PDA

View Full Version : The State Fair of Texas (and OU week)

Ankf00
10-02-05, 02:34 PM
god bless the state fair, and the fact that I live 2 ****ing miles away :D

fried food available at the fair:
Porkchop Sandwich
PB&J and banana Sandwich
Oreos
Cheesecake
Twinkies
Ice Cream
Marshmallos
Italian Meatballs
Apple Taco
Coconut Coated Pineapple Rings
Strawberry Empanada
Potato Fries
Snickers
Nutty Bars
Chocolate Covered Keylime Pie
Belgian Waffles
Cheese Curds

and of course...

FLETCHER'S CORNY DOGS!!!!!!!! mmmmm, cooooornyyyyy dooooooogs.

the aforementioned, plus beer in a wax cup will make for fine dining for the next few weeks...

Oh yes, and a side of stomping a mudhole in Stoopsie & OU after lunch on Saturday will do nicely...

Grambling vs. Prairie View A&M kicked off the football tradition, Aggy and Tech are in negotiations for moving their newly established "rivalry" game there, soon to be titled "Race for Third Place (in the Big XII South)"

it's 1:34 pm and OU STILL sucks!!

TurboTodd
10-04-05, 09:27 AM
Boomer Sooner..

That said, I won't be anywhere near Fairpark on Saturday. We're going Sunday. Place is a bit too tense on gameday.

And living 2 miles from Fairpark might not be considered an "advantage".. ;)

CARTNUT
10-04-05, 10:51 AM
god bless the state fair, and the fact that I live 2 ****ing miles away :D

Porkchop Sandwich
PB&J and banana Sandwich
Oreos
Cheesecake
Twinkies
Ice Cream
Marshmallos
Italian Meatballs
Apple Taco
Coconut Coated Pineapple Rings
Strawberry Empanada
Potato Fries
Snickers
Nutty Bars
Chocolate Covered Keylime Pie
Belgian Waffles
Cheese Curds

and of course...

FLETCHER'S CORNY DOGS!!!!!!!! mmmmm, cooooornyyyyy dooooooogs.

the aforementioned, plus beer in a wax cup will make for fine dining for the next few weeks...

What the heck, no Deep Fried Avocado? No Gator Nuggets??? You have no idea what you're missing! :gomer:

Ankf00
10-04-05, 10:56 AM
Boomer Sooner..

That said, I won't be anywhere near Fairpark on Saturday. We're going Sunday. Place is a bit too tense on gameday.

And living 2 miles from Fairpark might not be considered an "advantage".. ;)

ah, yes, but it's all in the direction FROM fairpark, in my case, straight NE to Lakewood. :D All other paths lead to hobos walking past you before sundown asking "what you boys doin' here? ...whooooo I wouldn't be out here past sundown if I was you..." or random black dudes in convenient stores in their underwear at 3am saying "you boys REALLY need to go home. :mad:" <---:eek:

none of these experiences, however, will diminish my enjoyment of fried keylime pie on a stick. nor my joy in taunting one-toofed, meth-addled, mullet-donning, camaro/firebird/transam-driving, doublewide-living, inbreds from north of the Red River this Saturday!

mmmmm, fried keylime pie on a stick w/ Lone Star in a wax cup, mmmmm

TurboTodd
10-04-05, 11:43 AM
none of these experiences, however, will diminish my enjoyment of fried keylime pie on a stick. nor my joy in taunting one-toofed, meth-addled, mullet-donning, camaro/firebird/transam-driving, doublewide-living, inbreds from north of the Red River this Saturday!

Damnit, now I have to leave the F-body at home.

:mad:

Ankf00
10-04-05, 12:03 PM
Damnit, now I have to leave the F-body at home.

:mad:

Now why would you do a thing like that?

At approximately 1 p.m. Thursday afternoon the grand total of GM muscle cars in Texas will increase tenfold. You will surely blend in, although a lack of a mullet might give you away as an imposter. :)

(If I had a fam I'd be going NEXT week, screw this weekend altogether. But there doesn't seem to be as much excitement/enmity this week as in years past. May you enjoy your Fletcher's corny dog and fried keylime pie on a stick in peace :))

Ankf00
10-05-05, 01:35 PM
and it begins....
what are the other good games this weekend? Tennessee Georgia , Nebraska Tech, UCLA Cal, Penn St Ohio St...

oh well, onto the pictures of OU glory.
http://www.soonersports.com//pics10/640/QD/QDMUSGSEDTBJDSA.20050827002441.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Statalyzer/oufan.jpg

Methanolandbrats
10-05-05, 01:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Statalyzer/oufan.jpg[/QUOTE]
:saywhat:

KLang
10-05-05, 02:54 PM
This would have been a better day had I not seen that. ;)

Wheel-Nut
10-05-05, 04:16 PM
Is that what happened to Barry Switzer?

Ankf00
10-05-05, 04:59 PM
Is that what happened to Barry Switzer?

Highly possible.

KLang: don't complain, I'm going to see that times 100000 this weekend. photo documentary of mullets w/ F-bodies to follow shortly. :p

and the wimen... ugh http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif

Gnam
10-05-05, 05:23 PM
Porkchop Sandwich
Back the truck up, homey. Is it the porkchop that's fried, or the whole sandwich?

Ankf00
10-05-05, 05:38 PM
Back the truck up, homey. Is it the porkchop that's fried, or the whole sandwich?

Don't worry, there'll be photographic updates come Saturday :D
(most of the non corny dog, turkey leg, cotton candy crap is new, read below, the whole pb&j & banana is fried though)

http://www.bigtex.com/newsroom/stories/2005/090205fooditems.html

Awesome Bread Pudding Wrap: Special-recipe bread pudding with rum sauce gently wrapped in a flour tortilla. Flash-fried, it's dusted with a combination of cinnamon and sugar and then frozen. Final product is finished in deep fryer, oven or microwave. Located in various Newport Concession stands (look for the yellow t-shirts) throughout the grounds.

Chicken Tender'n Biscuit: Extra-crunchy chicken, fresh from the fryer and nestled inside a hot butter-basted biscuit, is served with a side of warm spiced honey dipping sauce. At the Dock Restaurant, inside the Embarcadero.

Country Fried Pork Chop Sandwich: Crispy-fried and breaded, this boneless pork chop cutlet is sandwiched between two slices of savory onion bread and served with assorted dressings and a pickle spear, Southern-style. Located at Fernie's Funnel Cake stand across from The Old Mill Inn near Big Tex.

Fried Apple Taco: Appetizing Mexican pastry overflowing with apples and sprinkled with cinnamon dust right out of the fryer. Available at two locations — inside the Coca-Cola Food Court at Benavides Mexican Food and on Funway Street in the Midway, close to the bumper cars.

Fried Coconut Coated Pineapple Rings: Newly manufactured product consisting of silver dollar sized pineapple slices, lightly battered with a coconut breading. Deep fried to perfection, sprinkled with powdered sugar and topped with whip crème, a cherry and a tiny paper umbrella! Located in upper Gateway Plaza.

Fried Italian Meatballs: Delicious Italian-style meatballs battered and fried to a golden brown; plump and juicy inside, and crunchy on the outside. The meatballs are served with a side of dipping sauce. Located on Cotton Bowl Plaza at Bert's Burgers.

Fried PBJ and Banana Sandwich: An old favorite kicked up a notch for the State Fair! A carefully made peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich, that's frozen, dipped in a special batter, quick fried and dusted with powdered sugar. A delicious hot-and-cold sensation! Located outside the Embarcadero on Nimitz Dr.

Fried Strawberry Empanada: These deep-fried, rolled flour tortillas hold a yummy strawberry filling and are finished with a dusting of powdered sugar. Located in the Thrillway section of the Midway.

Going Bananas: Regular & sugar-free Banana Pudding, Banana Splits, Bananas Foster, Coconut Banana Cream Pie, Rum Raisin Banana Cake and Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding with Caramel Banana or Raspberry Sauce. Also, Turkey Salad Sandwiches on a Roll, Turkey Taco Salads in a Tortilla Bowl, Italian Panini Sandwiches and Brownies. Located inside the Coca-Cola Food Court (Tower Building).

Nutter Nana Sandwich: A new spin-off from last year's success, banana filling is sandwiched between fried Nutter Butter® cookies, then battered and deep fried. Located in the Midway near Guest Relations.

Pappy's Strawberries, Cream and Cake: Real strawberries and real strawberry juice are poured over ice-cold special cakes filled with vanilla cream or chocolate. On top? Sweet whipped cream and shaved chocolate bits. Located across from the Old Mill Inn near Big Tex at Proud Pappy's Pretzels.

Potato Crisps: Fresh-cut spirals of Idaho potatoes, fried, and then scrumptiously dusted with vanilla and creamy powdered sugar. Located on the lagoon-end of Cotton Bowl Plaza at Benz Foods.

Rio Grande Chicken: Meticulously seasoned and oven baked to a golden hue. Located in Cotton Bowl Plaza at the Cajun Gourmet stand.

Steak Salad: Grilled Philly steak tossed with mixed greens and tomato to make a deliciously different salad. Located at the Tower Steak Shop in the Coca-Cola Food Court inside the Tower Building.

Stuffed Baked Plantains: Baked and stuffed with peanut butter, island spices and topped with marshmallows. Located at the Coca-Cola Food Court inside the Tower Building at the Texas Caribbean Foods stand.

Sweet Potato Fries: Piping-hot sweet potato fries sprinkled with Lawry's seasoned salt, covered in shredded cheddar cheese and broiled to perfection. Brown sugar and cayenne pepper are dusted on the fries followed by a topping of crumbled bacon. Served with a side of Ranch dipping sauce, sweet potato fries are available at the Dock Restaurant, inside the Embarcadero Building on Nimitz Dr.

Taco Twister: A cone-shaped corn tortilla filled with either taco filling or fajitas, mixed with lettuce and topped with sour cream and guacamole. Makes a delightful walk-around meal! Located in the Midway on Funway Street near the bumper cars.

Texas Crab Cakes: Handmade and pan or deep-fried like their Maryland counterparts. Located on Cotton Bowl Plaza or Nimitz Drive at the Cajun Gourmet stand.

Vegas Fried Ice Cream: Combination peanut butter/bananas/and rock 'n' roll in a tasty fried ice cream ball. Topped with a special banana pie sauce, it's accompanied by a guitar-shaped buñuelo striped with peanut butter. So good it'll make your leg start a-shakin'! Located on Funway in the Midway close to the Lost Children Shelter.

White Chocolate Bread Pudding: Generous chunks of fresh French bread soaked in a creamy custard of rich white chocolate and baked until golden brown. Hefty portions are served warm and drenched in a white chocolate cream sauce. Available at the Dock Restaurant inside the Embarcadero Building.

Methanolandbrats
10-05-05, 05:47 PM
"Fried" seems to be the key concept.

Ankf00
10-05-05, 07:07 PM
the mullet that made 1st place at the fair last year
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/smokybrisket/DSC00350.jpg

:rofl:

dando
10-05-05, 07:58 PM
and it begins....
what are the other good games this weekend? Tennessee Georgia , Nebraska Tech, UCLA Cal, Penn St Ohio St...

Where's Game Day this week? HINT: not in Mulletville and not in Rocky Top.

Joe Papa, meet yer daddy. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-05-05, 08:40 PM
as much as I want to cut off my left nut for saying this... go bucks :mad: we need quality win points w/ this VT bandwagon building (like Beamer's ever won a big game other than that Miami one 2 years ago, whatever)

Ankf00
10-05-05, 11:13 PM
business majors :shakehead:, this is why the tickets should be delivered through willcall at the cotton bowl to prevent hos like this from getting tickets in the first place:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oklahoma-vs-Texas-Red-River-Rivalry-Tickets_W0QQitemZ6567321454QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Hello! I am selling one ticket to the Texas/Ou game in Dallas, Texas at the Texas Stadium, October 8th. It is of course the 100th game of the Red River Rivalry, which is a huge deal, something you don't want to miss! The seat is in section 120, row 24, which isn't bad, Texas Stadium has great stadium seating. I'll sell at a low price, because I need to get rid of this ticket, but I'm taking the highest bid asap so act now. If interested email me at reagan.reynolds@bba05.mccombs.utexas.edu.

venue: texas stadium
end of auction: oct 9th

:shakehead: she's on facebook too... hah.

