Cam
10-07-05, 02:53 PM
Oh great!!!! There goes Petes' sole reason to get up each morning! :gomer: :D

devilmaster
10-07-05, 02:53 PM
woo-hoo-ho!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HEY!

Cam's right! What are we going to do now for the foyt futility thread?!? Is Foyt even going to bother running anymore? Is this the end of the foyt racing team?!? :confused:

Damnit! They can't take away our fun from us!!!

Ankf00
10-07-05, 02:59 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of co-eds running around to occupy him, IV was getting a bit stale anyways :D

Methanolandbrats
10-07-05, 03:04 PM
owner A.J. Foyt. “He’s learned a lot since we began working together in 2002 but now it’s time for him to learn from someone else

Translation: "He's slow and always on the edge. Now it's time for him to crash somebody elses ****"

Gangrel
10-07-05, 03:10 PM
Oh, I'm sure that Neckkar ride will give you guys plenty of material...

:rofl:

Who am I kidding? Even the tintoppers wouldn't let this nitwit drive!

:D

dando
10-07-05, 03:30 PM
Bummer. There goes the only reason to even pay attention to the EARL for a lil' comedy relief. :gomer:

Everytime these two come up, I'm reminded of that classic quote from Smokey and the Bandit:

There's no way, *no* way that you came from *my* loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!

-Kevin

EVL29
10-07-05, 04:09 PM
What are we going to do now for the foyt futility thread?!?

I suppose we can still have "special thrEDs".

:gomer:

Steve99
10-07-05, 04:35 PM
Look out ARCA, here he comes.

Or will he go compete with Sarah Fisher in the NASCAR West of Neverwas series?

Gangrel
10-07-05, 04:38 PM
so anyhow....

sorry...must regain...

...composure....

:rofl: :rofl:

pineapple
10-07-05, 04:57 PM
...and somewhere Bruno Junqueira is breathing a big sigh of relief. :)

theunions
10-07-05, 05:10 PM
Who am I kidding? Even the tintoppers wouldn't let this nitwit drive!

Bestwick just announced during Kansas BGN qualifying that IV will try the #38 Akins entry next week at Charlotte... :gomer:

Supposedly an announcement from Evernham regarding '06 is coming later this weekend...?

fourrunner
10-07-05, 05:29 PM
Maybe AJ Sr. knows the IRL is going to fold, and wants IV to have a seat before the others find out ....

After All this is coming right after Tony George announces he's considering "Tub" racing because he didn't realize how expensive it was to run a team in the IRL ... especially when you suck!! ;)

BTW how many subtle ways can AJ Foyt Sr. say that IV is "dense" & doesn't seem to pick up what Grand Dad says :rofl:

Cam
10-07-05, 05:32 PM
Bestwick just announced during Kansas BGN qualifying that IV will try the #38 Akins entry next week at Charlotte... :gomer:

WHAT???? :saywhat: You mean.... that that that that there will not even be any Foytility to close out the season at Fontana???? Nooooooo!!!!!! :cry:

;)

theunions
10-07-05, 05:46 PM
WHAT???? :saywhat: You mean.... that that that that there will not even be any Foytility to close out the season at Fontana???? Nooooooo!!!!!! :cry:

;)

Heh...I guess not, even though the Foyt press release indicated this departure doesn't take effect until AFTER Fontana...

coolhand
10-07-05, 06:08 PM
“Anthony wants to try his hand at NASCAR,” said family patriarch and IndyCar team owner A.J. Foyt. “He’s learned a lot since we began working together in 2002 but now it’s time for him to learn from someone else. He’s still young and I’m sure some of the advice I’ve given him will start to sink in when he hears it from someone other than me. I admit I’m a little nervous about trusting him to the world because he is young. At the same time, I think we both realize it’s time for him to spread his wings. I’ll still keep an eye on him no matter where he goes because he is my grandson and that will never change.”

I.e. Aj. "I failed, its time for you to get trianed by somone else"

stroker
10-07-05, 07:09 PM
I'll bet the acting bug has bit him. Given a bit of time he'll probably be bigger than ART GARFUNKEL!

TKGAngel
10-07-05, 07:13 PM
I.e. Aj. "I failed, its time for you to get trianed by somone else"

Maybe IV would do better with a team that has an engineering capability of more that AJ and his Craftsman tools. (Please note that the IRL homepage has no mention of this news).

ETA: We could always have the Danica futility thread, which seems to be discussed during the Foyt fun.

dando
10-07-05, 07:44 PM
IV practicing for his new line of work:

"Want fries with that?"

-Kevin

Al Czervik
10-07-05, 09:18 PM
AJ Foyt racing = toast

Ant'nee, you are on your own

coolhand
10-07-05, 09:32 PM
his only hope is a japanese ride buyer who brings a honda engine with him :gomer:

cart7
10-07-05, 10:23 PM
TF has their own version of a FIV thread. :laugh:

Cam
10-07-05, 11:00 PM
TF has their own version of a FIV thread. :laugh:

All of a sudden the junior gomerati females assplode?????

pchall
10-07-05, 11:24 PM
I suppose we can still have "special thrEDs".

You've got the spirit! The Mr. Ed Show will carry on the Vision™! (until the money goes to Grand Am).

Fio1
10-08-05, 02:13 AM
I just read the news on Autosport.com and had to come here, knowing that there would be a two page thread worth reading. It didn't quite make 2-page, but it was still worth reading! :laugh:

Rocketdoc
10-08-05, 08:02 PM
Maybe IV would do better with a team that has an engineering capability of more that AJ and his Craftsman tools. (Please note that the IRL homepage has no mention of this news).

ETA: We could always have the Danica futility thread, which seems to be discussed during the Foyt fun.

IMO, he'd be better off out of racing.

Jervis Tetch 1
10-09-05, 12:30 AM
IMO, he'd be better off out of racing. :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
10-09-05, 12:01 PM
Perhaps IV can get some pointers from Uncle Larry on the fastest way to succeed in NASCAR.