies engines to Minardi.

emjaya
10-16-05, 07:47 AM
Publicity stunt no doubt,but Minardi under Stoddart has given a lot of young (and not so young) drivers a test drive.Good luck to her,hope she does well. :D

jonovision_man
10-16-05, 07:52 AM
Don't you mean "Squadra Toro Rosso"? :D

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=139839

jono

pchall
10-16-05, 09:42 AM
Don't you mean "Squadra Toro Rosso"? :D

jono

Scuderia Tororossa?

spinner26
10-16-05, 12:13 PM
The test has come about because of Legge's connections with Kalkhoven who, in addition to running PKV Racing, is also the owner of Cosworth, which supplies engines to Minardi.

Like I figured, just like the Kannan Honda deal, pre arranged, all for naut!

oddlycalm
10-16-05, 03:14 PM
If it was done for publicity they need a new PR director and I expect they would have gone for something that would actually get peoples attention. A test at Minardi is available for anyone that can pay or has the connections.

Partly a nice spiff for a strong rookie season, but I imagine it's mostly designed to get her some much needed seat time in more powerful and demanding cars. The champ car test she is getting is likely the first of many as well. Before they put her on the team they want to know if she's really got the chops.

oc

jonovision_man
10-16-05, 10:04 PM

Still cool as a publicity stunt and gives Legge a hell of an experience.

Interesting to see KK leveraging his F1 relationships, too, could be a sign of things to come? Red Bull to CCWS?

jono

Accipiter
10-18-05, 03:05 PM
The test has come about because of Legge's connections with Kalkhoven who, in addition to running PKV Racing, is also the owner of Cosworth, which supplies engines to Minardi.

I bet Legge's run gets more press than Kanaan's did.

cameraman
10-18-05, 05:57 PM
More press than Kanaan?
Greater than zero isn't too hard to do :rolleyes: