PDA

View Full Version : BCS rankings

Pages : [1] 2

coolhand
10-13-05, 07:56 PM
I hear when the schedual somes out that Texas might be lower than #2 due to their weak opponents.

also, there are alot of unbeatens left.

Dec 2 will be the weekend with the

USC v. UCLA game

ACC championship game (Florida State v. Va Tech)

Big XII championship game

SEC title game (georgia v. Alabama!)

dando
10-13-05, 08:01 PM
I hear when the schedual somes out that Texas might be lower than #2 due to their weak opponents.

:D :gomer: :rofl:

If dats the case, my sides hurt. :laugh:

First BC$ poll due out Mon. Stay tuned for more @ 11.....

-Kevin

skaven
10-13-05, 10:00 PM
Upset Saturday -

USC goes down to Notre Dame
Colorado beats Texas :eek:

skaven
10-13-05, 10:05 PM
Dec 2 will be the weekend with the

ACC championship game (Florida State v. Va Tech)

Big XII championship game

SEC title game (georgia v. Alabama!)

We'll know morea about the SEC after two more weekends. A lot can happen between now and then. I'll take a rematch with Florida vs. Alabama in the title game. :thumbup:

dando
10-14-05, 07:45 PM
Upset Saturday -

USC goes down to Notre Dame
Colorado beats Texas :eek:
Any given Sat, but I doubt either will happen. But hey, if 'SC doesn't jump on ND early, they will be in for a fight to the final minute. Should be interesting. I may just hafta root fer ND. First time ever.

-Kevin

skaven
10-15-05, 10:04 AM
Both are long shots... but CU is playing well and UT is probably still hung over after crushing Okie.

I'll check in Sunday night when I get back to civilization. :)

dando
10-15-05, 05:03 PM
Both are long shots... but CU is playing well and UT is probably still hung over after crushing Okie.

I'll check in Sunday night when I get back to civilization. :)
UT 28 Buffs 0. 1st half. Buffs musta had recruiting weekend party last night. :gomer:

Keeping fingers xossed for ND to pull the upset. 21-14, 'SC just intercepted in end zone. w00t!

In other news, Bucks win ugly over MSU, Purdon't officially stinks, Badgers win the axe. PSU is stinking it up in the Big House. :mock surprise: Hawkeyes, is that a field or a cow pasture? That field looks like cr@p. Y'all should be ashamed and forced to forfeit the IU W. :gomer:

Gay Goters losing to Tiggers, 'bama sneaks one out against Ole Miss.

-Kevin

dando
10-15-05, 05:11 PM
Oh, and note to MSU fan: tackling and special teams are fundamentals of the game. You can't be a good team w/o them. 2 blocked FGs in a game is pathetic, but I ain't bitching about it. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-15-05, 07:20 PM
PSU = :cry:

:gomer:

Heckuva game.

C'mon Irish!

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-15-05, 07:20 PM
Mich > PSU > OSU. :gomer:

dando
10-15-05, 07:26 PM
Mich > PSU > OSU. :gomer:
Except that we'll disprove that theorem @ the end of the season. :D BTW, yer trying to use Ank logic, which I would advise against.

Sorry about yer Bears. Or maybe not. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-15-05, 07:43 PM
'SC/ND. Wow!

****!

-Kevin

Stu
10-15-05, 07:45 PM
so Ohio State beat Michigan State who beat Michigan who beat Penn State who beat Ohio State :confused:

Thats college football.

dando
10-15-05, 07:53 PM
so Ohio State beat Michigan State who beat Michigan who beat Penn State who beat Ohio State :confused:

Thats college football.
Michigan beat MSU, which beat ND, which almost beat USC, which will be the living **** out of Cal. In the end, Cal sucks. :D

I think it's called any given Saturday, with variables like home field playing a huge factor this day and age due to the parity.

BTW, I called the ND and UT games.

:bows: :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-15-05, 08:07 PM
Michigan beat MSU, which beat ND, which almost beat USC, which will be the living **** out of Cal. In the end, Cal sucks. :DMichigan was a BCS team last year. :gomer:

dando
10-15-05, 08:37 PM
Michigan was a BCS team last year. :gomer:
:confused: Not sure WTF that has to do with the price of tea in China, but dats not unusual for yer hater centric posts. :shakehead

Oh, and OSU trashed them. FU. :p

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
10-15-05, 08:39 PM
:confused:Figures. :laugh:

coolhand
10-15-05, 09:01 PM
good weekend :thumbup: :thumbup:

i thought SC lost 4 times that game

dando
10-15-05, 09:13 PM
Figures. :laugh:
Uh yeah. :shakehead Simply making a point, something you fail to do consistently, that your comment had nothing to do with the current state of affairs in college football. As if U/M's BC$ status LAST season has anything to do w/today. FACT: U/M is 1 of 4 vs. OSU and ND the past four years, 0 fer 6 in roadie openers the past 6 years, and 1 of 5 in bowl games the past 5 years. If you want some facts, stick those in yer pipe and smoke them. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
10-15-05, 09:44 PM
good weekend :thumbup: :thumbup:

i thought SC lost 4 times that game
Hats off to Charlie and crew. They clearly have their **** together, and put the talking heads in their place.

Kudos to 'SC as well. Games like this make champions.

-Kevin

Car-B-Q
10-15-05, 10:24 PM
But hey, if 'SC doesn't jump on ND early, they will be in for a fight to the final minute.

-Kevin
Man you must be psychic! Heck of an ending.

coolhand
10-16-05, 12:35 AM
SC has been able to pull out every close game the past 4 years sans the 3 OT loss to Cal in 2003.

Leintert had a horrible game, but came out with CLUCTH plays in that final drive.

dando
10-16-05, 01:18 PM
And then there were 5...FSU and PSU fall from the ranks of the unbeaten. Realistically there are only 4 unbeatens, as the Dawgs and Tide may hafta face each other in the SEC championship. Hokies, Dawgs, Tide all have tuff games coming up, 2. Will the Hokies or Dawgs have enuff points to jump UT in the first BC$ poll tomorry? We shall see...

EDIT: there are 7 unbeatens left. I overlooked the Red Raiderz and Broons.

First BC$ poll released:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/abcsports/BCSStandings

-Kevin

dando
10-16-05, 01:22 PM
Man you must be psychic! Heck of an ending.
Yeah, but I dint call it to the final second. :eek: ;)

To have two endings (UM/PSU) like that w/in 15 minutes was incredible, and those weren't the only fantastic finishes yesterday! Bama/Ole Miss, Badgers/Gophers, UCLA/Wazzu, and WVU/Louisville were all great endings. And LSU/UF wasn't too bad either. College foosball is the best game out there by far. :thumbup:

-Kevin

skaven
10-17-05, 01:16 AM
UT 28 Buffs 0. 1st half. Buffs musta had recruiting weekend party last night. :gomer:

:eek: Ouch. Guess I was wrong. Some Buff DE was on the radio, and he "guaranteed" they'd show up. Guess not... :gomer:

Sucks about the Goters. Even if they beat UGA and FSU, best they can hope for is a Capital One berth. Bummer. :mad:

cartman
10-17-05, 05:57 PM
:eek: Ouch. Guess I was wrong. Some Buff DE was on the radio, and he "guaranteed" they'd show up. Guess not... :gomer:

Sucks about the Goters. Even if they beat UGA and FSU, best they can hope for is a Capital One berth. Bummer. :mad:

Florida looks horrible. I think Leak has more interceptions than completions so far this year. There's absolutely 0 possibility of Florida playing in the SEC Championship.

It's going to be UT vs. USC in the Natl. Championship game while 2 undefeated teams from the 2 best conferences in football (SEC & ACC) get completely hosed.

USC cheats. I don't want to cut their talent short, they are certainly an impressive team, but there should've only been 2 seconds on the clock after that ball went out of bounds and Reggie Bush pushed Leinart in for the touchdown which is also totally illegal. No wonder Caroll didn't want any instant replay in that game, then they wouldn't be able to cheat and pull a fast one on the refs (Pac 10 refs for that game btw). USC has a swiss cheese defense and if they played in a real conference there's no way they would have 28 wins in a row. The Pac 10 is probably like the 5th or 6th strongest conference in football. Yes I am totally being a hater here, but I'm so sick of seeing this team get so many props while playing in such a patsy conference.

I certainly don't think that my Dawgs would beat USC but I think VT is scary this year and would wipe the floor with USC's swiss cheese defense. USC would still put up 30+ points, but so would VT. Unfortunately, barring some kind of miracle, that won't happen.

We'll see you in 2 weeks skaven and you'd better hope that Leak is cured of his pickitis because my Dawgs have proven that they're hungry for picks this year. GO DAWGS!!!

BCS stands for Bull Crap Systemology.

skaven
10-17-05, 07:29 PM
Florida looks horrible. I think Leak has more interceptions than completions so far this year. There's absolutely 0 possibility of Florida playing in the SEC Championship.

<snip BCS rant>

We'll see you in 2 weeks skaven and you'd better hope that Leak is cured of his pickitis because my Dawgs have proven that they're hungry for picks this year. GO DAWGS!!!

Yeah, there is no way UGA will lose twice in SEC play with their remaining schedule. Congrats with that. I still hope the Goters can find an offense and beat UGA and FSU to finish out the season. I thought Urban would do better, but he's never had to scheme against SEC uber-athletes.

Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with beating the hated Vols.

Ankf00
10-19-05, 02:12 AM
the reggie bush play happens every saturday in every game on every short yardage run up the gut. the resulting spot is the messed up part, but **** happens, no excuse for ND not to make the stop after Leinert's stuffed up the middle... anyone else think ND had their midget nickel package in for that play? the guys didn't look big enough to be the goal-line package, looked like a buncha DB's...

someone explain to me how ND losing is somehow proof they're a top 10 team even though they have 2 losses and 3 of 4 wins over nobodies like Pitt and Washington... michigan state beat them, are a 2 loss team with an OT loss to Michigan and lost at Ohio State yet they're 13 or whatever spots behind? Oregon lost 1 game to SC, and beat ASU, a heck of a better resume than ND has... Again, the AP is no holier than the coaches'...

Oh wait, I forgot, ND played the greatest game EVER :rolleyes: This ranking's not quite on the level of BS as 1966 when Alabama was undefeated and suddenly fell from #1 to #3 b/c MSU and ND tied 6-6 in the greatest game EVER... because ND's just THAT good, they deserve a national title for a tie.

http://www.archive.org/download/BeforeOklahomaGame/Vlog.wmv

funny video, the locker room before OU... check out the big white O-line guys dancing :laugh:

Ankf00
10-19-05, 02:18 AM
dp

coolhand
10-19-05, 03:46 AM
I am sorry to see that video :gomer:

anyway, Nd is in the top ten because they are Notre Dame nothing more.

UCLA and Oregon both should be ahead of them. Oregon played very well against SC.

The computer has it right with ND being way down there.

Dr. Corkski
10-19-05, 04:13 AM
I am sorry to see that video :gomer:

anyway, Nd is in the top ten because they are Notre Dame nothing more.