TurboTodd
10-05-05, 11:39 PM
Update.. I will be on the fairgrounds on Saturday. Look for the guy wearing a Texas shirt, layered over an OU shirt... just in case

Stu
10-06-05, 08:08 AM
business majors :shakehead:, this is why the tickets should be delivered through willcall at the cotton bowl to prevent hos like this from getting tickets in the first place:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oklahoma-vs-Texas-Red-River-Rivalry-Tickets_W0QQitemZ6567321454QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

venue: texas stadium
end of auction: oct 9th

:shakehead: she's on facebook too... hah.

big fan of how the auction ends after the game is played.

when I was buying Browns season tickets this year, there were some auctions that ended after the first preseason game. I asked for a discount off of face value since I couldn't go to the game then. Everyone said no, the tickets for preseason aren't worth as much as regular season so its no big deal. I replied, "why the hell did you pay full price for preseason tickets then?" people are stupid.

Ankf00
10-06-05, 09:14 AM
Update.. I will be on the fairgrounds on Saturday. Look for the guy wearing a Texas shirt, layered over an OU shirt... just in case

we need to grab some corny dogs and lone star in wax paper cups :cool:

Ankf00
10-06-05, 09:15 AM
heh, mother f'ers... I knew the refs were dirty as **** in the mizzou game, 3 td's not reviewed and called no-goals, holding penalties every 1st and goal play...

On second thought
By Kirk Bohls | Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 06:55 PM
Maybe Texas had a right to crab after all. A Big 12 source said Wednesday that at least half the 14 penalties against Texas in last week’s Missouri game were determined later to be the incorrect calls.

The Longhorns were penalized for a whopping 135 yards in Columbia, Mo., and three potential touchdowns by Texas were not reviewed by the instant replay official. Missouri was flagged just five times for 31 yards. The game dragged on forever, lasting three hours, 34 minutes.

There may be little satisfaction in the clarification after the fact, but we have worse news.

The Missouri officiating crew, headed by referee Walter Davenport, also will work Texas’ game against Texas Tech in two weeks. Bring a comfy seat cushion.

dando
10-06-05, 01:21 PM
heh, mother f'ers... I knew the refs were dirty as **** in the mizzou game, 3 td's not reviewed and called no-goals, holding penalties every 1st and goal play...

:cry: <=== Ank

:gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-06-05, 01:43 PM
whatever, you know I'm right, 50%+ missed calls, and the other team's only flagged for 35 yards total?

corny dogs are just hours away... *droooooooool*

skaven
10-06-05, 03:22 PM
Don't worry, there'll be photographic updates come Saturday :D
(most of the non corny dog, turkey leg, cotton candy crap is new, read below, the whole pb&j & banana is fried though)

Awesome Bread Pudding Wrap: Special-recipe bread pudding with rum sauce gently wrapped in a flour tortilla. Flash-fried, it's dusted with a combination of cinnamon and sugar and then frozen. Final product is finished in deep fryer, oven or microwave. Located in various Newport Concession stands (look for the yellow t-shirts) throughout the grounds.

Chicken Tender'n Biscuit: Extra-crunchy chicken, fresh from the fryer and nestled inside a hot butter-basted biscuit, is served with a side of warm spiced honey dipping sauce. At the Dock Restaurant, inside the Embarcadero.

Country Fried Pork Chop Sandwich: Crispy-fried and breaded, this boneless pork chop cutlet is sandwiched between two slices of savory onion bread and served with assorted dressings and a pickle spear, Southern-style. Located at Fernie's Funnel Cake stand across from The Old Mill Inn near Big Tex.

Fried Apple Taco: Appetizing Mexican pastry overflowing with apples and sprinkled with cinnamon dust right out of the fryer. Available at two locations — inside the Coca-Cola Food Court at Benavides Mexican Food and on Funway Street in the Midway, close to the bumper cars.

Fried Coconut Coated Pineapple Rings: Newly manufactured product consisting of silver dollar sized pineapple slices, lightly battered with a coconut breading. Deep fried to perfection, sprinkled with powdered sugar and topped with whip crème, a cherry and a tiny paper umbrella! Located in upper Gateway Plaza.

Fried Italian Meatballs: Delicious Italian-style meatballs battered and fried to a golden brown; plump and juicy inside, and crunchy on the outside. The meatballs are served with a side of dipping sauce. Located on Cotton Bowl Plaza at Bert's Burgers.

Fried PBJ and Banana Sandwich: An old favorite kicked up a notch for the State Fair! A carefully made peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich, that's frozen, dipped in a special batter, quick fried and dusted with powdered sugar. A delicious hot-and-cold sensation! Located outside the Embarcadero on Nimitz Dr.

Fried Strawberry Empanada: These deep-fried, rolled flour tortillas hold a yummy strawberry filling and are finished with a dusting of powdered sugar. Located in the Thrillway section of the Midway.

Going Bananas: Regular & sugar-free Banana Pudding, Banana Splits, Bananas Foster, Coconut Banana Cream Pie, Rum Raisin Banana Cake and Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding with Caramel Banana or Raspberry Sauce. Also, Turkey Salad Sandwiches on a Roll, Turkey Taco Salads in a Tortilla Bowl, Italian Panini Sandwiches and Brownies. Located inside the Coca-Cola Food Court (Tower Building).

Nutter Nana Sandwich: A new spin-off from last year's success, banana filling is sandwiched between fried Nutter Butter® cookies, then battered and deep fried. Located in the Midway near Guest Relations.

Pappy's Strawberries, Cream and Cake: Real strawberries and real strawberry juice are poured over ice-cold special cakes filled with vanilla cream or chocolate. On top? Sweet whipped cream and shaved chocolate bits. Located across from the Old Mill Inn near Big Tex at Proud Pappy's Pretzels.

Potato Crisps: Fresh-cut spirals of Idaho potatoes, fried, and then scrumptiously dusted with vanilla and creamy powdered sugar. Located on the lagoon-end of Cotton Bowl Plaza at Benz Foods.

Rio Grande Chicken: Meticulously seasoned and oven baked to a golden hue. Located in Cotton Bowl Plaza at the Cajun Gourmet stand.

Steak Salad: Grilled Philly steak tossed with mixed greens and tomato to make a deliciously different salad. Located at the Tower Steak Shop in the Coca-Cola Food Court inside the Tower Building.

Stuffed Baked Plantains: Baked and stuffed with peanut butter, island spices and topped with marshmallows. Located at the Coca-Cola Food Court inside the Tower Building at the Texas Caribbean Foods stand.

Sweet Potato Fries: Piping-hot sweet potato fries sprinkled with Lawry's seasoned salt, covered in shredded cheddar cheese and broiled to perfection. Brown sugar and cayenne pepper are dusted on the fries followed by a topping of crumbled bacon. Served with a side of Ranch dipping sauce, sweet potato fries are available at the Dock Restaurant, inside the Embarcadero Building on Nimitz Dr.

Taco Twister: A cone-shaped corn tortilla filled with either taco filling or fajitas, mixed with lettuce and topped with sour cream and guacamole. Makes a delightful walk-around meal! Located in the Midway on Funway Street near the bumper cars.

Texas Crab Cakes: Handmade and pan or deep-fried like their Maryland counterparts. Located on Cotton Bowl Plaza or Nimitz Drive at the Cajun Gourmet stand.

Vegas Fried Ice Cream: Combination peanut butter/bananas/and rock 'n' roll in a tasty fried ice cream ball. Topped with a special banana pie sauce, it's accompanied by a guitar-shaped buñuelo striped with peanut butter. So good it'll make your leg start a-shakin'! Located on Funway in the Midway close to the Lost Children Shelter.

White Chocolate Bread Pudding: Generous chunks of fresh French bread soaked in a creamy custard of rich white chocolate and baked until golden brown. Hefty portions are served warm and drenched in a white chocolate cream sauce. Available at the Dock Restaurant inside the Embarcadero Building.

Holy... :eek:

You are not going to be able to ski, snowboard or walk this winter if you don't watch out.

Also, no trolling by the Lost Children Shelter. ;)

indyfan31
10-06-05, 03:43 PM
I just came back from the L.A. County Fair (largest fair in California). After looking at the menu from the Texas state fair, I suddenly feel like I didn't eat enough.

