PDA

View Full Version : Suzuka Spoilers

The Doctor
10-09-05, 01:17 AM
The Jacques Attacques -- :thumdown:

mueber
10-10-05, 08:29 AM
How long is Montoya's contract with McLaren? Although the Montoya incident may technically be JV's "fault," when I think about all the points Montoya has thrown away between boneheaded moves on the track and incidents involving "tennis balls," I come to the conclusion that he might be too expensive. It will be interesting to see what Ron Dennis thinks.

Dirty Sanchez
10-10-05, 10:44 AM
I hate to pass up on a good opportunity to bash villeneuve... :laugh:

but I don't know what the stewards were looking at on that call. how exactly did montoya expect to get by on the outside of that corner? seemed like an over-aggressive bonehead move to me... kinda like indianapolis 2003.

ice>fire

Dr. Corkski
10-10-05, 11:39 AM
#1 drivers - Makes passes for the win on the last lap.

#2 drivers - Crashes out trying to pass another #2 driver on the first lap.

Methanolandbrats
10-10-05, 11:58 AM
Kimi = next real deal
Fred = one time champion
Monty = moron
Jack = quickest nightclub owner in F1

Great race :thumbup:

Joe in LA
10-10-05, 02:17 PM
Kind of doesn't matter now, but how the heck did Montoya get all the way up to Villeneuve on lap 1--didn't he start on the last row and JV start @10th?

oddlycalm
10-10-05, 05:49 PM
Kind of doesn't matter now, but how the heck did Montoya get all the way up to Villeneuve on lap 1--didn't he start on the last row and JV start @10th? And there in a nutshell is Ron Dennis' (as well as everyone else's) frustration with Montoya; the skills necessary to go from the back of the grid to mid-pack on the first lap and the brain necessary to throw it all away trying to get pass just one more car in an impossible move. :laugh:

oc

RacinM3
10-10-05, 06:42 PM
Fred = one time champion

Not a fan, eh? I'm interested in your reasoning behind this. World Champion without the best car. Isn't that how one measures the best champions? How well do you think he'd do if he had 2005 McLaren speed with 2005 Renault reliability?

RichK
10-10-05, 07:17 PM
Man, what a great race!

Fred's pass in 130R was spectacular, even though (IMO) he put Schumacher in a "crash or back off" situation. I wonder if Michael would've backed off 7 championships ago?

oddlycalm
10-10-05, 08:32 PM
I wonder if Michael would've backed off 7 championships ago? I don't... ;)

oc