PDA

View Full Version : Ganassi transport seen at CC HQ

jonovision_man
09-30-05, 01:30 PM
Did you guys see the pics? Apparantly they're on AR1... looks real...

Interesting... very interesting... :) Speculate away. :D

jono

cameraman
09-30-05, 01:43 PM
Why would any team transporter be at the CCWS headquarters?

pferrf1
09-30-05, 01:43 PM
That going public is one of those things that could kill any such plans.

The heat form the IRLers will be all over Gannassi and Target now.

Gnam
09-30-05, 01:46 PM
Two questions:
1) Is that Chip's truck or did he sell it to someone?
2) Was the truck picking up or dropping off?

cameraman
09-30-05, 01:48 PM
Where does Champ Car store their spare Cosworths?

JoeBob
09-30-05, 01:50 PM
Of course, we don't know that it is CC headquarters. For all we know, it is a storage shed. We also don't know why it is there. Cheep already cut his effort from 3 cars to 2. He could be selling the rig.

Remember, it was less than a week ago that Mark posted a picture from a media tour (featuring a member of the IRL PR staff) and tried passing it off as rearranging the cars on the wall.

I don't bank on anything that doofus posts.

trauma1
09-30-05, 02:05 PM
the 1st image he had was from motorsports and 2 or 3 years old and saw that along time ago , this one may be new,

http://www.autoracing1.com/Images/2005Misc/GanassiTruckChampCarShop.jpg

Cam
09-30-05, 02:11 PM
the 1st image he had was from motorsports and 2 or 3 years old and saw that along time ago , this one may be new,

This photo was taken yesterday.

# jhead GanassiTruckChampCarShop.jpg
File name : GanassiTruckChampCarShop.jpg
File size : 183644 bytes
File date : 2005:09:30 12:47:40
Camera make : FUJIFILM
Camera model : FinePix4800 ZOOM
Date/Time : 2005:09:29 00:10:35
Resolution : 1000 x 750
Flash used : No
Focal length : 13.5mm (35mm equivalent: 78mm)
CCD width : 6.20mm
Exposure time: 0.072 s (1/14)
Aperture : f/2.8
ISO equiv. : 125
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure : program (auto)

RichK
09-30-05, 02:14 PM
Equipment (like trailers) gets traded back and forth between series all the time.

trauma1
09-30-05, 02:22 PM
with 5 engines sitting behind those blue tarps , this isn't a trailer sale going on

jonovision_man
09-30-05, 02:23 PM
Date/Time : 2005:09:29 00:10:35

Wait a sec... if it's 10 after midnight, where's the sunlight coming from?

Are they in Ansan or something? ;)

jono

cart7
09-30-05, 02:36 PM

jono

Maybe it's that natural glow or "aura" that seems to surround chip.... at least in his mind.

jonovision_man
09-30-05, 02:37 PM
Maybe it's that natural glow or "aura" that seems to surround chip.... at least in his mind.

:D

jono

Cam
09-30-05, 02:39 PM

jono

You mean you can set the time correctly on both your VCR and your digital camera. ;)

NismoZ
09-30-05, 02:44 PM
5 engines, 1 car, 6 races in '06. That's the story going around, anyway. Full blown 2-car in '07? Dixon wants it, Chip is tired of visiting his drivers in the hospital and Target is supposedly leaning that way, too. Sure, just speculation, but an interesting and very believable possibility, I think.

jonovision_man
09-30-05, 02:55 PM
5 engines, 1 car, 6 races in '06. That's the story going around, anyway. Full blown 2-car in '07? Dixon wants it, Chip is tired of visiting his drivers in the hospital and Target is supposedly leaning that way, too. Sure, just speculation, but an interesting and very believable possibility, I think.

That'd be :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:. Sure would make CCWS that much more interesting.

jono

NismoZ
09-30-05, 03:10 PM
I'm glad you feel that way, as I do. I'd rather concentrate on being pro-ChampCar than Anti-anything(body) else. The return of a 4-time championship team, excellent drivers and a HUGE sponsor couldn't do anything but good for a growing series. Despite the rep, I'd take this guy over the other 3 logical choices anyday. AGR/Honda isn't ready for this kind of move, neither is "Patrick Racing :laugh: ". Penske is probably looking to stick around sell, a bunch of engines and maybe buy into the "family business", but Target/Chip with weak and retreating Toyota and a disaster of a season has very good reason to look ahead to a better future in ChampCar. Couldn't cost him any MORE, that's for sure, and I bet he can promise his sponsor he'll be at Indy, too. (?)

pferrf1
09-30-05, 03:31 PM
Would Chip really need to go pick up 5 engines or any other Champ Car equipment - 6 months before the first CCWS race of '06? The IRL season isn't even over yet. Is he going to divert resources from his IRL & Grand Am outfit to test for CCWS for next year? What is Jan/Feb/March for?

And why would he get engines now? Won't most or all of the pool of 100 XFEs be inspected and/or rebuilt in the offseason? You'd think he would want fresh engines in the spring.

And wouldn't those engines come from Cosworth in California anyway?

The timing is fishy to me.....

I only see two reasons why he would need to go pickup equipment at the CCWS head office:

1) This is all a ruse to get more TG money to get him to stay
2) He's going to run Australia/and or Mexico.

Most likely scenario: they could also be DELIVERING something too... like perhaps the series bought or leased his stock of Lola's to be able to run extra cars in Mexico and/or ease the entry of a couple of new teams for next year.

devilmaster
09-30-05, 03:37 PM
here's my thoughts in all this:

For a guy who got fired from TCGR, Darren Manning is still everywhere to be seen..... Trailers, commercials, websites, etc.etc.etc.

jonovision_man
09-30-05, 04:16 PM
Would Chip really need to go pick up 5 engines or any other Champ Car equipment - 6 months before the first CCWS race of '06? The IRL season isn't even over yet. Is he going to divert resources from his IRL & Grand Am outfit to test for CCWS for next year? What is Jan/Feb/March for?

And why would he get engines now? Won't most or all of the pool of 100 XFEs be inspected and/or rebuilt in the offseason? You'd think he would want fresh engines in the spring.

And wouldn't those engines come from Cosworth in California anyway?

The timing is fishy to me.....

I only see two reasons why he would need to go pickup equipment at the CCWS head office:

1) This is all a ruse to get more TG money to get him to stay
2) He's going to run Australia/and or Mexico.

Most likely scenario: they could also be DELIVERING something too... like perhaps the series bought or leased his stock of Lola's to be able to run extra cars in Mexico and/or ease the entry of a couple of new teams for next year.

I was thinking that as well. With a new CC spec coming out in 2007 those Lolas are worthless in a year, might as well get what he can for them.

jono

Andrew Longman
09-30-05, 04:29 PM
I'm betting he's delivering too. CCWS is likely to add a car or two in Australia and Mexico to put some local talent in the field. Whether the equipment is in Target livery is another matter, but I'd say unlikely.

In any event, Chip may be motivated to help out by supplying at a good price equipment he is otherwise not using.

The optimist in me hopes he is supplying equipment and crew as a way of easing back in to CCWS next year. Isn't chip going to be in Mexico anyway running GA on the CCWS weekend?

On the rumor of 6 races next year, why only six races? That seems somewhat random. I can't figure how you get to six.

cameraman
09-30-05, 04:46 PM
I read somewhere (here?) that Chip recently took back his Lola from Derrick Daly's driving school in Vegas. If CCWS, LLC is providing the ride for the TA champion then they are probably leasing the car that will be provided to PKV. This could well be the delivery of the car that Zwolsman will be driving in Mexico...

Makes as much sense as anything else.

Lord knows Chip could use the cash after blowing up 28+ IRL sleds this year

TKGAngel
09-30-05, 04:56 PM
here's my thoughts in all this:

For a guy who got fired from TCGR, Darren Manning is still everywhere to be seen..... Trailers, commercials, websites, etc.etc.etc.

Seriously, you cant swing a dead cat without hitting the man for all of his media presence.

Also tells me that maybe Target doesnt want to spend the bucks to update the commercial to show the correct driver if they are going to need to update the commercial anyways at the end of the year to show the correct car type. Also not a smart play on their ad agency's part, since Manning got canned how long ago, and creative for spots can be switched out quickly.

coolhand
09-30-05, 05:09 PM

you are only allowed to have two engines per car at a time i believe, and if this was for next year they would never lease him the enignes right now

coolhand
09-30-05, 05:13 PM
I read somewhere (here?) that Chip recently took back his Lola from Derrick Daly's driving school in Vegas. If CCWS, LLC is providing the ride for the TA champion then they are probably leasing the car that will be provided to PKV. This could well be the delivery of the car that Zwolsman will be driving in Mexico...

Makes as much sense as anything else.

Lord knows Chip could use the cash after blowing up 28+ IRL sleds this year

why? PKV has the car they ran in Monterrey for goethers.

why do they need another car??????????

Ed_Severson
09-30-05, 05:15 PM
you are only allowed to have two engines per car at a time i believe, and if this was for next year they would never lease him the enignes right now

Three per car, but yeah, if all five of those engines are leaving with Chip, that's not a one-car deal. However, it's entirely possible that the engines just happened to be there when the Chipmobile showed up.

As for any extra cars in Australia and Mexico City ... one at Surfer's, and at least one in Mexico. We're growing, folks. :thumbup:

Al Czervik
09-30-05, 05:16 PM
Maybe Floyd was dropping off "used" tubs to be used for training by the CC safety squad?

coolhand
09-30-05, 05:18 PM
Maybe Floyd was dropping off "used" tubs to be used for training by the CC safety squad?

i dont see any CC car getting beat up like those did

pferrf1
09-30-05, 05:20 PM
I thought Goeters car was one of hte back-ups - so CDM/Jimmy shared one backup.

Regardless - If TCGR was delivering cars for a team- they would be at a team's shop. The picture is of the series' warehouse. That makes me think that anything they are doing is with the series. i.e. selling them cars

As for requiring spare cars...there is talk of 3rd entries from PKV, NH and DCR. Having 'series' cars around for next year also facilitates one-offs or mini packages like Jensen to come together.

just my $.02.

RichK
09-30-05, 05:23 PM
Maybe CC got a good deal on crates of ranch dressing from the caterers, and Chip needs a fill up.

coolhand
09-30-05, 05:27 PM
I thought Goeters car was one of hte back-ups - so CDM/Jimmy shared one backup.

Regardless - If TCGR was delivering cars for a team- they would be at a team's shop. The picture is of the series' warehouse. That makes me think that anything they are doing is with the series. i.e. selling them cars

As for requiring spare cars...there is talk of 3rd entries from PKV, NH and DCR. Having 'series' cars around for next year also facilitates one-offs or mini packages like Jensen to come together.

just my $.02.

HVM is putting a 3rd car together and it seems independant of what ever other teams or the series is doing.

coolhand
09-30-05, 05:27 PM
Maybe CC got a good deal on crates of ranch dressing from the caterers, and Chip needs a fill up.

they cannot beat the deal Paul Newman gives for his newman's own dressing.

cameraman
09-30-05, 05:30 PM
why? PKV has the car they ran in Monterrey for goethers.

why do they need another car??????????

If the car gets broken it won't come off of PKV's inventory. This ride is a Champ Car thing not a PKV thing. Why should PKV risk their equipment? Also CDM has hammered a few chassis this year, PKV might not have as many spare cars now as they did when they were in Monterrey.

coolhand
09-30-05, 06:02 PM
If the car gets broken it won't come off of PKV's inventory. This ride is a Champ Car thing not a PKV thing. Why should PKV risk their equipment? Also CDM has hammered a few chassis this year, PKV might not have as many spare cars now as they did when they were in Monterrey.

1. PKV's inventory is not much different then anyother venture KK does.
i.e. the Two-seater is run out of the PKV shop (at least last year it was).

