PDA

View Full Version : "How Stupid"

NismoZ
10-01-05, 11:25 AM
"1,000 miles, 10 hours...how stupid is it to crash on turn one?" Amen. Race drivers, ya gotta love 'em.

Sean O'Gorman
10-01-05, 11:29 AM
Ok with half the LMP1 field damaged, and the LMP2 cars being what they are, could a GT car win? ;)

NismoZ
10-01-05, 11:44 AM
Yeah, a big loud yellow one! :)

NismoZ
10-01-05, 11:56 AM
Well, it IS Atlanta, afterall, but the Zytec comment that "...they were out to get us!" ought to heat things up a little, NASCAB style! :D Have to say, that was the main reason I was watching...to see those guys win!

RTKar
10-01-05, 12:11 PM
Very stupid...3 wide ?

NismoZ
10-01-05, 12:26 PM
JJ's defense was "We've done it before!" Like him a lot, but...I guess that was a dig at "the new kid" who MUST have screwed it up. Weaver says the kid "turned in on me, bounced off and hit the Audi," so their stories mesh, but STILL, lap 1, turn 1? :rolleyes: PS...what I wouldn't give to see a whole race filled with those GT1 cars... that's fun to watch! Only need about 20 more of 'em! :D

NismoZ
10-01-05, 12:33 PM
And 1 more PS, for those who didn't see it...Dorsey called it. He KNEW JJ was going 3 wide, he KNEW what was (probably) going to happen. I think the real mistake was not in JJ's attempt to do it but not taking into consideration who he was doing it WITH. Some moves just shouldn't be tried against unknown/suspect competition.

FCYTravis
10-01-05, 12:47 PM
Zytek might pull out of Laguna Seca. Seems like they think they were "ambushed" by the regulars "out to get them."

This whole race is reminding me of a Grand-Am race with all the body contact, crashes and incidents.

Steve99
10-01-05, 01:03 PM
This whole race is reminding me of a Grand-Am race with all the body contact, crashes and incidents.
Just wait untitl Max Papis gets in the car. Maybe he can cause another big one! :mad:

It wasn't JJ that made it 3 wide. He was on the front row to begin with, and I think was slightly in front enterring the turn. It was Weaver sticking it up the inside that made it 3 wide.

RusH
10-01-05, 01:07 PM
JJ's defense was "We've done it before!" Like him a lot, but...I guess that was a dig at "the new kid" who MUST have screwed it up. Weaver says the kid "turned in on me, bounced off and hit the Audi," so their stories mesh, but STILL, lap 1, turn 1? :rolleyes: PS...what I wouldn't give to see a whole race filled with those GT1 cars... that's fun to watch! Only need about 20 more of 'em! :D

I wish Speed showed the FIA GT series, that`s what your saying. Hell, I wished they raced here at least once.
http://www.fiagt.com/

NismoZ
10-01-05, 02:06 PM
Yup, to both 99 and RusH...and Weaver didn't even know if he'd have brakes when he needed them. Pedal to the floor on the warm-up lap. Would he have had to brake on the inside of 1 like that on lap 1 or was he flat? ANYway, a big screw up that makes the next 9.93 hours of the race sort of anti-climactic.

BobN
10-01-05, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=FCYTravis]Zytek might pull out of Laguna Seca. QUOTE]

Where did you hear that or are you making it up?

It flies against the reason Zytek announced as their reason for entering PLM and Laguna in the first place. That was to showcase the car to potential ALMS customers and they have said they may run the whole 2006 season as a works team.

FCYTravis
10-01-05, 03:27 PM
I heard it on the telecast, in the voices of the drivers and Zytek team principals.

Given that they've torn up their car substantially twice now in the same weekend, they don't seem to be keen on the competition.

Or did you not hear them call Dyson and Audi unprofessional wankers?

The speculation is hot and heavy on the ALMS forum that they'll pack up and head for home.

They sounded pretty gutted and said "we should have started in the back like we did at Nurburgring because they were gunning for us."

BobN
10-01-05, 03:34 PM
I heard it on the telecast, in the voices of the drivers and Zytek team principals.

Given that they've torn up their car substantially twice now in the same weekend, they don't seem to be keen on the competition.

Or did you not hear them call Dyson and Audi unprofessional wankers?

The speculation is hot and heavy on the ALMS forum that they'll pack up and head for home.

I know they were pissed. I haven't seen or heard a word about bailing on Laguna. Is it speculation on your part because of them being upset or is there something more concrete than speculation by forum members?

Withdrawing from Laguna goes against their stated reason for entering in the first place.

Steve99
10-01-05, 03:45 PM
I could use some company in ALMS chat:
http://www.americanlemans.com/fanfrenzy/almschat/almschat.asp

FCYTravis
10-01-05, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately, ALMS chat is broken on this Mac :(

extramundane
10-01-05, 10:29 PM
I could use some company in ALMS chat:
http://www.americanlemans.com/fanfrenzy/almschat/almschat.asp

I don't think I'm welcome there. :)

coolhand
10-02-05, 02:04 AM
I am always happy when the #4 vette beats the other one with max papis at the wheel :laugh:

Ankf00
10-02-05, 02:09 AM
I think Max Papis and Brian Bosworth share a biological father....