PDA

View Full Version : A1GP

Wheel-Nut
09-29-05, 05:58 PM
So this thing actually turned a wheel. Anyone get a chance to see some of the action?

Grunschev
09-30-05, 11:25 AM
So this thing actually turned a wheel. Anyone get a chance to see some of the action?

I found a TV capture of it on a private bit torrent site and downloaded both races. I've only watched the sprint race so far (18 laps) so it's way too early to tell, but it could be fun. About the first thing I noticed is that there are no sponsors on the cars. I should get time to watch the other race in the next day or so.

Igor

devilmaster
09-30-05, 11:32 AM
I was at the local pub here in Windsor, and since its an english style pub, they do get out of country papers every now and then.

Happened upon an 8 page broadsheet special about the A1GP from the Daily Telegraph. If I can find a way to scan it in, I'll post it up for people to read.....

Classic Apex
09-30-05, 11:35 AM
A1GP.com (www.a1gp.com)

Free race broadcasts and on-demand as well.

;)

Brickman
09-30-05, 06:56 PM
Direct TV

Channel 615 STS

Kiwifan
09-30-05, 07:38 PM
Apart from the cars looking BUTT UGLY they went ok. We got Live coverage on TV for both races plus all of the pre race/post race coverage and that made you feel a part of it. No switch to something else straight after the end of the race.

The racing was really close with the usual suspects up the front. For us (Kiwis) Matt Halliday did really well with a 3rd and 4th, the latter result coming after he started dead last from the pit lane.

We had Ben Edwards (former International ESPN) commentating and as usual he was brilliant and full of enthusiasm. What a pleasure to have someone who sounded like they were enjoying themselves! Thanks Ben, now if I could just get you teaming up with Jeremy again and beamed back into NZ I would be content. ;)

Rusty.

racer2c
09-30-05, 11:03 PM
Will Power!??!?! That's freakin' awesome! :rofl:

Poor sap didn't have enough to come in first though.

NismoZ
10-01-05, 12:14 PM
Not disappointed by anything I've seen, read or heard...so far. If this thing really ramps up I'll be interested to see which countries are able to bring out their big guns. Team Canada has reportedly offered PT some rides and I've read quotes from a number of big name drivers who have said they'd like to try A1.