Ankf00
10-06-05, 04:02 PM
Also, no trolling by the Lost Children Shelter. ;)

It's what I like about these high school girls, man. I keep getting older, they stay the saaame age.

hrm, actually, I bet he drops by Across the Street Bar after the game...

yea, USC can have Jessica Simpson, she's from Plano anyways, we've got McConaughey and Owen Wilson. Definitely higher up on the "kickass" ladder. :gomer:

dando
10-06-05, 04:55 PM
whatever, you know I'm right, 50%+ missed calls, and the other team's only flagged for 35 yards total?

http://cheese.greenpeanut.com/cheese.gif w/dat?

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-06-05, 05:53 PM
http://cheese.greenpeanut.com/cheese.gif w/dat?

-Kevin

2 can play that...

whaaaa, Tressel's ruining our season with Tresselball, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:D

I can taste those corny dogs right now.... mmmm... beats the F outta that chocolate tainted crap on spaghetti you call chili up there :p

dando
10-06-05, 06:52 PM
2 can play that...

whaaaa, Tressel's ruining our season with Tresselball, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I can taste those corny dogs right now.... mmmm... beats the F outta that chocolate tainted crap on spaghetti you call chili up there :p
Quote me on dat, f00boy.

Cincy is where the chilli on noodles is from, holmes. I do enjoy it, with mucho hot sauce, but I prefer regular (as in tomato based w/beans and chunks of meat) chilli.

Have fun @ the f00boy family reunion in Big D. Can you say 6 in a row? :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-06-05, 07:16 PM
Have fun @ the f00boy family reunion in Big D. Can you say 6 in a row? :D
-Kevin

And in today's 6 o'clock news, local Lakewood resident admitted to Baylor Medical for treatment for attempted suicide through acute alcohol poisoning. The patient was last seen single-handedly floating a keg of Lone Star late in the evening with an empty case of Jim Bean lying by his side at the far end of SMU-Yale Boulevard. Barley House spokespeople were unavailable for comment.

Ankf00
10-06-05, 08:28 PM
Proper ettiquite for Texas-OU Weekend.

1. Secure a date. You must be discriminating. She can make or break your weekend. The attributes you seek are attractiveness, coolness and a general willingness to have multiple depravities visited upon her in a La Quinta hotel somewhere off of the interstate. She should remain smiling and cheerful as you engage in drunken brawls, vomit in her purse and lose your student ID on game day. Daughters of football coaches, chicks from small towns in West Texas, women who work with the mentally retarded and old steady girlfriends are excellent candidates for OU weekend. There’s nothing more sublime than laying your head in a girl’s lap while she holds ice to your eye and listens to your drunken rambles about how OU weekend resembles China’s Cultural Revolution, that a tiger shark could defeat a saltwater crocodile in a fight and that you would someday like to be nicknamed “Johnny Waterski.” Every now and then you should say,”Aaaah. Baby, I’m so sorry about your purse...and the fights....and for headbutting that cop’s horse in the balls...” At this point, she should sigh and pat you sympathetically. She should also smell nice.

2. The Drive. Locate a friend with an SUV. Make him drive. Serves him right, rich little bastard. Now you and your date can sit in the back, drink vodka and Gatorade, and, along with his date, make fun of his driving. The chicks must be told in no uncertain terms that no, they most certainly cannot listen to Ricky Martin or Bono and that Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffett will be just fine. You should stop in a gas station in Hillsboro and purchase beef jerky and pork rinds. Wiping your hands on your date’s hair is gauche. What do you think the upholstery is for?

3. The Drinking. Quarter pitchers at the Across the Street Bar. This establishes a steady-state baseline drunkenness that you can count on throughout the night. This is topped off with jagermeister shots. Jagermeister, though a foul cough syrup, is well documented for its ability to make you into a complete ass who believes that even the gravest of social offenses are extremely clever good fun. Fortunately for you, your drunken audience also believes this. At this point in the night, a girl from Houston Memorial named Missy or Mitzy or Traci (with an “i”) will probably become sick. Ask your date to hold her hair for her in the bathroom. It’s simple courtesy.

4. The Fighting. The guys in your group should walk from bar to bar in the West End taking up as much space on the sidewalk as possible. The OU guys coming towards you (who are doing the exact same thing) should be met head on—slipping a shoulder or saying excuse me as you stubbornly collide is bad form. When your shoulders inevitably meet both parties should act incredibly aggrieved and put upon by the arrogant bastard who bumped them. Witty repartee like “**** you” should be exchanged. As soon as this heard a crowd will magically appear and a brawl will ensue. Girlfriends shriek, bottles are thrown, people throw ludicrous haymakers that miss by a country mile and the cops arrive in force in about a minute and a half. Then you and Cletus, the OU guy, both have to pretend you weren’t fighting while you put your arms around each others shoulder in congenial fashion. We were just wrasslin’ you explain. Our bloody noses? I don’t know. It’s pretty dry weather, officer. Do you have some chapstick?

Later, you try to take a cab back to the La Quinta but you can’t remember which hotel you’re staying at. Everyone keeps bitching at your date: “Hey, I thought you were from Dallas...where are we?” Finally she confesses: “I’m from Plano alright? We never traveled past the strip mall because we might run into minorities or something. I’ve never actually been to Dallas.” The kids from Houston suburbs of Sugarland, Katy, and The Woodlands nod knowingly while the Austin people exhange weirded out looks.

After the third hotel, and as Akbar the cab driver grows increasingly angry, you recognize a certain Denny’s and you all rejoice that you’re home. After another fifteen minutes of trying various rooms (221, 122, 121, anything with 1’s and 2’s in it) you can finally relax. After a shower, you may attempt bouncey-bouncey with your date if you’re, ahem, up to it. Passing out on top of her in flagrante delecto is considered bad manners. I personally don’t see the big deal.

5. The Game. Half the crowd in orange; half the crowd in crimson. Sooners walk around with upside down Horns and you see thousands of RV people wearing muu muu’s, suspenders and Sooner Nation t-shirts. They scream a lot but you can’t really understand them. You should sneak in a flask of Jim Beam. After the game you see Cletus, the fightin’ Sooner from the West End, and you both greet each other as long lost pals. He’s staying at the La Quinta too. Y’all hang out that night and he’s a great guy. Pity you had punch him for deciding to go to OU.

Ankf00
10-07-05, 01:16 AM
from CBS' hit reality show!!! The pride of Oklahoma...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/hersavvyness/oktard.jpg

Stu
10-07-05, 08:48 AM
This is topped off with jagermeister shots. Jagermeister, though a foul cough syrup, is well documented for its ability to make you into a complete ass who believes that even the gravest of social offenses are extremely clever good fun. Fortunately for you, your drunken audience also believes this.

Staying away from this stuff. I asked a girl at a Browns game if she was pregnant or just fat. Actually I yelled it. Boyfriend was right there too. Jagermeister does some crazy stuff. :shakehead

Ankf00
10-07-05, 08:52 AM
Jager is atrocious yuppie fuel. As such, I try to keep the **** away. However my friends usually have different ideas, such as Mardis Gras and tOSU game... I think tOSU game is the only time I remember everything AFTER the jager... http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif

and on the 7th day, she rested and said, let them eateth thy corny dogs...
24 more hours... tick tock tick tock...

Wheel-Nut
10-07-05, 12:17 PM
http://www.vintagevelocity.com/Events%20Galleries/2003%20SVRA%20Vintage%20GT%20Challenge/04-1974%20March%20741.JPG

Ankf00
10-07-05, 02:39 PM
a hidden line cutaway of some racing sportscar with Jagermeister stamped on the hood (think it was open cockpit too) was the intro splash screen for Pro/E 2001

not sure what car it was, but the cutaways of the ductwork and was really neat

ok, the weekend is officially here. It's on, bishes :cool:

It's 2:00pm and OU STILL sucks!!! (in a non-tristan prettyman fantasy way...)

Ankf00
10-09-05, 04:13 AM
god bless corny dogs, turkey legs, and cheap beer in wax paper cups.

skaven
10-09-05, 10:52 AM
Photos?

I especially want to see what kind of girl lets you puke in her purse. :rofl: