PDA

View Full Version : Siebken's - The Last Open Bar (the completed work)

devilmaster
10-05-05, 01:34 AM
I start this thread simply because Roger has finished it and I felt that the completed work was lost on page 4 of the other thread.....

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/LastOpenBar_poster_web.jpg

If you want to place an order - http://www.racingpilot.com/item546179.ctlg

Once again, amazing work Roger :thumbup:

Happy Camper
10-05-05, 10:43 AM
Thanks for posting the completed image here, and for all the comments in the thread. I appreciate it. Almost makes the months of effort worthwhile! Almost, he said.

It goes off to the printer today, so it should be available in a couple of weeks thru the racingpilot website. It can be pre-ordered too.

Roger Warrick

rabbit
10-05-05, 11:24 AM
My new wallpaper... :thumbup:

(Oh, and I am ordering a print too.)

rosawendel
10-05-05, 11:49 AM
heh heh... binford.

RichK
10-05-05, 12:23 PM
That is going to look awesome in my shop. Great job! :thumbup:

dando
10-05-05, 12:23 PM
heh heh... binford.

:) Just caught that, too. Lots of great nuggets in this piece.

Roger, kudos! I'll be ordering one of these. Are there any stories behind any of the background items in the piece?

-Kevin

Napoleon
10-05-05, 12:43 PM
:thumbup:

Looks good. Nice job, Rodger.

Love the Coke bottle near Lil' Als nose and the other details.

Sean O'Gorman
10-05-05, 12:50 PM
You can't see him, but I think Railbird is there too. I think that is his High Life at the table where Penske and Donohue are sitting at. ;)

Happy Camper
10-05-05, 04:18 PM
Kevin,
Just about everything in the background is actually in the bar. I didn't make all that up. I'm sure things get removed and replaced over time, but this is what was on my photo references. The Jag outside is from the Burt Levy book. For the pole in the foreground, I didn't have good reference of it, so alot of those stickers were put in by request, or as a thank you.

Roger

:) Just caught that, too. Lots of great nuggets in this piece.

Roger, kudos! I'll be ordering one of these. Are there any stories behind any of the background items in the piece?

-Kevin

G.
10-05-05, 04:22 PM
Kevin,
Just about everything in the background is actually in the bar. I didn't make all that up. I'm sure things get removed and replaced over time, but this is what was on my photo references. The Jag outside is from the Burt Levy book. For the pole in the foreground, I didn't have good reference of it, so alot of those stickers were put in by request, or as a thank you.

Roger
Whether by design, or accident, Roger, that High Life is Railbird's. Now and forever.

Great pic!

formulaben
10-05-05, 04:47 PM
And I like how Mikey's hiding behind the pole. He's dodging the stuff we're throwing at him! :rofl: But it must be the first smile I've ever seen from him...

rabbit
10-05-05, 06:02 PM
And I like how Mikey's hiding behind the pole. He's dodging the stuff we're throwing at him! :rofl: But it must be the first smile I've ever seen from him...
I'm not sure if he's hiding, or if he's just there because that's how we all remember the second half of his racing career -- always somewhere well behind the pole. :gomer:

formulaben
10-05-05, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure if he's hiding, or if he's just there because that's how we all remember the second half of his racing career -- always somewhere well behind the pole. :gomer:
Touché. ;)

SteveH
10-05-05, 08:36 PM
One for me. :thumbup:

Very nice, one of the best bars in the whole world.

chop456
10-05-05, 09:31 PM
Very cool.

The last time I was at RA for a Champ Car test session, RtKar and I hit Siebken's for lunch. I sat in Donohue's chair and he in Penske's. :D

RTKar
10-05-05, 09:48 PM
Very cool.

The last time I was at RA for a Champ Car test session, RtKar and I hit Siebken's for lunch. I sat in Donohue's chair and he in Penske's. :D

...was a good day. Saw ncmlj in the bleachers too.

BTW, in the painting, Greg Moore must be passed out on the lawn ;)

2DB
10-06-05, 01:27 PM
Roger,

Great! It's a must have print.
SeanO, I believe your right about that Miller High Life. The last time we went up there John and I had to stop in for a cold one and that bottle just never got bussed.

Kelvis

Napoleon
11-05-05, 10:05 AM
Got mine in the mail yesterday!

Andrew Longman
11-05-05, 05:17 PM
Got my copy of The Last Open Road a few weeks ago. Just read the chapters on Elkart Lake and Miss Sally Enderle this afternoon. Great fun!