PDA

View Full Version : Any more news regarding the Philly race?

donasay
10-06-05, 12:15 PM
At the CCIC Breakfast in Las Vegas, Robin Miller stated that he thought the Philly race would happen next year but possibly in September - not during the July 4th weekend as originally rumored.
Does anyone have any additional information as to when/if the Philly race will take place?

fourrunner
10-06-05, 11:09 PM
Last article was a couple weeks ago ... Paul Newman was still involved with discussions, and modifications were made to the layout to appease the dissenter ... Philadelphia Museum of Art likes the idea .... things seem to be happening out of the press's ears, which is probably for the better ....

My guess is the next time we hear anything will be an "Agreement in Principle" or it's dead .... but who knows ... it definitely won't be for not trying!!!

Andrew Longman
10-07-05, 10:34 AM
Last thing I read said they would definitely try to keep the negotiations out of the public until they were ready for an announcement. CC was taken aback by the attention that PLN and the idea drew when they were in town the first time and how it spun out of control. The marketing guy from CC said that is definitely not they way they do these deals and that all parties would be drawing in until negotiations were over.

cart7
10-08-05, 09:27 PM
I've seen a revised track map but it's in Korean.

Do you think that's a good thing or bad. :gomer:

Opposite Lock
10-08-05, 09:57 PM

:rofl: :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
10-09-05, 11:19 AM

At least it wasn't in Italian. That might mean the track will be in South Philly in a parking lot around the FU (First Union) Center. Tragedy that would be. (the parking lot part, not the Italian part :) )