PDA

View Full Version : tags does 1000

nz_climber
10-10-05, 01:03 AM
Tags is downunder (well he was on the weekend!)

He raced in the V8 supercar series for the bathurst 1000..(thats km as you folk should know we got the metric system down here)

He did pretty well coming 13th overall (34 started, 21 finished)

13 8 WPS Racing M.Marshall/A.Tagliani Ford Falcon BA 155 06:37:57.8926 71 2:10.6724

and he still in a ford so thats good to see ;)

theunions
10-10-05, 02:33 AM
So his much-maligned teammate deserves no props, then? ;)

nz_climber
10-10-05, 05:31 AM
i dunno even who his team mate is/was...

(thsi statment was post under the influence of beer, anthing said can be cahnged at anwytime!!)

pchall
10-10-05, 10:26 AM
i dunno even who his team mate is/was...

(thsi statment was post under the influence of beer, anthing said can be cahnged at anwytime!!)

Will I be shot for suggesting that these guys just aren't that good and Walker Racing needs a boxing kangaroo and a hockey player in his team's seats?

Kiwifan
10-10-05, 03:43 PM
We took a telly to watch the race and although it was "on" we didn't really get to see that much. I think driving those big V8s around Bathurst is a real challenge. Several times during the pre race chats I heard veterans of the track telling how scary it is coming over the top of the mountain.

I would suggest you guys check it out if you can. I know it's a long race and Holdens seem to win all of the bloody time but...... If you can catch this race watch out for my Kiwi Hero (Murph) and my FORD hero (Ambrose, who is doing a Nascar season next year!) exchange phone numbers after an ontrack meeting. :) You could just feel the love. :rofl:

I think if Tags does the race again he will be a lot better for the experience.

Take care all..

Rusty.