2. Its paid for by KK eitherway whether it's a series or tema thing.

3. Why shouldn't PKV race their equipment? its racing and its the last race of the season, they have a whole offseason to fix the damn thing.
Plus PKV might run a car in surfers this year too i guess they are not to worried about their equipment.

4. You are correct CdM has bent a few suspension pieces, posbily where the tub blocks are. nothing the carbon guy next door cannot fix. and the supensions arms get replaced all the time. correc me if i am wrong but i dont think CDM has "hammered" any car to the point they are not re-useable.

5. PKV has plenty of equipment.

cameraman
09-30-05, 06:22 PM
PKV and Champ Car are not the same firm.

Why should PKV spend the cash? It is not their job.
It does not matter if they can fix it crash damage why risk their equipment?
Why put one extra mile on their race car?
They want to win some races and offering up their gear to be pounded for no apparent gain is not going to help them one bit.

coolhand
09-30-05, 06:29 PM
PKV and Champ Car are not the same firm.

Why should PKV spend the cash? It is not their job.

PKV does whatever KK wants, CCWS does likwise. is that to hard to understand?

It does not matter if they can fix it crash damage why risk their equipment?

Because KK will ask them to do so.

Why put one extra mile on their race car?
They want to win some races and offering up their gear to be pounded for no apparent gain is not going to help them one bit.

Thats probably how the team feels but its not their choice. But sinc they have about 6-8 tubs it is not really a concern.

fourrunner
09-30-05, 08:11 PM

Chip probably lighting his Farts after Dinner !! ;)

nrc
09-30-05, 08:31 PM
At last fans of Champ car and the IRL have found some common ground: FCG!

Considering that nobody has really torn up much equipment this year, if someone is willing to spend the money to convert Chip's old Toyota/Lolas to Cosworth spec then it's good new for the series.

devilmaster
09-30-05, 08:39 PM
At last fans of Champ car and the IRL have found some common ground: FCG!

Ugh. We can't have that.

GO CHIP GO!!!!!

did i just type that? yuck. i need a shower now.

racer2c
09-30-05, 10:19 PM
I'd welcome Floyd and his sponsor dollars just for the negative IRL media it would generate.

Bring it on husky. The competition is in the CCWS.

Methanolandbrats
09-30-05, 10:26 PM
I'd welcome Floyd and his sponsor dollars just for the negative IRL media it would generate.

Bring it on husky. The competition is in the CCWS. Not me, he's a profiteer, not a racer. During one of his last years in CART he cut in front of my GTI on his scooter entering the Milwaukee Tunnel. I could have taken him out, but I lifted. I'm still haunted by my bad decision.

racer2c
09-30-05, 10:57 PM
Not me, he's a profiteer, not a racer. During one of his last years in CART he cut in front of my GTI on his scooter entering the Milwaukee Tunnel. I could have taken him out, but I lifted. I'm still haunted by my bad decision.

In the days of CART the profiteers could take advantage of the business model. In the CCWS, KK an Co. are too smart to let that happen. Chipster would be just another team.

G.
10-01-05, 12:06 AM
In the CCWS, KK an Co. are too smart to let that happen.
We hope. :thumbup:

coolhand
10-01-05, 12:25 AM
Not me, he's a profiteer, not a racer. During one of his last years in CART he cut in front of my GTI on his scooter entering the Milwaukee Tunnel. I could have taken him out, but I lifted. I'm still haunted by my bad decision.
LAMO :laugh:

Jervis Tetch 1
10-01-05, 12:53 AM
Whatever the deal is, the deekwads at Crack Forum have their panties all wadded up over this.

If Fat Cheep does come back, two very good things happen. One, it gives me a team to hate again (like Penske) and two, it's three less cars in the I*L.

That should be worth it alone.

CART License
10-01-05, 06:10 AM
;)

NismoZ
10-01-05, 11:49 AM
Recent rumor has them currently being fitted with the latest running gear, brakes, etc....hardly "show car" prep....but of course if they ARE going to be used by CC at Mexico , for example, they'd be doing that anyway.

