PDA

View Full Version : Stronger Red Bull To CC Rumors

NismoZ
10-05-05, 10:32 AM
Supposedly Red Bull has informed Cheeser that if he wants to keep any sponsorship he'll have to move to ChampCar. I wonder if that "We have to do what our sponsors tell us," will work in reverse?

Methanolandbrats
10-05-05, 10:37 AM
Supposedly Red Bull has informed Cheeser that if he wants to keep any sponsorship he'll have to move to ChampCar. I wonder if that "We have to do what our sponsors tell us," will work in reverse?At each paddock he'll need a warm welcome :D

cart7
10-05-05, 11:02 AM
Hopefully this means Eddie's getting back in the car!

Wouldn't that be cool? One of the great drivers of all time in CCWS. Think of the recognition the series will recieve. They'll soon forget all about that Ansan F-up and having the canned fruit and vegetable guy as a driver!! :thumbup:

YES
YES
YES!! :thumbup: :cool:

Wally
10-05-05, 11:20 AM
If true how will the mouth spin this one? :cry:

spinner26
10-05-05, 11:22 AM
Wasn't it brought up earlier in the season that Eddie was going to be driving a Red Bull ALMS car?

RacinM3
10-05-05, 11:41 AM
My question is who does Eddie have nude pics of? I mean, I think Red Bull should cut him off and start fresh with someone new in CC. Preferably someone who ISN'T a hack.

Side Cheever anecdote: Once , I almost ran into Eddie Cheever at John Wayne airport. Literally. With my car.

G.
10-05-05, 11:54 AM
My question is who does Eddie have nude pics of? I mean, I think Red Bull should cut him off and start fresh with someone new in CC. Preferably someone who ISN'T a hack.

Side Cheever anecdote: Once , I almost ran into Eddie Cheever at John Wayne airport. Literally. With my car.And you lifted, because...??

jonovision_man
10-05-05, 11:55 AM
Supposedly Red Bull has informed Cheeser that if he wants to keep any sponsorship he'll have to move to ChampCar. I wonder if that "We have to do what our sponsors tell us," will work in reverse?

Interesting...

Red Bull's junior F1 team will have Cosworth engines through 2007. Can't hurt, just thought it'd be worth mentionning. And of course Red Bull currently has Cosworth engines, although they're being dumped for Ferrari.

jono

Sean O'Gorman
10-05-05, 11:58 AM
And you lifted, because...??

He didn't take the insurance. :P

Ed_Severson
10-05-05, 01:01 PM
Side Cheever anecdote: Once , I almost ran into Eddie Cheever at John Wayne airport. Literally. With my car.

There's a sad word ... "almost." :D

TKGAngel
10-05-05, 02:51 PM
At each paddock he'll need a warm welcome :D

They'll have to make sure the rotten fruits and vegetables are put away if he and the Cheepster come back next year.

I wonder if that "We have to do what our sponsors tell us," will work in reverse?

One would think. How many different ways can rats spin the fact that they're leaving a sinking ship?

oddlycalm
10-05-05, 03:12 PM
Classic be-careful-what-you-wish-for situation. If the mere prospect of having Underacheever and/or Fatassi return is nauseating, imagine if the EARL were to completely tank? :eek:

oc

Napoleon
10-05-05, 03:24 PM
imagine if the EARL were to completely tank?

Thats called a wet dream!

FTG
10-05-05, 04:37 PM
Didn't buy "Cheever to Champ Car" a year ago, not buying it now.

Gnam
10-05-05, 04:38 PM
Don't take candy from strangers.

Ankf00
10-05-05, 05:11 PM
Classic be-careful-what-you-wish-for situation. If the mere prospect of having Underacheever and/or Fatassi return is nauseating, imagine if the EARL were to completely tank? :eek:

oc

26 car fields with lotsa full course yellows...

mueber
10-05-05, 05:18 PM

oc

It would be progress toward saving open wheel.

Methanolandbrats
10-05-05, 05:21 PM
It would be progress toward saving open wheel.In somewhat the same sense that plowing Roseanne is resuming dating after breaking up with a model. :shudder:

cart7
10-05-05, 08:41 PM
In somewhat the same sense that plowing Roseanne is resuming dating after breaking up with a model. :shudder:

We'll just all have to wear bags on our heads the first year.....

oh yeah and a bag for those 2 in case ours falls off. :gomer:

chop456
10-05-05, 08:42 PM
I hope it's true.

Floyd's just your typical greedy whore. Cheever, however, is a smarmy, boot licking shill who will experience race weekend hate from me that will make him pine for the ninth circle of hell. :cool:

RTKar
10-05-05, 09:54 PM
I hope it's true.

Floyd's just your typical greedy whore. Cheever, however, is a smarmy, boot licking shill who will experience race weekend hate from me that will make him pine for the ninth circle of hell. :cool:

I see a Milwaukee pit pass in your future...this I gotta see. I wonder if you can get a quantity discount ;)

Lizzerd
10-05-05, 10:32 PM
I want one too! Chop, RT, and I together could give the rat bastard a good ear full. I'll bet "the quiet one", rocket, could throw in a few daggers too.

Methanolandbrats
10-05-05, 10:51 PM
I want one too! Chop, RT, and I together could give the rat bastard a good ear full. I'll bet "the quiet one", rocket, could throw in a few daggers too. I'll photograph it and help post bail.

SteveH
10-05-05, 11:45 PM
I hope it's true.

:laugh: I wouldn't heckle, I'd just laugh my *** off at him. Big Indy weiner and all. :D

Wally
10-06-05, 03:28 PM
:)

Ankf00
10-06-05, 04:17 PM
would it technically be a crime if I, erm, "accidentally" had to unload one in his cockpit?

oddlycalm
10-16-05, 06:37 PM
Official - Red Bull dumps Cheever.
Not official yet - Red Bull to CCWS

oc

coolhand
10-16-05, 06:56 PM
who is going to pay for engines for cheever next year? :laugh:

fourrunner
10-16-05, 06:57 PM
It would be cool for Red Bull to come Champ Car racing

I think that leaving the IRL without announcing future change is better than "In the Face Champ Car switch " announcement .. at least in the business sense

Andrew Longman
10-16-05, 07:47 PM
It would be cool for Red Bull to come Champ Car racing

I think that leaving the IRL without announcing future change is better than "In the Face Champ Car switch " announcement .. at least in the business sense

Yes except they got to say today on the broadcast that "they are going to F1 where they've started a second team"

fourrunner
10-16-05, 08:31 PM
Yes except they got to say today on the broadcast that "they are going to F1 where they've started a second team"

Yes I heard that AL ... but I'm reasoning that going to F1 doesn't hurt the IRL as much as a switch to Champ Car ( insult wise) ... maybe they'll announce soon ( or maybe they won't ) But Red Bull seemed pumped on the Champ Car prospects just a few weeks ago ... but who knows

Jervis Tetch 1
10-17-05, 09:23 AM
Official - Red Bull dumps Cheever.
Not official yet - Red Bull to CCWS

ocGood riddance to underaCheever.

trauma1
10-17-05, 11:54 AM
as much as i would love red bull to be in champ car, i'll wait until it's announced until i believe it, they have alot with all thier F1 team and GP2 team also, the buying of Minardi may have pit the cc involvemnet on hold for awhile

Accipiter
10-18-05, 02:51 PM

Who are "They"? Cheever? Because, if so, he might not exactly be in the loop on where the money is going.

Andrew Longman
10-18-05, 06:33 PM
Who are "They"? Cheever? Because, if so, he might not exactly be in the loop on where the money is going.

Jamie said it, IIRC, in her set up to the Cheever interview. Cheever seemed pretty glum, especially compared to Jamie and her "perky pony tail". (Thanks pressdog)

I think you point is correct. Jamie probably only knows what Eddie told her off camera

Ronbo
10-19-05, 12:41 AM
In somewhat the same sense that plowing Roseanne is resuming dating after breaking up with a model. :shudder:

Like Phipps said in another thread,

I just threw up a little!