PDA

View Full Version : Mcdoweel for last two CCWS races

Pages : 1 [2]

Dr. Corkski
10-24-05, 05:56 PM
so where did the money come from that supported memo in jnior formulae?Pinks. :gomer:

coolhand
10-25-05, 01:35 AM
I guess Racer2c started posting at CCF

http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29739&page=8
I guess you can call me PLN now :gomer:

now does it look like i am just some dumb CCF poster who pulled info from there? :gomer:

further proof that racer2c does not know what he is talking about here.

nor does paper

Rocketdoc
10-25-05, 02:43 AM
First. :gomer:

Congrats! So did I.

Far better than sex.

racer2c
10-25-05, 09:30 AM
I guess Racer2c started posting at CCF

http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29739&page=8
I guess you can call me PLN now :gomer:

now does it look like i am just some dumb CCF poster who pulled info from there? :gomer:

further proof that racer2c does not know what he is talking about here.

nor does paper

LOL!!!!!!!! Hi MoCART! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weak dude, real weak. :rofl:

coolhand
10-25-05, 01:44 PM
So I am Mocart now? lol wrong again. I DONT POST THERE. but it looks like you do champcarecuador

your little BS story here is crumbliing at its knees

meanwhile nothing i have said has been proven wrong

its time for you to bow out R2c

racer2c
10-25-05, 01:55 PM
So I am Mocart now? lol wrong again. I DONT POST THERE. but it looks like you do champcarecuador

your little BS story here is crumbliing at its knees

meanwhile nothing i have said has been proven wrong

its time for you to bow out R2c

You're right coolhand, from now on everyone will agree with everything you post! You are the extreme "insider" who is not to be trifled with!

All hail coolhand, Lord Supreme of All things Champ Car!!!!!!!!!!

*bow, bow, bow*

:rofl: :rofl:

trauma1
10-25-05, 04:07 PM
paid for by somone who is probably going to buy into Rocketsports, so look at it as a downpayment for a possible owner a good driver.

If RHR is a good as all you says he is he should land a ride next season.
bet finlay either buys into the team or buys it outright

coolhand
10-25-05, 06:31 PM
You're right coolhand, from now on everyone will agree with everything you post! You are the extreme "insider" who is not to be trifled with!

All hail coolhand, Lord Supreme of All things Champ Car!!!!!!!!!!

*bow, bow, bow*

:rofl: :rofl:

uh no, it should be that you shut up and question what i have to say rather then who i am.

and this thread will be remembered for be being right and you being wrong about me and the RHR situation.

put all the laughing smilies you want in this thread, you still have been wrong on everything.

sorry :p

Rocketdoc
10-26-05, 01:13 AM
I don't think you can call anyone who could afford enough racing to be hired as an instructor as "poor", not by any stretch. Well, maybe once they've stopped racing. :D

Yeah, the word "poor" is inappropriate.

But I can personally assure you that not all of those who get good enough to instrctuct the likes of Tony Sewart, Jeff Gordon, Brian Vickers, Casy Kane, ad infinitum (and run just as fast, if not faster), have millionaires trust them to drive the wheels off of their Enzo's, F-40's, Brabuses (Brabi?) and other exotica, are not aways well enough "healed" to instigate and sustain a racing career without external funding, usually by their father's.

I had that in mind for my son except that illness struck our family, and the "best laid plans of mice and men...." made at least a temporary shift in plans.

He's set up to run in Score next year with some Nevada races and the Baja 1000, and he has had someone buildi him a new race car that is built specifically for him, but the guy IS a road racer, with a "minor" in oval racing.

And even with a few championships behind him, it will take a wealthy "patron" somewhere to "kickstart" his career again.

Racing, from a young race driver's perspective, is a very steep, slippery climb, filled with plenty of "false starts".

racer2c
10-26-05, 06:43 AM
uh no, it should be that you shut up and question what i have to say rather then who i am.

and this thread will be remembered for be being right and you being wrong about me and the RHR situation.

put all the laughing smilies you want in this thread, you still have been wrong on everything.

sorry :p

Sure. whatever you say? Now what was it I was wrong about again?

PM me and we'll straighten this out.

trauma1
10-26-05, 09:48 AM
btw , i wrote RHR a E-mail last weeek and he replied, class guy it seems to me

Thanks for the email, I appreciate the support, it means a lot. It's a shame I won't be driving in the last two races, but I am relieved that I am finally moving on. This means I am one step closer to being back in a competitive car again.

This off-season will be a tough one, but I am more determined than ever to get back on the podium and winning races.

Thanks again for all the support.

All the Best,

Ryan Hunter-Reay

Rocketdoc
10-26-05, 07:48 PM
My son just got off the phone with Michael McDowell, and he said that the race was a great "learning experience"; he had some problems that would have precluded him finishing higher than he did, but he did find out he can run with any of them, all day long.

He had a caliper leak on the left front, which affected his throttle control (I don't know how, but...), and he had to run through the chicane or nail the guy in front of him or take out some concrete.

He lost the anti-lock on the differential early on and he didn't have any mechanical grip coming out of corners.

In practice, he was running with Bourdais and the only difference was that Bourdais had tons of mechanical grip coming off of corners, and that's apparently when he found out his differential was in trouble.

The car apparently is compeitive, if it's screwed together right.

One thing he did say is the partying is extraordinary in OZ.

He'll being running both the Daytona Prototype and the Champ Car in Mexico.

My son also said that Rob Finlay bought out Hunter-Reay's contract to run the last two events this year.
It's not clear right now whether they will be running under Rocketsports next year, or even that Rocketsports will be around.

He'll be back in Phoenix in about a week after the Mexico thing...to get married.

My son said to stop over when he gets back and he and his buddies will work with him to stop that nonesense. Only kidding.