PDA

View Full Version : It's Hammer Time

TedN
10-15-05, 02:43 PM
Good Read on KK (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1129240216377&call_pageid=968867497088&col=969048871196&DPL=IvsNDS%2f7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes)

Ted

:thumbup:

spinner26
10-15-05, 02:49 PM
How'd them horse racing commercials go? PAY THE LADY, PAY THE LADY, PAY THE LADY!

The Amigo's are RUTHLESS I tell ya, RUTHLESS.

They are punking tony boy at every corner. :thumbup:

Stu
10-15-05, 02:55 PM
http://www.carniola.org/theglory/images/McHammer.gif

If Kevin Kalkhoven had been in Tony George's shoes back then, open wheel racing wouldn't be in the mess it is today. Kalkhoven, just like any good schoolyard bully, would never have let CART get up.

That quote pretty much sums up the views of the author. Good article.

cart7
10-15-05, 02:58 PM
But that last one has really got to hurt. George and others in the IRL, notably Michael Andretti and Bobby Rahal, have wanted to race in Toronto so badly that they could taste it.

In fact, Andretti was so sure a deal was in the works that he told Blue Jays president Paul Godfrey at last spring's IRL St. Petersburg street race that the league would be coming to Toronto before long.

Now, unless Andretti, et al, fold up their tents in the middle of the night and sneak off to join Champ Car, that ain't gonna happen.

:rofl: Let'em buy a ticket like every one else. :rofl:

chop456
10-15-05, 03:03 PM
"George the fair player". :laugh:

Fair by intent, or just too incredibly stupid to play with real businessmen?

devilmaster
10-15-05, 03:29 PM
All that really remains to be seen is if Danica Patrick can win her first race before the season — or the League — ends. :eek: :rofl:

GOFAST1
10-15-05, 04:23 PM
I'm going to say it again, that any man who for ten years spends his family money to destroy very thing that made that money in the first place(indy500) is to stupid to live.

formulaben
10-15-05, 05:05 PM
I'm going to say it again, that any man who for ten years spends his family money to destroy very thing that made that money in the first place(indy500) is to stupid to live.

We're just 1 helicopter crash away from reunification...

trish
10-15-05, 05:17 PM
We're just 1 helicopter crash away from reunification...
Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure KK has a chopper too.

NismoZ
10-15-05, 06:25 PM
They say Molstar ISN'T a part of the deal, but that negotiations are continuing...which leads me to believe it IS a part of the deal and if the $20 mil. figure is close to correct KK will be writing a check for MORE than just the race! :cool: I continue to be amazed (and pleased)...What's the old saying, "If you want it done right, do it yourself!" ? I'll see you in Toronto :D

Rocketdoc
10-15-05, 06:31 PM
These developing events bring some meaning to a recurring dream that I have: Tony Geroge being hit repeatedly in the eye with a ball peen hammer....

NismoZ
10-15-05, 06:41 PM
You know...that "hammer" thing was HIS idea, I don't think we should even mention it. Our hammer should be just a superior job being done by the 1-3 guys running the show we love to watch. Hammers aren't real sophisticated but the beating we see being put on the other side IS! :thumbup: (but I know what you mean! :D )

cart7
10-15-05, 07:51 PM
What was that old statement?:

Tony brought a hammer to a nailgun fight. :laugh:

Lizzerd
10-15-05, 09:10 PM
Tony may wield the euphemistic hammer, but KK's hammer is named "Sledge". Get it?

EVL29
10-15-05, 09:34 PM
"All that really remains to be seen is if Danica Patrick can win her first race before the season — or the League — ends."

For once,Norris McDumb@$$ gets a :thumbup:

nrc
10-15-05, 11:00 PM

Right. I don't think "fair play" had anything to do with it. George just wasn't willing ot put enough skin in the game.

nrc
10-15-05, 11:09 PM
This bit of good news was tucked away the bottom of the story...

Molson is no longer negotiating with NASCAR for a Canadian race. That doesn't mean that down the road, if NASCAR decides to come to Canada, that Molson wouldn't be interested in sponsoring a race, but there's nothing in the works any more.That's great news because it confirms that Moslon is divesting itself of non-essential businesses, not dumping Champ car specifically.

oddlycalm
10-16-05, 05:48 PM
Good news I guess. Beating a retarded weasel like TG at business isn't really much in the way of competition though. The headline I'm really waiting for is KK buying the IMS.

oc

Rocketdoc
10-16-05, 06:23 PM
"The headline I'm really waiting for is KK buying the IMS."

I would think that you'd see Penske buying the Speedway before KK.

Prehaps then, it would put an end to King George's madness.

oddlycalm
10-16-05, 06:43 PM
I would think that you'd see Penske buying the Speedway before KK. Doesn't matter to me if the Indiana Guano Producers buy it as long as mumbles is out of the picture for good.

oc

Anteater
10-16-05, 07:55 PM
Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure KK has a chopper too.

Don't know if KK has a chopper, but he does have a Gulfstream. BTW, that quote is a favorite of Robin Miller's--I heard him say it at the Vegas CCIC breakfast.

nrc
10-16-05, 08:01 PM
The Sagamore of the Wabash and his clan will never consider selling their property at 16th and Georgetown. It's their claim to Central Indiana Royalty and even in the worst scenario for the IRL it's still self supporting.

trish
10-16-05, 08:20 PM
The Sagamore of the Wabash and his clan will never consider selling their property at 16th and Georgetown. It's their claim to Central Indiana Royalty and even in the worst scenario for the IRL it's still self supporting.
Don't ruin everyones fantasies.

Insomniac
10-17-05, 08:06 AM

Maybe he meant fairway player to go with the golfer thing?

Jervis Tetch 1
10-17-05, 09:20 AM
Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure KK has a chopper too.Nah, a Learjet.

nrc
10-17-05, 10:26 AM
Nah, a Learjet.

A Learjet? Ouch. I guess that Gulfstream money was well spent. :saywhat:

NismoZ
10-17-05, 10:47 AM
Gulfstream 500, I believe. 5,800 mi. range at 51,000 feet, mach.89...heckuvan aircraft! All I know is when he goes to visit Cosworth in England he doesn't take British Airways! :D

formulaben
10-17-05, 12:06 PM
Nah, a Learjet.

Blasphemy! Fearjet is owned by Bombardier *cough cough gomertech cough*...KK's team is sponsored by GULFSTREAM. (http://www.gulfstream.com/g550/)

Ronbo
10-19-05, 01:02 AM

Who is the lucky soul who gets the job of reminding him to "inhale and exhale"?

pferrf1
10-19-05, 02:36 AM
Its a G5 - better known as GV.

I do believe this is Mr. Kalkhoven's plane:

http://www.airliners.net/photos/middle/3/0/9/874903.jpg

This plane can run from $25 to $40 Mil (used or new) I believe.