PDA

View Full Version : The foosball smack 10/1

dando
10-01-05, 05:46 PM
Despite the Buckeyes bye week, there is still foosball being played this weekend. :gomer: Highlights so far today:

USC down 21-3 @ the half. Go Devils! :flame: :)

Bama pounding the Gators in the 2nd half.

Joe Papa may finally have a team again up in Happy Valley. Next week's showdown against the Bucks under the lights should be a good show.

VT took it to WV.

Hawkeyes redeem themselves for last week's no show, beating up on the ILLini.

MSU-U/M was a good show. Not sure that either is a very good team, tho.

It took Aggy OT to beat BU.

UT prepped for next week's Red River Blowout by whooping up on Mizzou.

Later, ND and Perdoo try to salvage their seasons.

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-01-05, 06:17 PM
Reggie McNeal is a joke of a qb, 15-14 as a starter, almost 14-15 if BU didn't choke on that third down.

Tommy Lee's 2nds wouldn't be as sloppy as UT's first half performance, although there's no way we have 10 holding calls in one game and mizzou has like 1...

Iowa State hanging with NU in the Sea of Red.... leading 13-10 start of the 4th. Winner of this game has to beat CU for the North title

buddy flew up for purdue game, can't wait to give him a call and hear him crying :laugh:

USC 21-10 ASU

'bama's in the gators' heads, the D is stout. Due to the Les Miles Factor, I say 'bama beats LSU and plays UGa in the Georgia Dome...

Ankf00
10-01-05, 07:35 PM
F'ing Keller.... 4 INT's....

Dr. Corkski
10-01-05, 07:48 PM
F'ing Keller.... 4 INT's....Make that 5. He should change his name to Drew. :laugh:

Ed_Severson
10-01-05, 08:57 PM
Hmmmmm ... Notre Dame 21, Purdue 0 after 24 minutes. Everybody who didn't see this one coming, please raise your hand.

<silence>

I don't know what the hell is wrong with the defense, but it matters not at this point. This team cannot put 21 points on the board against a decent defense with a slow, white Michael Vick taking the snaps.

Get thee behind me, Kirsch. :flame:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-01-05, 09:42 PM
Hmmmmm ... Notre Dame 21, Purdue 0 after 24 minutes. Everybody who didn't see this one coming, please raise your hand.

<silence>

I don't know what the hell is wrong with the defense, but it matters not at this point. This team cannot put 21 points on the board against a decent defense with a slow, white Michael Vick taking the snaps.

Get thee behind me, Kirsch. :flame:Hand raised ever so slightly... :o

Ankf00
10-01-05, 11:54 PM
tough game dude, however take solace in the face that your degree is worth slightly more than these OU students'

http://members.cox.net/texasownzyou8/stupid_okies.jpg

ain't no place better fer lurnin' than norman :gomer:

Classic Apex
10-02-05, 01:13 AM
^ :D

Best ever sign that I have seen on TV...

The first ESPN GameDay telecast of this year, I think it was at Pitt.

The sign itself isn't what killed me. It was the thought of considering either the mind state of the person that created the sign, either how drunk they already were at those early hours of the AM...or just what could have been running through that persons mind they thought to themself, "I gotta get this on TV!!!" And they did get it on tv, for 5 straight minutes.

The sign said...

"Don Mattingly likes to impersonate characters from the Wizard Of Oz."

:saywhat:

:rofl:

Ankf00
10-02-05, 01:25 AM
poll:

Fill in the blank.
The creator of the aforementioned signage was in the midst of a ______ binge/trip.

a) coke
b) 'shrooms
c) acid
d) alcohol
e) b+d

Stu
10-02-05, 07:52 AM
at least they used we're and not were.

dando
10-02-05, 11:09 AM
Cripes, times must be bad in Norman this season:

linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2178416)

Associated Press

NORMAN, Okla. -- One person was killed in an explosion near a packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night in what authorities said appeared to be a suicide.

The blast, in a traffic circle about 100 yards from Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, could be heard by some in the crowd of 84,000, but university President David Boren said no one inside the stadium was ever in danger.

"We are apparently dealing with an individual suicide, which is under full investigation," Boren said in a statement. There was no information about the person who was killed, and no reports of any other injuries.

A police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast. The area near the stadium was searched by bomb-sniffing dogs.

Jaclyn Hull, an OU freshman who left the game shortly before the explosion, said she saw "a little bit of smoke, about as much as you would see coming up from a grill."

Officers cordoned off an area west of the stadium after the explosion and nobody was allowed out of the stadium for about a half-hour after the blast, which occurred shortly before 8 p.m., about halftime of the Sooners' game against Kansas State. The game continued.

:eek:

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
10-02-05, 11:15 AM
Best ever sign that I have seen on TV...

I remember seeing one many years ago at a baseball game that simply said:

"This sign is a blatant attempt to get on SportsCenter!"

It worked. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
10-02-05, 01:43 PM
http://www.nationalwclub.com/img/postcard/Bucky_Full_Body_(Med)_231x300.jpg

Ankf00
10-02-05, 01:54 PM
Brian Calhoun... not good enough for Gary Barnett :rofl: Big 12 coach of the year my ****ing ass...

Tim
10-02-05, 03:17 PM
Brandon Williams is having a breakout year. Stocco has been improving.

EDwardo
10-02-05, 03:19 PM
Ank, is this your work?

http://riotboard.com/media/Longhorn%20Poo!!_01.GIF

Ankf00
10-02-05, 03:34 PM
ah, yes, 3rd grade, I remember the age of 9 quite well... I couldn't really draw people well so I left out Bosworth's face.

Although, watching his 2 kids play backer for UCLA in those powder blue uniforms he was so fond of mocking as homosexual is payback enough...