PDA

View Full Version : Da' Dawgs

DjDrOmusic
10-09-05, 04:07 PM
Couldn't resist....it wasn't pretty, but a win is a win!! Go Browns!! :D

devilmaster
10-09-05, 04:15 PM
Talkin about not pretty......

Baltimore is basically having their worst game ever as a franchise against my lions......

1 or 2 more penalties and they tie an NFL record for most in a game..... 2 players ejected, etc.etc.etc.

devilmaster
10-09-05, 04:27 PM
Lions given a gift - 35-17.

Now if every opponent from now on plays like that, the lions could go 14 and 2 ;)

Paintergeek
10-09-05, 09:08 PM
I went and saw the Colts bat the browns a couple weeks ago, but now I ave to watch that same team beat the bears. :( The score makes it look like they won handily, but it was 10-6 bears w/ 3:15 left in the game. It was ugly, but they got the win. My bears suck, Luckily, My colts dont.

Stu
10-09-05, 09:21 PM
I was at the game. Loved about 3 minutes of it. Some may say those defenses played great, personally I think the 2 offenses played like crap. 57 minutes of that game was garbage, 3 minutes was amazing.

They have this stupid new thing on the jumbotron. It just says, Go Browns Go over and over and over. Then when they are on defense, they play AC/DC - Thunderstruck, but instead of saying Thunder, they say Defense.

How freaking unoriginal. Really makes me respect the job the guys do at Jacob's Field.

devilmaster
10-09-05, 10:39 PM
Ya know, we get it. you and ank don't get along. Spare us the ********. use pm's :rolleyes:

nrc
10-10-05, 12:42 AM
Talkin about Not Pretty?

Stop it. It has nothing to do with the topic and I don't even know if Ank want's his photo posted on the forum.

G.
10-10-05, 12:43 AM
It's pretty easy to fumble, with both hands wrapped around your neck.

(sigh) Is Ozzie V8's on Speed this year?

G.
10-10-05, 12:44 AM
Stop it. It has nothing to do with the topic and I don't even know if Ank want's his photo posted on the forum.But what about the corndog? Doesn't anyone feel for the corndog?

DjDrOmusic
10-10-05, 12:07 PM
Lions given a gift - 35-17.

Now if every opponent from now on plays like that, the lions could go 14 and 2 ;)

AHHHH Thankyou Lions!! When your a fan of any team in our division, a Baltimore loss is a good thing, right NRC??? ;) :D By the way, your Bengals are playing great this year, in spite of last night, like they say any given Sunday.

JoeBob
10-10-05, 01:00 PM
There should be some sort of rule that keeps any NFC North Team from making the playoffs.

Is there a worse group of 4 teams than the Lions, Bears, Vikings and Packers? Holy cow. Unless there's a way for both teams to lose a game, someone in that division is going to look like they have a decent record only because they got to play the other three twice.

I don't know what is more sad:
1. By rule, one of those four is going to make the playoffs.
2. Fans of AFC North Teams other than Pittsburgh are deluding themselves into thinking their teams are great based on performances against those four.

Of course, it isn't the fault of Bengals and Browns fans that they stumbled into schedules that would even make even Kansas State fans blush.

Stu
10-10-05, 01:02 PM
There should be some sort of rule that keeps any NFC North Team from making the playoffs.

They may rival the NL West this year for most garbage division in a pro sport.

JoeBob
10-10-05, 01:11 PM
This thread is a perfect example of just how bad those teams are!

We have a Browns fans saying, "We played like crap and still beat the Bears, who were even worse."

We have a Lions fan pretty much saying, "We were gifted a win, the other team committed so many penalties."

That's pretty sad. But it gets worse. That represents the top half of the division! The Packers and Vikings each only have one win - both against the Saints.

racer2c
10-10-05, 01:19 PM
This thread is a perfect example of just how bad those teams are!

We have a Browns fans saying, "We played like crap and still beat the Bears, who were even worse."

We have a Lions fan pretty much saying, "We were gifted a win, the other team committed so many penalties."

That's pretty sad. But it gets worse. That represents the top half of the division! The Packers and Vikings each only have one win - both against the Saints.

Remember the '70's when everyone was a Cowboys fan? It was so much easier back then. :)

Stu
10-10-05, 01:26 PM
Remember the '70's when everyone was a Cowboys fan? It was so much easier back then. :)

Yea cuz its so great right now with everyone being a Red Sox or Yankees fan. :thumdown:

nrc
10-10-05, 01:29 PM
Yep, Bengals fall from the ranks of the unbeaten. It was just a matter of time since they had problems that they still haven't corrected. They should be able to beat the Titans but they'll have a hard time with Pittsburgh if they're still throwing away plays on stupid penalties.

devilmaster
10-10-05, 01:53 PM
I don't know what is more sad:
1. By rule, one of those four is going to make the playoffs.
2. Fans of AFC North Teams other than Pittsburgh are deluding themselves into thinking their teams are great based on performances against those four.

To be fair, JB - this is not an anonmaly..... anomaly..... arrgh.... this is not new. There is usually one division where everyone questions who's going to win it, and sometimes a team can make the playoffs with a record that usually wouldn't get them in if it was a wild card spot.

Were there things detroit did right yesterday? yes. they held the ravens to 1 sack. The O line gave protection. The D line got penetration. This is how Detroit will win - Old school, black and blue smashmouth football. Kevin Jones is the man. He went head to head (and i mean head to head) with Ray Lewis more than once - and he gained Lewis' respect. :thumbup: They have to run (no pun intended) with Jones. at least 30 touches and I stress at least.

But the truth is, Mooch is west coast offense. And it really isn't working here. Perhaps they should go back to the offensive scheme they used years ago - It was called 'Give it to one guy and yell GO GET EM BARRY!'

Sean O'Gorman
10-10-05, 02:11 PM
but they'll have a hard time with Pittsburgh if they're still throwing away plays on stupid penalties.

Well, at least they aren't throwing away players on stupid penalties like the Ravens. :laugh:

Ankf00
10-10-05, 02:21 PM
Texans == sucks.

nrc
10-10-05, 02:54 PM

You sure haven't heard me call the Bengals "great" at this stage. They certainly have the potential to be great if they can eliminate the stupid mistakes and play to their potential.

DjDrOmusic
10-10-05, 08:07 PM
Fans of AFC North Teams other than Pittsburgh are deluding themselves into thinking their teams are great based on performances against those four.

I haven't deluded anything, like I said a win is a win and I'll take it. The Browns are learning an all new system with a new coaching staff and many new players, it's going to take time, but so far I'm seeing some bright spots that make the future look better, sort of what the Bengal fans saw a couple of years ago. As for Pittsburgh, I'll plead for a fifth, don't like them, never have, never will, I bleed orange and brown!

Ankf00
10-10-05, 09:03 PM
when is the annual Cleveland Browns Stadium beer bottle crowd-shotput competition day? :D

racer2c
10-10-05, 09:04 PM
The best part being a fan of a team that sucks...bye week! Well, at least my Raiders beat the Cowboys!

Stu
10-10-05, 09:12 PM
when is the annual Cleveland Browns Stadium beer bottle crowd-shotput competition day? :D

The next time the refs royally blow a call that costs us a game.

dando
10-10-05, 09:40 PM
You sure haven't heard me call the Bengals "great" at this stage. They certainly have the potential to be great if they can eliminate the stupid mistakes and play to their potential.
Yup. Good team, but not great until they prove themselves. As I heard on ESPN Radio, when Brady drove the Pats down the field yesterday, no one was thinking if he would throw an INT, it was a matter of a TD or FG to win the game. No such thinking watching the Who Deys last night, but it was a fun watch nonetheless.

-Kevin