UCLA and Oregon both should be ahead of them. Oregon played very well against SC.

The computer has it right with ND being way down there.Oregon played so well that they only lost by 32 to USC. Arizona must have dominated USC, since they only lost by 21. :laugh:

UCWestwood has been squeaking out wins against far weaker opponents than what ND has faced. The only reason they should be ahead of ND is because they haven't performed their annual choke job yet.

Ankf00
10-19-05, 09:25 AM
hey, come on now, get it right, it's "Wankers from Westwood" TM.

coolhand
10-19-05, 01:46 PM
name a team ND beat with a winning record

Ankf00
10-19-05, 02:30 PM
name a team ND beat with a winning record

Michigan

dando
10-19-05, 06:50 PM
the reggie bush play happens every saturday in every game on every short yardage run up the gut. the resulting spot is the messed up part, but **** happens, no excuse for ND not to make the stop after Leinert's stuffed up the middle... anyone else think ND had their midget nickel package in for that play? the guys didn't look big enough to be the goal-line package, looked like a buncha DB's...

someone explain to me how ND losing is somehow proof they're a top 10 team even though they have 2 losses and 3 of 4 wins over nobodies like Pitt and Washington... michigan state beat them, are a 2 loss team with an OT loss to Michigan and lost at Ohio State yet they're 13 or whatever spots behind? Oregon lost 1 game to SC, and beat ASU, a heck of a better resume than ND has... Again, the AP is no holier than the coaches'...

Oh wait, I forgot, ND played the greatest game EVER :rolleyes: This ranking's not quite on the level of BS as 1966 when Alabama was undefeated and suddenly fell from #1 to #3 b/c MSU and ND tied 6-6 in the greatest game EVER... because ND's just THAT good, they deserve a national title for a tie.

http://www.archive.org/download/BeforeOklahomaGame/Vlog.wmv

funny video, the locker room before OU... check out the big white O-line guys dancing :laugh:

d00d, one word:

God.

/amen

-Kevin

coolhand
10-19-05, 09:15 PM

It's going to be UT vs. USC in the Natl. Championship game while 2 undefeated teams from the 2 best conferences in football (SEC & ACC) get completely hosed.

USC cheats. I don't want to cut their talent short, they are certainly an impressive team, but there should've only been 2 seconds on the clock after that ball went out of bounds and Reggie Bush pushed Leinart in for the touchdown which is also totally illegal. No wonder Caroll didn't want any instant replay in that game, then they wouldn't be able to cheat and pull a fast one on the refs (Pac 10 refs for that game btw). USC has a swiss cheese defense and if they played in a real conference there's no way they would have 28 wins in a row. The Pac 10 is probably like the 5th or 6th strongest conference in football. Yes I am totally being a hater here, but I'm so sick of seeing this team get so many props while playing in such a patsy conference.

I certainly don't think that my Dawgs would beat USC but I think VT is scary this year and would wipe the floor with USC's swiss cheese defense. USC would still put up 30+ points, but so would VT. Unfortunately, barring some kind of miracle, that won't happen.

a real conference? Oregon, ASU, UCLA, and USC are all in the top 25

the pac-10 seems to be doing pretty well.

I had to listened to ignorant babble like you spilled here all the time prior to the the Orange Bowl last year about how a team from a real conference would defeat USC.

but USC bent OU over and went at it.

the SEC has not produced **** in along time

Stu
10-19-05, 09:29 PM
Ank just remember, rankings dont mean squat until the final week.

Dr. Corkski
10-19-05, 09:33 PM

I had to listened to ignorant babble like you spilled here all the time prior to the the Orange Bowl last year about how a team from a real conference would defeat USC.

the SEC has not produced **** in along timeASU isn't in the top 25. :gomer:

Ankf00
10-19-05, 09:33 PM
ASU is 3-3, U of O has only beaten Fresno w/ a winning record, UCLA has left southern california ONE time so far, you saw what a real road game did to Penn St, on top of that UCLA has barely squeaked by for a few weeks in a row now, Cal's dropped 2 in a row now. No one in the Pac-10 has come close to toppling USC, translation: 1 team conference, much like the big 12.

quit whining about east coast bias when none of your teams know how to bring it.

Texas Tech 45
California 21

remember that one? :gomer:

coolhand
10-19-05, 10:06 PM
when was that game? i dont remember.

but i think it is pretty weak that people bash USC for their conference when they have shown they can play.

Ankf00
10-19-05, 10:16 PM
yep, losing to U of A, U of O, and ASU at the half, that's pounding 'em into oblivion ;) we'll see how it pans out in the end, and the PAC-10 still blows, SC's opened themselves up to criticism all on their own, but they've got the W's and that's all that matters, unless you're Notre Dame in which case a tie or a loss is better than other teams' wins...

