PDA

View Full Version : All Danica, all the time

jonovision_man
10-14-05, 11:21 AM
From Atlas/Autosport:

Patrick's Race to be Streamed Live
Thursday, 13 October 2005 11:19

Danica Patrick fans will be able to follow her final race of the season over the Internet this weekend.

As part of their coverage of this weekend's race, ESPN360.com will stream the entire Toyota Indy 400 from California Speedway live from Patrick's onboard camera to their users.

Viewers of the webcast will have the option of an audio mix of Patrick's in-car radio and natural sound from the car or ESPN's race commentary.

The race starts at 3.45pm Eastern time, or 7.45pm GMT.

jono

racer2c
10-14-05, 11:26 AM
When's the reality show begin?

devilmaster
10-14-05, 11:36 AM
wait for it.

jcollins28
10-14-05, 11:51 AM
Um why?

Sean O'Gorman
10-14-05, 11:55 AM
Heh, my guess is by next year at this time they'll be streaming "track cam" footage of IRL races on the Internet while ESPN2 shows Danica's in-car the whole time. :laugh:

Don Quixote
10-14-05, 12:08 PM
This is pathetic. Oh well, at least she will be mid pack or worse and most of the "action" will be happening in front of her. :shakehead

TKGAngel
10-14-05, 12:10 PM
For the love of everything holy! As if the broadcast partner's coverage wasn't Danica-filled already, this takes the cake. :shakehead

Heh, my guess is by next year at this time they'll be streaming "track cam" footage of IRL races on the Internet while ESPN2 shows Danica's in-car the whole time.

I can see the promos now..."See what its like to be one lap down. See what its like to drop back 5-10 positions on the start. Now introducing 'Danicavision.' Its all Danica, with none of those pesky other drivers getting in the way of your enjoyment of her racing style."

pedroskova
10-14-05, 01:16 PM
According to the weather forecast, you won't see anything...unless she wears just a tee shirt, and then you'll probably still see nothing.

devilmaster
10-14-05, 01:46 PM
Its all Danica, with none of those pesky other drivers getting in the way of your enjoyment of her racing style."

Doubt the partner could figure out how to do this.... The league couldn't.

rabbit
10-14-05, 01:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8705264016

Wabbit
10-14-05, 02:09 PM

Probably won by someone from trackforum who is really uninformed. :rofl:

devilmaster
10-14-05, 02:42 PM
The seller posted comments to this joel snyder winning bidder -

'Awesome Buyer! IMMEDIATE PAYMENT, Great communication! Great!!!

Seller gavronehud ( 49Feedback score is 10 to 49)

Oct-13-05 19:32 8705264016

:rofl: :rofl: :laugh:

TravelGal
10-14-05, 03:02 PM
When's the reality show begin?

But it already has. For all those who hate this and/or don't understand what's happening, it's ALREADY the country's next reality show. It's just that it's not on every week. That's why they are so fascinated and cannot get enough of it. The underdog, the exotic profession, the unpredictability (well, almost :rolleyes: ), it's current TV programming.

It's going to last a while, no matter what the pundits say. H L Mencken said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." If she ever gets the call, it will go on for another year. Sean may have thought he was joking but I'm betting they are already working on the ALL DANICA ALL THE TIME TRACK CAM. :shakehead

cart7
10-14-05, 05:11 PM

WTF, look at the list of bidders!

User ID
joel.snyder
thetruegen
twistybitz
moffgmb
twistybitz ( 8 )
twistybitz ( 8 )
twistybitz ( 8 )
iamyfds ( 1 )
cwarlock ( 7 ) :eek:
twistybitz ( 8 )

:gomer:

Gangrel
10-14-05, 05:48 PM
From Atlas/Autosport:

Quote:
Patrick's Race to be Streamed Live
Thursday, 13 October 2005 11:19

Danica Patrick fans will be able to follow her final race of the season over the Internet this weekend.

As part of their coverage of this weekend's race, ESPN360.com will stream the entire Toyota Indy 400 from California Speedway live from Patrick's onboard camera to their users.

Viewers of the webcast will have the option of an audio mix of Patrick's in-car radio and natural sound from the car or ESPN's race commentary.

The race starts at 3.45pm Eastern time, or 7.45pm GMT.

jono

So...what are they gonna' broadcast for the last 350 miles of the race? :eek:

:rofl:

Stu
10-14-05, 05:59 PM
According to the weather forecast, you won't see anything...unless she wears just a tee shirt, and then you'll probably still see nothing.

Like a couple of chocolate chips on top of 2 pancakes.

jonovision_man
10-14-05, 06:04 PM
So...what are they gonna' broadcast for the last 350 miles of the race? :eek:

:rofl:

Hey, haven't you always wanted the bird's-eye view of how they pack her car into the truck? :D

jono

jcollins28
10-14-05, 07:10 PM
Danica fever is now OVER! With Michelle Wei going pro ESPN has it's next female to pimp.

Car-B-Q
10-14-05, 10:49 PM
WTF, look at the list of bidders!

User ID
joel.snyder
thetruegen
twistybitz
moffgmb
twistybitz ( 8 )
twistybitz ( 8 )
twistybitz ( 8 )
iamyfds ( 1 ) <--------
cwarlock ( 7 ) :eek:
twistybitz ( 8 )

:gomer:

You forgot one there. :D

coolhand
10-14-05, 11:55 PM
who is twistybitz?

Winston Wolfe
10-15-05, 12:36 AM
Danica fever is now OVER! With Michelle Wei going pro ESPN has it's next female to pimp.

BINGO !

We have a Wie-ner !!!!

The "manufactured' racing season for the EARL is over, and could have have come at a better time to co-incide with the arrival of Michelle Wie, the next golf phenom.

Danica vision is about to be permanently taken off the air !

Chief
10-15-05, 11:14 AM
who is twistybitz?

A better question is who is Sarah Fisher?

chop456
10-15-05, 12:50 PM
who is twistybitz?

As the story was told to me, he was a Canadian guy. Big Carpentier fan, too. When Pat decided to end his career and go earling, he took a vow of poverty, gave away his millions to charity and basically assumed the hermit lifestyle in the woods of Northern Ontario with his dog and his musket. He supposedly roams the forests and waterways of the region, terrorizing the Moose and muttering unintelligibly from his canoe which he made out of Wolf skins and paraffin.

I think Neil Young wrote a song about it.

devilmaster
10-15-05, 12:53 PM
They say, at night by the full moon, if you listen real close, you can hear the mating call echo through the forest. 'patreeeeeeek'

Cam
10-15-05, 01:21 PM
gave away his millions to charity

He did keep enough cash in reserve for beer tho. :D

Stu
10-15-05, 02:53 PM

Except she's only like 16 so she cant do any FHM shoots yet.

devilmaster
10-15-05, 03:52 PM
Methinks Michelle Wie will be a train wreck down the road.

cart7
10-15-05, 06:04 PM
Methinks Michelle Wie will be a train wreck down the road.

I just saw her playing today for the first time.

For 16 years old she's already farther along the "development" curves than Danica. :laugh:

Stu
10-15-05, 07:47 PM
I just saw her playing today for the first time.

For 16 years old she's already farther along the "development" curves than Danica. :laugh:

Thats cuz I bet she is really 25. You know like those japanese kids who play in the little league world series but are really like 17 years old? I bet its the same thing.

Rocketdoc
10-16-05, 03:28 AM
What utter dreck.

The IRL has made this Danica thing into a carny-show.

Idjets.