PDA

View Full Version : Suzuka Race Chat

devilmaster
10-08-05, 08:12 PM
Saturday night, Sunday Morning, 1 am Eastern - figger out yer own time from that ;)

We had a good group in for quals chat last night, with the return of a certain zoomie kiwi..... :D

RTKar
10-08-05, 09:56 PM
...off to Chops place to watch the race and have a few beers. Should be a good one.

devilmaster
10-08-05, 11:43 PM
Rick - say hi to the Chicago gang up there and have a good race eh! :thumbup:

btw, you get hi-speed yet?

TrueBrit
10-09-05, 01:23 AM
Stupid question...how does one partake??

TrueBrit
10-09-05, 02:40 AM
Never mind. I figured it out.

Great race, great chat...Time for some shut-eye!!

Cheers!!

devilmaster
10-09-05, 02:51 AM
Good race chat everyone - had a dozen or so most of the race.....

Oh yeah, btw lizzerd....

tyre
tyre
tyre
tyre
tyre
tyre
tyre

:p

EDwardo
10-09-05, 02:52 AM
....Time for some shut-eye!!

Cheers!!

We understand. You must be really tyred! ;)

Lizzerd
10-09-05, 03:52 AM
Ok, fyne. Y'm goyng to bed, too.

Winston Wolfe
10-09-05, 12:12 PM
Just watched my DVR recording of the race and the last lap passing and on track action were GREAT !!!!

When Kimi made his pass, and they showed a replay, good old Dave Hobbs said something along the lines of "they were closer than a fag packet", which Varsha quickly interjected "that is as in cigarette packet".... :rofl:

Then later, during the post race comments, Hobbs said that the few passes they made in today's F1 race were worth "2,000-3,000 oval track passes"... Nice zinger, Hobbs ! He also said that he saw some of the "balls-iest" moves he has seen in racing from today. :thumbup:

I would have to say that this was one of the best F1 races I have seen this year, as well as an interesting start, average mid section, and a GREAT finish with plenty of passing, challenges, and even a few lead changes. :D

Sean O'Gorman
10-09-05, 01:08 PM
When Kimi made his pass, and they showed a replay, good old Dave Hobbs said something along the lines of "they were closer than a fag packet", which Varsha quickly interjected "that is as in cigarette packet".... :rofl:

It was 2:00 AM, like anyone was listening anyway.

Winston Wolfe
10-09-05, 01:21 PM
It was 2:00 AM, like anyone was listening anyway.

Dood, they do have things called "VCR" and "DVR" where people can record these things, y'know.... ;)
I just think Hobbs is a funny bloke and uses some English expressions that many don't get... :eek:

indyfan31
10-09-05, 04:28 PM
good race, right from the start.
I have a question though, during the prerace they mentioned the 130-R turn was named for its "130 degree radius". Well, radii aren't measured in degrees so I'm thinkin' they were half right.
But which is it: 130-degree sweep or 130-meter radius?

RTKar
10-09-05, 05:44 PM
Rick - say hi to the Chicago gang up there and have a good race eh! :thumbup:

btw, you get hi-speed yet?

Nah...I'm too cheap

The Doctor
10-10-05, 12:24 AM
good race, right from the start.
I have a question though, during the prerace they mentioned the 130-R turn was named for its "130 degree radius". Well, radii aren't measured in degrees so I'm thinkin' they were half right.
But which is it: 130-degree sweep or 130-meter radius?

130 meter radius. Not anymore, instead actually a double apex 85 meter and 340 meter corner. Something about 85R/340R doesn't sound quite as fearsome, though.

oddlycalm
10-10-05, 08:28 AM
If they want to change the rules to make races more exciting they should just make Raikkonen and Alonso start from the back of the grid every race. ;)

I could watch Alonso pass Schumie in the 130R all day... :cool:

oc