SC wins by 1 it's "gutty", Texas D dominates OSU and they "got lucky." you shouldn't be the one talking about criticisms;)

coolhand
10-19-05, 10:47 PM
Pacific-10 Conf All
USC (1) 3-0 6-0
UCLA (8) 3-0 6-0
Oregon (15) 3-1 6-1
Oregon State 2-1 4-2
Stanford 2-1 3-2
California (25) 2-2 5-2
Arizona State 1-2 3-3
Washington State0-3 3-3
Washington 0-3 1-5
Arizona 0-3 1-5

--------------------

Big Twelve Conf All
North Division
Nebraska 2-1 5-1
Colorado 2-1 4-2
Missouri 2-1 4-2
Kansas State 1-2 4-2
Iowa State 0-3 3-3
Kansas 0-3 3-3
South Division
Texas (2) 3-0 6-0
Texas Tech (10) 3-0 6-0
Texas A&M 2-1 4-2
Oklahoma 2-1 3-3
Baylor 1-2 4-2
Oklahoma State 0-3 3-3

Looks like Texas is facing their second and last tough game of the season until bowl season.
-----------

Southeastern Conf All
East
Georgia (4) 4-0 6-0
Florida (18) 3-2 5-2
Tennessee (17) 2-2 3-2
Vanderbilt 2-2 4-3
South Carolina 1-3 3-3
Kentucky 0-2 1-4
West
Alabama (5) 4-0 6-0
Auburn (16) 3-0 5-1
LSU (7) 3-1 4-1
Arkansas 0-3 2-4
Mississippi 0-3 2-4
Mississippi State 0-4 2-4
-----------------

Ok there are the other "tough" conferences.

I dont see how you can make a case that the Pac-10 is any weaker. The fact dont lie, butwe can go into more depth.

oh yeah.

Tennesee is 2-2 3-2
and cal is 2-2 5-2 but tenn is 1 and cal is 25? :saywhat:

Ankf00
10-19-05, 10:53 PM
yes, Tennessee has lost to Georgia and won in Baton Rouge, Cal has played UCLA, do you really want to go there?

The Pac-10 is STILL as weak as the big 12

LSU already GI'ed ASU in Sun Devil Stadium, SEC has 3 top 10 teams, and Auburn can take anyone outside of SC in the Pac-10 with their D. UCLA's like Michigan State minus the win over 4-2 ND :gomer: and then there's Stanford who lost to D-2 UC Davis... a division TWO team... :shakehead:

Ankf00
10-19-05, 11:12 PM
when was that game? i dont remember. It was called the Pacific Life "We're really #4 and belong in the Rose Bowl but suck too badly to even compete with Big 12 #4 Sand Aggy, so we're just gonna whine about Mack Brown being a mean person" Holiday Bowl

coolhand
10-19-05, 11:25 PM
LSU got lucky in tempe.

and UC Davis has a good program, I know somone who played for them :p

cartman
10-20-05, 11:53 AM

the SEC has not produced **** in along time

Really? Let's take a look at recent history:

2005 (up to week 8) -
4 Pac 10 teams in top 25, 6 SEC teams
2 Pac 10 teams in top 10, 3 SEC teams
Georgia #4, Alabama #5, LSU #7, Auburn #16, Tennessee #17, Florida #18
USC #1, UCLA #8, Oregon #15, Cal #24 (You must have Cal and ASU confused, I don't see ASU in the top 25 of any poll currently)

2004 -
3 Pac 10 teams in final top 25, 4 SEC teams.
Auburn #2, Georgia #7, Tennessee #13, LSU #16
USC #1, Cal #9, Arizona #19

2003 -
2 Pac 10 teams in final top 25, 4 SEC teams
LSU #2, Tennessee #6, Georgia #11, Florida #17
USC #1, Washington St. #15

2002 -
2 Pac 10 teams in final top 25, 5 SEC teams
Georgia #4, Alabama #13, Auburn #19, Florida #22, Arkansas #25
USC #5, Washington St. #7

I think you can see the trend here, the numbers speak for themselves.

A constructive argument would've been nice, but I see that you must be the type of mature person that has to resort to name calling by calling me ignorant and using curse words to refer to the SEC. I suppose by saying that "USC bent OU over and went at it" you are suggesting that USC is homosexual?

Saying the SEC hasn't done anything in a long time is probably the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this forum. Refer to the above statistics if you still have questions.

I guess it was wrong of me to infer that the Pac 10 isn't a "real" conference, every conference is a real conference. I bet though that if you took a poll of every professional college football analyst that they would all list the SEC, ACC, Big 10 and Big 12 as stronger conferences than the Pac 10. Nice try though.

dando
10-20-05, 08:33 PM
Really? Let's take a look at recent history:

2005 (up to week 8) -
4 Pac 10 teams in top 25, 6 SEC teams
2 Pac 10 teams in top 10, 3 SEC teams
Georgia #4, Alabama #5, LSU #7, Auburn #16, Tennessee #17, Florida #18
USC #1, UCLA #8, Oregon #15, Cal #24 (You must have Cal and ASU confused, I don't see ASU in the top 25 of any poll currently)

2004 -
3 Pac 10 teams in final top 25, 4 SEC teams.
Auburn #2, Georgia #7, Tennessee #13, LSU #16
USC #1, Cal #9, Arizona #19

2003 -
2 Pac 10 teams in final top 25, 4 SEC teams
LSU #2, Tennessee #6, Georgia #11, Florida #17
USC #1, Washington St. #15

2002 -
2 Pac 10 teams in final top 25, 5 SEC teams
Georgia #4, Alabama #13, Auburn #19, Florida #22, Arkansas #25
USC #5, Washington St. #7

I think you can see the trend here, the numbers speak for themselves.

A constructive argument would've been nice, but I see that you must be the type of mature person that has to resort to name calling by calling me ignorant and using curse words to refer to the SEC. I suppose by saying that "USC bent OU over and went at it" you are suggesting that USC is homosexual?

Saying the SEC hasn't done anything in a long time is probably the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this forum. Refer to the above statistics if you still have questions.

I guess it was wrong of me to infer that the Pac 10 isn't a "real" conference, every conference is a real conference. I bet though that if you took a poll of every professional college football analyst that they would all list the SEC, ACC, Big 10 and Big 12 as stronger conferences than the Pac 10. Nice try though.
Hey now, the Big East makes the Pac 10 look good amongst BC$ conferences. :gomer:

-Kevin

cartman
10-21-05, 01:57 PM
Hey now, the Big East makes the Pac 10 look good amongst BC$ conferences. :gomer:

-Kevin

The Big East may as well be the MAC, WAC or Conference USA after all the good teams left it for the ACC.

