PDA

View Full Version : the rocket racing league

coolhand
10-05-05, 09:31 PM
http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/051003_rocket_racing_league.html

it will never turn a wheel :gomer:

L1P1
10-06-05, 07:52 PM
I saw this and meant to post it here too. Another article mentioned that one of the partners was an "IndyCar Supporter." At first, I thought it might be Kalkhoven since he sits on the X-Prize board, but it wasn't. I wasn't familiar with this guy (I'm sure many here are).

Anyway, long ago, after checking up on the 'progress' of the Moller SkyCar (projected 350MPH at 25MPG - yeah, right), I thought about a race with these things around, say, I-465 in Indianapolis. THAT would be a sight.

But this sounds confusing. An autocross-type event on an invisible, three dimensional course in the sky.

coolhand
10-06-05, 08:01 PM
I saw this and meant to post it here too. Another article mentioned that one of the partners was an "IndyCar Supporter." At first, I thought it might be Kalkhoven since he sits on the X-Prize board, but it wasn't. I wasn't familiar with this guy (I'm sure many here are).

Anyway, long ago, after checking up on the 'progress' of the Moller SkyCar (projected 350MPH at 25MPG - yeah, right), I thought about a race with these things around, say, I-465 in Indianapolis. THAT would be a sight.

But this sounds confusing. An autocross-type event on an invisible, three dimensional course in the sky.

I dont think it can compete with auto racing because it would be so hard to be a spectator.

unless they com up with some fnacy graphics software to view the race.

SteveH
10-06-05, 09:14 PM
I wonder if PT would try this?

Chrome nose cone :gomer: