PDA

View Full Version : Lola responds

rabbit
10-12-05, 06:23 PM
Following yesterday's announcement by Champ Car World Series officials that its new-for-2007 spec chassis would be built by Panoz, rather than long-time series supplier Lola Cars, the latter officially responded to the decision in a prepared statement.

While noting that, "in the last four years... Lola provided absolute support of the re-generated series in difficult times and at a significant cost to itself," and expressing surprise at the decision, Lola underscored that it will be leaving the series on good terms. Click here (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/20131/) for full article.

While I will miss Lola's participation and appreciate its support over the past few years, I can understand the business behind the Panoz/Elan decision and I think Lola does too. I think the fact that Lola is leaving on good terms is further evidence that KK, GF and Co. have brought a new way of doing business to the table. I hope that in a few years we can have Panoz/Elan and Lola -- and maybe more -- building cars for the series.

oddlycalm
10-12-05, 06:34 PM
Agreed, nobody likes to lose a big order but Lola seems to be taking it OK. Come 2010 Lola may be hungrier and the dollar may be worth something, though I don't expect shipping costs from the UK to be any lower.

oc

spinner26
10-12-05, 08:13 PM
I think one thing sticks out here, regardless of the Amigo's being shrewed business men, they do things up front and on the table so to speak. In todays tough economic times they could have pulled out all the backdoor moves and left some burnt bridges, they didn't. There is somethig to be learned here by all. Play fair, do the right things and you can and will be successful. Run like a little kid taking his ball and going home and you might only be around for say maybe 10.5 to 11 years. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, intersesting, No?