PDA

View Full Version : My 2 favorite subjects: Tony George & Grand Am

RichK
10-02-05, 11:24 PM
:laugh:

Did y'all catch Robin Miller on Windbag? He said that Tony George was talking to an IRL team owner, and asked him "What do you think if I sold Vision Racing & started a Grand Am team?"

The IRL owner said "That wouldn't look so good to the troops, you know, the IMS owner bailing on the IRL for Grand Am".

Tony then said (I love this part): "I didn't know this was going to be so expensive."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

coolhand
10-02-05, 11:47 PM
I find that hard to believe. if true, that is utterly amazing

SteveH
10-02-05, 11:52 PM
No one ever said you had to be a genius to receive an inheritance.

Jervis Tetch 1
10-03-05, 10:06 AM
No one ever said you had to be a genius to receive an inheritance.You said it. sp(e)rm lottery winner.

Kink
10-03-05, 10:31 AM
Blind as a #### bat, even with all that vision.

Do ya suppose that other off-spring of the georges will ever have anything more than hind-sight?! :shakehead

2DB
10-03-05, 11:02 AM
Do you think the CEO of TLSC drives or carpools to the weekly MENSA meetings?!

Kelvis

rabbit
10-03-05, 12:00 PM
Tony then said (I love this part): "I didn't know this was going to be so expensive."Appearantly Fred forgot to bring the last page of the budget projections.

RacinM3
10-03-05, 08:03 PM
I find that hard to believe. if true, that is utterly amazing

You do?

Really?

After the last 10 years?

Really?

Wow.

I find it to be (sadly) ENTIRELY believable.

oddlycalm
10-03-05, 08:31 PM
I find it to be (sadly) ENTIRELY believable. As do I. Most of us could cite dozens of examples of businesses large and small that the kids or grand kids squandered. The age old problem for those with 2nd and 3rd generation money is the disconnect from the real world resulting from the insulation that money provides. If a person doesn't discover how the world works from the school of hard knocks, and there isn't specific work related training designed to offset the limitations of the wealthy upbringing, it's unlikely that person will ever be able to contribute anything to real world enterprises. TG had the further handicap of being raised by hyenas.

oc

Methanolandbrats
10-03-05, 11:40 PM
Half the time FTG must pizz himself and then unzip his pants. No way he's smart enough to get the sequence of events right everytime.

dando
10-03-05, 11:46 PM
Half the time FTG must pizz himself and then unzip his pants. No way he's smart enough to get the sequence of events right everytime.
Nah...Larry Curry unzips his pants for him. :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
10-03-05, 11:48 PM

-Kevin Aw geezus, I was having a late dinner and I almost puked. :thumbup:

formulaben
10-04-05, 02:05 AM

-Kevin

...and then...

rabbit
10-04-05, 08:01 AM
...and then...
Don't anyone dare finish that sentence. :saywhat: I have a weak stomach.

devilmaster
10-04-05, 10:52 AM
...and then...

He violates parole.

rabb - :p