PDA

View Full Version : Pook to step aside?

rabbit
03-17-03, 03:39 PM
Read this on AR1...

Pook to step aside? On today's RPM Now radio broadcast, Robin Miller predicted that Chris Pook will step away by year end and the responsibilities will be assumed by David Clare. Chris originally said he would stay in the game for at least three years. However, if Ecclestone and Forsythe take over the series, perhaps they will bring in new management and let Chris get some well deserved rest. David Clare, Bernie's former right-hand man came out of nowhere to assume the role of Chief Operating Officer and you can bet Bernie had some say in that.

racer2c
03-17-03, 03:49 PM
I forgot the trend label for an executive who is hired to whip a company into shape for the end goal of selling the company. They put key people in place, cut the excess fat, work behind the scenes with prospected buyers to outline a future vision. Hmm, starting to sound like Chris?

KobySon
03-17-03, 03:49 PM
I hope Robin is wrong. I'm sure David Clare would be plenty capable of running the show, but Pook has ressurected the series more than half way. If that makes sense. I would like to see him finish the job.

With the exception of the NA V10 and what may be the jettison of the natural terrain road courses, Pook has been admirable.

Gurneyflap
03-17-03, 09:44 PM
Makes sense to me. I think I suggested this awhile back. CART won't need him when they merge with F-1. He's in Europe now setting the whole thing up. Maybe an F-1 private owner thing will save us from more street races and open up the possibility of more natural terrain road courses. (in Europe, I suppose, maybe back at RA?) The US GP might go there, too? Bernie doesn't need the Speedway. Come to think of it I don't think we need HIM, either, but I think things are headed that way.

nrc
03-18-03, 09:12 PM
Pook said when he took the job that he expected to be in it for three years.