PDA

View Full Version : Siebkens- the Last Open Bar

Pages : 1 [2]

devilmaster
10-04-05, 10:32 PM
Ya know, it ocurred to me this evening that this pic is like The Last Supper for race fans. :) :(

-Kevin

Perhaps, but KK et al know the importance of going back to RA.... I could see a return there if the business plan is coming along as they originally planned....

Sean O'Gorman
10-04-05, 10:33 PM
Ya know, it ocurred to me this evening that this pic is like The Last Supper for race fans. :) :(

-Kevin

Ya know, it just occured to me this evening the reasoning behind putting all the Canadians in the same section. Canada Corner, duh. I'm so dumb. :o

devilmaster
10-04-05, 10:36 PM
Ya know, it just occured to me this evening the reasoning behind putting all the Canadians in the same section. Canada Corner, duh. I'm so dumb. :o

In your defense, I don't think alot of other people got it either....

I'm thinking I should throw the finished pic in a new thread.... yes/no?

Methanolandbrats
10-04-05, 10:43 PM

-Kevin Yup, LAST is the key word :(

dando
10-04-05, 10:55 PM
Heh. And here I thought it was becuz they were watching a hockey game. :gomer:

If indeed that is the case, good catch, SOG. :)

-Kevin

formulaben
10-05-05, 01:03 AM
In your defense, I don't think alot of other people got it either....

I'm thinking I should throw the finished pic in a new thread.... yes/no?

YES. Congratulations to the artist. I'm very impressed. Chalk up another talent that I wish I had... :cry:

Napoleon
10-05-05, 06:35 AM

Didn't you read my post above? ;)

rabbit
10-05-05, 08:14 AM
That was my first thought when I saw it. In fact, that was how I figured out Siebkens was in Elkhart Lake. Frankly, I had never heard of the place. :o

Jervis Tetch 1
10-05-05, 10:05 AM
All in all it was good stuff. The painting and the many beers I consumed at Siebkens, especially the eve of the races.

Easy
10-05-05, 10:23 AM
Peter Cunningham owns Realtime Racing and is I believe, the all time leader in SCCA Pro racing victories and World Challenge victories. So yeah, he's had an okay career.

Sean O'Gorman
10-05-05, 10:33 AM
Didn't you read my post above? ;)

You are filed in with Cork, Ank, and Stu. I only read your posts if I see my name mentioned. :D

TKGAngel
10-05-05, 10:39 AM

Sean, I didn't get it either at first. And that was with reading Napolean's post.

Still, its a really cool print. I poked around on his website yesterday and the holiday cards he did for Rahal many moons ago were quite good.

Andrew Longman
10-05-05, 12:33 PM
Just ordered my copy of TLOR. Never heard of it until this thread but it seems it is a must read for my collection. Jersey guys working in a Sinclair station racing sports cars on open road? Please. What's not to like? :gomer:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/096421072X/qid=1128528655/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-1321017-0426218?v=glance&s=books

Also, the next time I am at RA I'll have to go to Seibkens. I always dine down the street at a nice place across from the RR station. I thought about Siebkens but it is always mobbed. Now I know that doesn't matter.

Napoleon
10-05-05, 12:35 PM
That was my first thought when I saw it. In fact, that was how I figured out Siebkens was in Elkhart Lake. Frankly, I had never heard of the place. :o

Sorry about that. I guess I should have mentioned where it was. I figured people who knew what it was would be interested and ignored by others.

I looked at my Road America book last night and they handed out the trophies for the first race they held at RA at Siebkens. When I went to the Champcar race a few years at RA they did that show Speed TV use to do on Friday nights (or was it Sat?) from Siebkens, so you had a whole bunch of racing types in the place. And some seedy types like Ziggy and Steve H who where camped out at a table. ;)

You are filed in with Cork, Ank, and Stu.

Ouch!

dando
10-05-05, 12:40 PM
And some seedy types like Ziggy and Steve H who where camped out at a table. ;)

With 'bird nearby is my guess. Wouldn't it be nice to have 'bird penciled into this piece? :)

-Kevin

Napoleon
10-05-05, 12:52 PM
With 'bird nearby is my guess. Wouldn't it be nice to have 'bird penciled into this piece? :)

-Kevin

Funny you should mention that because after my original post the thought occurred to me to e-mail Rodger and say if he wanted a "fan" in the picture I had the person he should use who passed away this past May after a lifetime of attending races. But I knew from what I saw it was nearly done (the one at MO was farther along then the one in my original post and was all but done) so didn't.

But if Happy Camper is reading this and may need a fan for a face in the crowd, I have his man.

I don't recall having run into ‘bird there that night although he was there that weekend careening around in a golf cart. I think I did run into Lizzard and maybe Sean O and a bunch of other people.

JoeBob
11-17-05, 05:05 PM
I looked at my Road America book last night and they handed out the trophies for the first race they held at RA at Siebkens. When I went to the Champcar race a few years at RA they did that show Speed TV use to do on Friday nights (or was it Sat?) from Siebkens, so you had a whole bunch of racing types in the place. And some seedy types like Ziggy and Steve H who where camped out at a table. ;)

I was there too, but not with those guys. :)

TRDfan
11-17-05, 06:40 PM
That was a good night at Siebkins. Good people and my son's drawing for Scott Dixon was presented on air by Derek Daly.

Good weekend all around....got to meet Railbird that weekend as well.

SteveH
11-17-05, 07:06 PM
When I went to the Champcar race a few years at RA they did that show Speed TV use to do on Friday nights (or was it Sat?) from Siebkens, so you had a whole bunch of racing types in the place. And some seedy types like Ziggy and Steve H who where camped out at a table.

Lizzerd and RaceChic were with us for a while. Railbird wasn't with us. But he was there that weekend. Saw him on the hill overlooking T5 with a cold Miller in his hand and smile on his face.

pchall
11-17-05, 10:56 PM
OK,who is she

I kind of figured that one was a bar owner, or something similar.

Used to be a driver of some prominence and success in 50s and early 60s sportscar racing and now does car/motorsports journalism.

Methanolandbrats
11-17-05, 11:04 PM
http://hihowaya.blogs.com/weblog/2004/11/first_female_sp.html

RichK
11-18-05, 08:31 PM
She wrote some good stuff for Autoweak (formerly Autoweek), I recall.

Lizzerd
11-18-05, 11:05 PM
Lizzerd and RaceChic were with us for a while. Railbird wasn't with us. But he was there that weekend. Saw him on the hill overlooking T5 with a cold Miller in his hand and smile on his face.

That was a great weekend at the race track. My dad taped the SPEED Friday night show and I was in camera view for about two seconds when Willy T. came through the crowd. Great fun had by all...

TRD's son's drawing was cool, too.

Please, KK, find a way to bring back Road America to Champ Car! Please, pretty please?

Methanolandbrats
11-18-05, 11:10 PM
LOts of remaniscing about RA, lots of tales, lots of booze, great racing, personalities, tradition, one of the best tracks in the WORLD...............ok, why don't we race there?? KK cut a f'n check and call it an investment, call it advertising.