Cam
10-01-05, 12:44 PM
Here's the scoop..... They were picking up the show car that CC had out in Vegas. The motors are out there ready for the trip to the Gold Coast. :gomer:

formulaben
10-01-05, 01:18 PM
Here's the scoop..... They were picking up the show car that CC had out in Vegas. The motors are out there ready for the trip to the Gold Coast. :gomer:

Chip's ready for an Australian vacation anyhow. But really, I do hope this is true and not some f'ing trolling mission like Ron Hemelgarn's BS last year. :thumdown:

SteveH
10-01-05, 07:16 PM
Don't forget that Chip was the first to run a full time IRL team, he blazed the path for the rest.

I'm just sayin'.......... :gomer:

pfc_m_drake
10-01-05, 09:31 PM
Don't forget that Chip was the first to run a full time IRL team, he blazed the path for the rest.

I'm just sayin'.......... :gomer:
Hate to ruin your story, but Derrick Walker ran Sarah Fisher full-time (2000 maybe?). At any rate, that was a couple of years before Chip's effort with Jeff Ward.

Ed_Severson
10-01-05, 09:39 PM
Hate to ruin your story, but Derrick Walker ran Sarah Fisher full-time (2000 maybe?). At any rate, that was a couple of years before Chip's effort with Jeff Ward.

I think what he meant to say was that Ganassi was the first guy from Champ Car to run the IRL exclusively. Walker ran Fisher in the IRL but he never left Champ Car.

formulaben
10-02-05, 12:18 AM
I think what he meant to say was that Ganassi was the first guy from Champ Car to run the IRL exclusively. Walker ran Fisher in the IRL but he never left Champ Car.

Uh, am I nuts? I thought that was Penske... :confused:

Ed_Severson
10-02-05, 12:22 AM
Uh, am I nuts?

Yes ... yes I am.

Oh, you?

No. :gomer:

Yeah, you're right. Penske was the first guy to hit the bricks.

<must somehow deflect akward attention>

What the hell were you talking about, Steve? :D

SteveH
10-02-05, 12:24 AM
I screwed up. Chip was the first to bolt to the IRL w/ an Indy only effort, right?

Anyway, screw 'em. I'll have someone to root against now.

JoeBob
10-02-05, 01:27 AM
I screwed up. Chip was the first to bolt to the IRL w/ an Indy only effort, right?

In 1996, Galles and Walker both ran in both the US 500 and Indianapolis 500. Galles had the only Mercedes engine to compete in the IRL that season.

Ganassi was the first of the "major teams" to cross over. And he won the race his first time out with Juan's grandmother behind the wheel.

Rocketdoc
10-03-05, 12:50 AM
"Maybe it's that natural glow or "aura" that seems to surround chip.... at least in his mind."

I'd guess it's Methane....

Jervis Tetch 1
10-03-05, 09:58 AM
In 1996, Galles and Walker both ran in both the US 500 and Indianapolis 500. Galles had the only Mercedes engine to compete in the IRL that season.

Ganassi was the first of the "major teams" to cross over. And he won the race his first time out with Juan's grandmother behind the wheel.A race I will always remember and cherish. You know the idiots on crack at the crack forum STILL want to believe Buddy Lazier's the 2000 500 champion? :rofl:

nrc
10-03-05, 10:44 AM
It was that smooth hose...

chicanor
12-27-05, 01:55 PM
nothing more than them transporting a show car... and the person who took that picture got in A LOT of trouble over that too. the ganassi guys were only supposed to bring a small trailer as they only needed it for 1 car. instead they brought the whole damn transporter and got everyone riled up...

Spicoli
12-27-05, 02:40 PM
nothing more than them transporting a show car... and the person who took that picture got in A LOT of trouble over that too. the ganassi guys were only supposed to bring a small trailer as they only needed it for 1 car. instead they brought the whole damn transporter and got everyone riled up...

Thanks for the update Geraldo. :gomer:

jonovision_man
12-27-05, 02:42 PM
Fun to speculate. :D

Too bad, I'd love to see Chip back in CCWS with a car or two.

jono