Ankf00
10-21-05, 08:55 PM
WAC MAC and CUSA STILL can't hang with big east afterwards... hoeppner's at IU, marshall lucked out at KSu and KSU had freshmen out there.... the only shame about last year's bcs rules is that utah didn't get to face a team like cal.... in which case they would've been whupped, aaron rodgers would've withdrawn to his throbbing ***** after the collosall ass whuppin and the rest of the world would've moved forward.... oh well, F the haters.

dando
10-24-05, 02:54 PM
Even more reason to consider the BC$ flawed:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2202387

Texas, which was second last week, has a BCS average of .9763. Now second-place USC grades out at .9756.

:D

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-24-05, 03:04 PM
but wait, I thought Texas hasn't played anybody and the Pac-10 schedule is the toughest around :gomer:

this won't last after we play Okie St, Baylor, and Kansas, but whatever. Stillwater, Waco, Austin, College Station, Houston, then on to Pasadena hopefully :gomer:

dando
10-24-05, 03:59 PM
but wait, I thought Texas hasn't played anybody and the Pac-10 schedule is the toughest around :gomer:

this won't last after we play Okie St, Baylor, and Kansas, but whatever. Stillwater, Waco, Austin, College Station, Houston, then on to Pasadena hopefully :gomer:

OSU > ND

Computers like UT better.

-Kevin

Stu
10-24-05, 05:16 PM
OSU > ND

Computers like UT better.

-Kevin

does any of this even matter til the last 2 weeks of the season?

coolhand
10-24-05, 09:05 PM
bull ****, what justification is there to demote the reigning national champs who are still undefeated this season?

:shakehead

this will prbably shake around a bit from now on. but this is having shades of 2003 :thumdown:

Ankf00
10-24-05, 09:08 PM
what have you done this year? last year's done with, over, last year's defense is gone too. Last year has absolutely no impact on this year. OU is proof enough of last year doesn't matter. 2003 hurts? Try not losing to a buncha dweebs from Berkeley next time :gomer:

you'll be #1 in BCS in 2 weeks, not like it matters unless you're #3 anyways, if being #1 in all computer polls is that important, try getting the rest of your conference to get defenses ranked better than #98 UCLA :gomer:

skaven
10-24-05, 09:31 PM
bull ****, what justification is there to demote the reigning national champs who are still undefeated this season?

:shakehead:

Demoted :rofl:

Uranus is Demoted (http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0112/31uranusmoon/) :gomer:

Whereas S/1986 U 10 is no longer a moon, USC will get a chance to play for the national title if they win out.

I'd say today UT would beat USC. Given three weeks to prep, I might have to give the nod to USC. USC's coaching is worth at least 7 points with three weeks to prepare.

Ankf00
10-24-05, 09:33 PM
:rofl: Gay Goters!!!! Kill UGa. :D

Sean O'Gorman
10-24-05, 09:45 PM
All of this will be irrelevent anyway once Texas loses to A&M, spurring the greatest meltdown in OC history. :D

skaven
10-24-05, 09:50 PM
Ya... Goters are only team that can beat all the other three undefeateds (is that a word). :gomer:

Next week, beat a Shockley-less UGa.

UGa goes on to lose vs. Auburn.

Goters win SEC East and get rematch vs. Alabama.

V Tech gets screwed out of the Rose Bowl and Goters get to beat them too.

Oh yeah, we'll take out Spurrier and Old Bowden along the way.

Vanderbilt too.... :flame:

And I haven't even started drinking yet tonight... :D

I am simply drunk on Goter power ! ! ! !

coolhand
10-24-05, 10:21 PM
All of this will be irrelevent anyway once Texas loses to A&M, spurring the greatest meltdown in OC history. :D

:laugh: :laugh:

I feel better now, herbie was on ESPN saying this is a one week anomaly and that USC has 3 ranked oponents left and UT has 0.

he says that VT which has alot of tough teams left could still take #2 from texas at the end of the season. :D

Ankf00
10-24-05, 10:34 PM
won't happen if we win out, keep wetting your pants at the chance to not to be GI'ed by Vince Young though... :gomer:

dando
10-24-05, 11:17 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

I feel better now, herbie was on ESPN saying this is a one week anomaly and that USC has 3 ranked oponents left and UT has 0.

he says that VT which has alot of tough teams left could still take #2 from texas at the end of the season. :D
Yeah, but us OSU cats don't know jack. :gomer:

You hope SC has three ranked teams left to play, but Cal and Fresno St are tenuous @ best. I'll also wager that UCLA will not be unbeaten @ the end of the season when they play SC. Just my take...I just haven't been impressed, and I've seen them a couple of times now.

However, I do believe that SC and UT will play for the BC$ cup, and it will likely be SC #1 and UT #2 becuz the rest of the Big Twinkie is just plain stinky. re: Va Tech...Va Tech plays an enigmatic BC and then Miami...UVA is @ UVA, and they are just as screwy as BC. Miami? Not sure what to make of them. They lost to FSU in a very stinky game, and then struggled to beat a now unranked (or just rank) Clemson. I'm just not sold on the kwality of the ACC as it appears in the polls, but we'll see.

YMMV.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-25-05, 12:46 AM
the Miami D's been solid this whole time and Kyle Wright's markedly better than the first couple weeks of the season, same goes for Drew Weatherford, that's what happens when 2 freshmen are playing their first ever games at QB...

ACC, like SEC, has some damn athletic defenses this year, Kyle Wright and Drew Weatherford were highly sought for good reason and they're starting to show it.

Top 50 Defenses, Games Played, Pts/Game, gee, no Pac-10 defenses show up in the top 25, Cal at #29, SC at #37, Oregon at #50 :gomer:

Virginia Tech 7 9.0
Miami (FL) 6 10.0
Alabama 7 10.1
Auburn 7 12.0
Georgia 7 13.7
Boston Coll. 7 14.0
Texas 7 14.4
Connecticut 7 14.6
Ohio St. 7 14.6
Tennessee 6 16.0
Florida 7 16.1
Penn St. 8 16.3
Mississippi 7 16.4
Middle Tenn. St. 6
Florida St. 7 17.4
Fresno St. 6 17.7
Iowa 8 17.9
Nebraska 7 17.9
Colorado 7 18.0
LSU 6 18.0
Toledo 7 18.6
South Florida 6 18.7
Rutgers 7 18.7
Iowa St. 7 18.9
Baylor 7 19.4
Pittsburgh 8 19.5
Michigan 8 19.5
West Virginia 7 20.0
California 8 20.1
UTEP 6 20.3
Kansas 7 20.9
Georgia Tech 6 21.0
Clemson 7 21.1
TCU 8 21.3
Virginia 7 21.6
USC 7 21.6
Texas Tech 7 21.6
N.C. State 6 22.2
Cent. Michigan 7 22.4
Maryland 7 22.7
Northern Illinois 7 22.9
Arkansas St. 7 23.1
Wyoming 8 23.1
Memphis 7 23.3
Tulsa 8 23.3
UAB 7 23.3
Texas A&M 7 24.1
Syracuse 7 24.4
Mississippi St. 7 24.4
Oregon 8 24.5

cartman
10-25-05, 12:47 AM
Ya... Goters are only team that can beat all the other three undefeateds (is that a word). :gomer:

Next week, beat a Shockley-less UGa.

UGa goes on to lose vs. Auburn.

Goters win SEC East and get rematch vs. Alabama.

V Tech gets screwed out of the Rose Bowl and Goters get to beat them too.

Oh yeah, we'll take out Spurrier and Old Bowden along the way.

Vanderbilt too.... :flame:

And I haven't even started drinking yet tonight... :D

I am simply drunk on Goter power ! ! ! !

Don't get too excited skaven. We've got big bad Joey T. III and he's ready!

Definitely hurt losing Shockley. While I'm certainly happy to be 7-0 at this point, us UGA faithful are starting to be extremely confused and frustrated by Richt's play calling. What's the point of having an all senior O-line and a stable of 3 very quality running backs if you're only going to run the ball 30% of the time. Come on Richt, use your friggin head for crying out loud. Looks like it will be 2 lame duck offenses next week, I guess it will come down to who's defense plays better. I bet both of our defenses give each other's offenses fits all day long.

Speaking of defense, is it just me or are VT and most of the SEC teams the only teams that know how to play defense or what. A lot of people would probably try to say that SEC offenses are weak when you take that 6-3 UT/Bama game into account, but I think that's what can happen when 2 extremely fast, hard hitting and world class defenses meet on the field.

On another note, that running back for Arkansas is faster than Reggie Bush, he made 2 of the fastest guys on our D look like they were in slow motion on that long TD run.

Looks like it will most likely be UT and USC in Pasadena. I thought UCLA might stand a chance to knock off one of the big dogs, but their 98th ranked defense probably couldn't stop Vandy from scoring, much less USC. :shakehead

Ankf00
10-25-05, 12:58 AM
Richt's got 2 rings as an offensive coordinator, I think you guys will be alright on that end :)

coolhand
10-25-05, 01:51 AM
USC is missing 7 of its original 11 defensive starters this season

4 are out for good.

all good players, we are really hurting there. Our secondary has two good safty's and a decent corner but one corner is our weak spot and it always gets exploited.

dando
10-25-05, 11:41 AM
Definitely hurt losing Shockley. While I'm certainly happy to be 7-0 at this point, us UGA faithful are starting to be extremely confused and frustrated by Richt's play calling. What's the point of having an all senior O-line and a stable of 3 very quality running backs if you're only going to run the ball 30% of the time. Come on Richt, use your friggin head for crying out loud. Looks like it will be 2 lame duck offenses next week, I guess it will come down to who's defense plays better. I bet both of our defenses give each other's offenses fits all day long.

Could be worse. You could have Tress calling yer plays. :shakehead

-Kevin

skaven
10-25-05, 11:54 AM
Could be worse. You could have Tress calling yer plays. :shakehead

-Kevin

That would be great... I miss Jim Donnan. :(

cartman
10-25-05, 04:42 PM
That would be great... I miss Jim Donnan. :(

Yeah, I'm sure you do, I bet you miss Ray Goof too! :laugh:

FLCARTfan
10-25-05, 06:16 PM
the Miami D's been solid this whole time and Kyle Wright's markedly better than the first couple weeks of the season, same goes for Drew Weatherford, that's what happens when 2 freshmen are playing their first ever games at QB...

ACC, like SEC, has some damn athletic defenses this year, Kyle Wright and Drew Weatherford were highly sought for good reason and they're starting to show it.

I always knew ANK was a closet FSU fan. Fear the Spear Ankie!

coolhand
10-25-05, 06:39 PM
he is in anothers school's closet and its not FSU :laugh: oh the irony

Ankf00
10-25-05, 08:02 PM
he is in anothers school's closet and its not FSU :laugh: oh the irony

never. lies. propaganda. smear campaign!!!!

I didn't do it, you didn't see me do it, you can't prove anything!!

Sean O'Gorman
10-25-05, 08:52 PM
never. lies. propaganda. smear campaign!!!!

I didn't do it, you didn't see me do it, you can't prove anything!!

So if I posted the password to username ankoorpatel for USC's Blackboard and it worked for someone, it would be complete coincidence? :D

Ankf00
10-25-05, 09:07 PM
So if I posted the password to username ankoorpatel for USC's Blackboard and it worked for someone, it would be complete coincidence? :D

:confused: watchoo talkin 'bout willis?

coolhand
10-26-05, 02:51 AM
everyone else uses blackboard?

Ankf00
10-26-05, 12:20 PM
blackboard's a pretty common thing ;)

Stu
10-26-05, 12:37 PM
blackboard's a pretty common thing ;)

Does anyone know how the corny dogs are at USC?

Ankf00
10-26-05, 10:37 PM
Master Coaches Survey Poll: http://www.mcspoll.com/poll.htm

gee, 13 out of 16 vote Texas as #1

I bet all these former coaches who watch and discuss every top 25 game every week are colluding to further their biased agenda of anti-pac10 hate and other types of general funny business

coolhand
10-26-05, 10:54 PM
i would like you to provide me with geographical evidence of where these so called "coaches" live.

seems like a bunch of easterners to me

Ankf00
10-26-05, 11:01 PM
:rolleyes:

yea, you're right, what would this group of coaches know, they're obviously all from New York City....

John Cooper
Vince Dooley
Pat Dye
LaVell Edwards
Hayden Fry
Don James
Frank Kush
Dick MacPherson
Bill Mallory
Don Nehlen
John Ralston
John Robinson
Bo Schembechler
R.C. Slocum
Gene Stallings
George Welsh

since you've never heard of any of these guys, let alone your own former great, John Robinson, you can google them on your own :gomer:

do we get to hear your "but 7 or our defensive players were injured :cry:" when you get rolled later this year? :)

dando
10-26-05, 11:14 PM
Master Coaches Survey Poll: http://www.mcspoll.com/poll.htm

gee, 13 out of 16 vote Texas as #1

I bet all these former coaches who watch and discuss every top 25 game every week are colluding to further their biased agenda of anti-pac10 hate and other types of general funny business
Now, now....we all know that this is being orchestrated by ESPN. These coaches get a script from the Mouse each weekend just like they do for the .1RL. :D

Speaking of conspiracy theories, Dan Patrick went Danicle all over Tommy T. this afternoon. I mean he tore him a new one on the air. It was :laugh:.

-Kevin

EDIT: here's the linky to the DP show site, which has a linky to the show broadcast/archive. They have his Tues show up there now, but they should have today's show up there tomorrow. I believe the interview happened in the first hour.

linkage (http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=danpatrick#)

(they still have the Tues show up for now) :(

Ankf00
10-26-05, 11:23 PM
nice. cuz you know... ESPN... like... has a vengeful bias against the conference they have a TV contract for :gomer: what's the odds on SEC starting to bitch about "northerner-bias" after this year like Pac-10 goobers?

coolhand
10-27-05, 12:06 AM
those coaches are fed a line to go along with the BCS.

once to computer tell theses guys otherwise they will put up SC at #1.

Ankf00
10-27-05, 12:08 AM
those coaches are fed a line to go along with the BCS.

once to computer tell theses guys otherwise they will put up SC at #1.

you're such a clueless goober. :gomer:

1. you don't realize how many western coaches are in that poll
2. Texas already was #1 in that poll last week before this week's BCS, nice try with the BS excuses though. it's all a conspiracy :rofl:

edit: dando-you're still missing a link ;)

coolhand
10-27-05, 12:46 AM
ok you have that poll i never heard of, but.

the Harris, coaches and AP all have USC

USC 3 UT 2

p.s. ASU threw the game agianst stanford

Ankf00
10-27-05, 12:48 AM
watch out, the black helicopters are near and they're coming...

Dr. Corkski
10-27-05, 12:54 AM
p.s. ASU threw the game agianst stanford :laugh:

Are you and Gangrel related? :gomer:

Ankf00
10-27-05, 12:55 AM
Barnett critical of K-State's tactics
Kansas State coach Bill Snyder won't release his injury report, so Colorado coach Gary Barnett doesn't make his public during K-State week, either.

"You're talking about total CIA," Barnett said when asked of Snyder's long-standing and steadfast insistence on concealing injuries.

And about that camera hanging at the stadium in Manhattan, detailing every move on the visitors' sideline?

Barnett has no comment on that, but many believe the camera records hand signals made by opposing coaches. Those clips, or so the legend goes, are later spliced together alongside the corresponding plays that are run. That way, the Kansas State staff can analyze them in the offseason, so they'll know what the hand signals mean when the teams meet again.

*telephone rings*
"H..Hello? Coach Barnett?"
"This is he."
"Hi, this is Pot. I'd like to introduce you to my good friend, Kettle."

Ankf00
10-27-05, 01:12 AM
wow, an AP voter talking about the superior credibility of the masters coaches survey, he must be on the BCS payroll too :gomer: Is Alabama considered "east coast?" Cuz if so I guess Maisel's just another eastern-biased goober :gomer:

3. What is the Masters Coaches Survey, and should we care?
At the outset of the Master Coaches Survey, the highfalutin name for the old coaches' poll that began this year, I thought, "Whoop-de-do. Another poll." But the more I think about it, and the more I see it, the more I'm buying into it.

The MCS has 16 retired coaches who meet via conference call every Wednesday morning to discuss the best teams in the country. Here's the list: John Cooper, Vince Dooley, Pat Dye, LaVell Edwards, Hayden Fry, Don James, Frank Kush, Dick MacPherson, Bill Mallory, Don Nehlen, John Ralston, John Robinson, Bo Schembechler, R.C. Slocum, Gene Stallings and George Welsh.

Last week, before the BCS, before the majority of the computers, the old guys moved Texas ahead of USC.

The coaches' poll, sponsored by USA Today -- and, for many years, ESPN -- always has left itself open to skepticism. Coaches don't have the time or the inclination to study all the top teams.

But the retired coaches in this survey have the time to study the teams, and they have the inclination. In fact, they love it. At the beginning of each week, the coaches get a DVD with video of the top teams. They divvy the teams up among themselves to study. In that Wednesday conference call, they give their reports, and discuss, argue, laugh and enjoy the fellowship they were too busy and too competitive to enjoy when they coached.

"There is no other group that knows college football like the guys we have," says former Syracuse coach MacPherson, who reported on Florida State this week. "We're not going to go on the call Wednesday morning and not know what we're talking about."

Last week, according to an MCS news release, former Auburn coach Dye predicted Texas would beat Texas Tech because the Longhorns' dominating defensive line would exploit the wide splits in the Red Raiders' offensive line. Texas sacked Cody Hodges six times and cruised to a 52-17 victory.

This week, MacPherson said in a phone interview Monday that Virginia Tech would defeat Boston College. The Eagles have done well in the ACC, coach Mac believes, because the league isn't familiar with their zone blitzes. Virginia Tech's veteran coaching staff has seen Boston College a lot, though, and will know what to do.

MacPherson might be right. He might be wrong. The point is, this is graduate-level discourse on the college football season.

The retired coaches are also smart enough to figure out that their credibility is their biggest selling point. The biggest reason the USA Today coaches' poll suffers from a lack of credibility is the secretive nature of the poll's proceedings. The retired coaches have let the sunshine in, and it's worth listening to them. They'll be on ESPN Classic every Wednesday night. Check them out.

coolhand
10-27-05, 02:52 AM
congradualtions, a poll of a bunch of laid off dudes with an axe to grinde :thumbup: :gomer:

skaven
10-27-05, 12:18 PM
*telephone rings*
"H..Hello? Coach Barnett?"
"This is he."
"Hi, this is Pot. I'd like to introduce you to my good friend, Kettle."

This can't be right... there is no pot in Boulder, CO. :gomer:

dando
10-27-05, 12:33 PM
edit: dando-you're still missing a link ;)

Ja, RR went poopie after I posted that sans linkage, so I couldn't edit it. Happened whilst I was uploading pics to Snapfish for the kid's 2nd bday, too. :( But, hey, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance. :gomer:

Fixing it now.

Fixed. For reference, here is the linkage:

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=danpatrick#

Check back later for the Wed show to be posted. It really is worth a listen to DP jump outta his shoes. :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-28-05, 10:23 AM
F-U-G-L-Y

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/VACB10910280327.jpg
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2005/1027/photo/a_vtechtd_372.jpg

miami and oregon are going to join the suckitude supposedly

coolhand
10-28-05, 04:38 PM
what was that abou miami and oregon?

cartman
10-28-05, 04:43 PM
What I want to know is how in the hell is South Carolina #1 in the BCS rankings? :laugh:

cartman
10-28-05, 04:44 PM
F-U-G-L-Y

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/VACB10910280327.jpg
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2005/1027/photo/a_vtechtd_372.jpg

miami and oregon are going to join the suckitude supposedly

I thought the same thing watching that game last night. Those have got to be the silliest looking uniforms I've ever seen. As if I didn't already hate the color orange enough.

Ankf00
10-28-05, 04:56 PM
What I want to know is how in the hell is South Carolina #1 in the BCS rankings? :laugh:

U of South Carolina is #2 in BCS this week, thus why a certain poster is in such fits decrying Stanford-grad Ivan Maisel, John Robinson, and Don James as east coast conspirators the likes of Cassius, Brutus, and Marc Antony ;)... back to the point though, Steve Spurrier and his USC team OBVIOUSLY deserve to be #1 for life despite their suckitude this year.

cartman
10-28-05, 05:06 PM
U of South Carolina is #2 in BCS this week, thus why a certain poster is in such fits decrying Stanford-grad Ivan Maisel, John Robinson, and Don James as east coast conspirators the likes of Cassius, Brutus, and Marc Antony ;)... back to the point though, Steve Spurrier and his USC team OBVIOUSLY deserve to be #1 for life despite their suckitude this year.

Oops, my bad, I had forgotten that USC dropped to #2. Got to hand it to Spurrier though, having USC in the running for the national championship in his first year coaching there is pretty impressive. It's amazing that they can lose so many games and still be #2 in BCS standings.

Seriously though, me and my buddies have invented a really cool drinking game watching USC games this year. Every time Spurrier throws down his visor you take a shot.

Ankf00
10-28-05, 05:14 PM
If visor-boy has a hand on his hip w/ that pissed off look you get to give a shot, 2 shots if he's got both hands on his hips :D

for every quarterback change you go from shots to chugging beers and vice versa

cartman
10-28-05, 05:32 PM
If visor-boy has a hand on his hip w/ that pissed off look you get to give a shot, 2 shots if he's got both hands on his hips :D

for every quarterback change you go from shots to chugging beers and vice versa

I like it! Wow, you'd be pretty darn smashed by the end of the first quarter.